BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

On 12/04/2018 at 09:47, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If that's the case  'Boro seeming to be prepared to let him go doesn't augur well.  I wouldn't be signing anybody with his history of injury until I'd seen him play regularly again. Take away his pace and what have you got ?

Hmmm. Probably Craig Conway.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 12:07, 47er said:

had Impossible to tell how Chapman's future will work out but I wish to God we had him fit and playing now!

IMO he didn't play enough when he was fit.

I would go further , if he played this last month , we would be top !!!

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Dylan McGeouch (Centre Midfielder)from Hibs, out of contract at the end of the season. Been mentioned up north about Rovers interest.

Tidy, deep lying playmaker. Mowbray and Mulgrew know him, recent Scotland call up.

Sounds like a reasonably tidy signing if replacing someone like Evans. Not sure if I'd like our youngsters being held back, Hardcastle and Tomlinson in particular.

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Sounds like a reasonably tidy signing if replacing someone like Evans. Not sure if I'd like our youngsters being held back, Hardcastle and Tomlinson in particular.

Travis will be 1st into the midfield. Would like someone with experience like Bridcutt come in. 

But I would like to see a couple of under 23's players come into the squad

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Travis will be 1st into the midfield. Would like someone with experience like Bridcutt come in. 

But I would like to see a couple of under 23's players come into the squad

Travis like Nuttall seemed to struggle against a very poor Bury team earlier in the season so hope they've improved considerably. Nuttall isn't good enough though.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

His best position is centre mid. Even tho he came play full back position.

Also all of first team apperences were centre mid

The majority of his games for the under-23's are either as a wing-back on the right or a right-sided midfield player.  He started as a right-back and then moved forward into midfield when we started to use a back three on a more regular basis.  Hardcastle, Tomlinson and John Buckley have been the central midfield players this season with Travis filling in when one of them is not available, but in the main he operates on the right hand side of midfield not the centre.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

It isn’t.

Sorry Staurt, I don't think I was clear enough in my post what I was saying. 

For the first team, all of his appearances as been as centre midfield for the first team. so That's where Ive seen him play for the first team. and some appearances for under 23's as ParsonBlue, But you are correct Stuart and Parsonblue have said that he has played right back and Right wing. 

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

The majority of his games for the under-23's are either as a wing-back on the right or a right-sided midfield player.  He started as a right-back and then moved forward into midfield when we started to use a back three on a more regular basis.  Hardcastle, Tomlinson and John Buckley have been the central midfield players this season with Travis filling in when one of them is not available, but in the main he operates on the right hand side of midfield not the centre.

Ive only seen some games but nowhere near as many both of you. 

I will be down tonight to watch after booking the night off work to go down

I hope the occasion doesn’t get to the young lads tonight. I think I’d have preferred Leyland to make it a little more routine. Villa mate at work reckons their U23s a on fire.

Let’s hope we are on our game.

On 15/04/2018 at 18:45, Fraserkirky said:

Dylan McGeouch (Centre Midfielder)from Hibs, out of contract at the end of the season. Been mentioned up north about Rovers interest.

Tidy, deep lying playmaker. Mowbray and Mulgrew know him, recent Scotland call up.

Does it sound like there's something in it?

Obviously you can never be sure about how well players adapt to coming down south, but I've liked him when I've seen him. Could be a cracking signing for a free. 

32 minutes ago, Lancaster Rover said:

McGeoch plays a more advanced role for the Hibees, a 10 of sorts, sometimes out on the wing. Can't see him playing as a Tugay sort, McGinn at Hibees has done really well in the middle of the park and it looks likely Hibs will cash in on him his summer.

If we have a spair 5m lock-in around McGinn is the one you want. Box to box, and tough as nails. 

Im a Hibs fan, McGeouch has never played on the wing pal. It’s him McGinn and Scott Allan in the middle, with Allan the most advanced these days.

McGeouch is a deep Lying midfielder.

I've not seen much of Hibs this year apart from when they came to Parkhead, so most my knowledge of McGeoch is from when he was at Celtic where he was much more advanced and got shunted to the wings on occasion.  I didn't realise he had dropped further back as he's got older. 

McGinn ran 2-2 game in September he was the best player on the pitch, Celtic were dreadful though Ntcham looked like he'd never played before.

Allan and McGinn in a swap deal?

• Backroom

Wonder if Abu Ogogo May be looked at if we go up and Shrews don’t, out of contract in summer and not signing one at present.

Midfielder and according to Shrews fans the player that’s kept them together.

May be too similar to Smallwood though 

Just now, Tom said:

Wonder if Abu Ogogo May be looked at if we go up and Shrews don’t, out of contract in summer and not signing one at present.

Midfielder and according to Shrews fans the player that’s kept them together.

May be too similar to Smallwood though 

We could do with another one! 

I would definitely look at raiding Shrewsbury for a couple of players if we go up 

Just now, Swanson said:

Any other players from this league worth looking at?

Otzumer on free?

What would Marriott cost?

Taylor from Rotherham?

Nolan at Shrewsbury?

Otzumer is too similar to Dack and I don't think he would wanna be a squad player. 

Marriot would be way out of our price range

Taylor would be a fine addition but depends on what formation TM wants to play next season. 

Nolan would be a good signing as I reckon Whittingham will be gone in the summer 

Just now, Swanson said:

Any other players from this league worth looking at?

Otzumer on free?

What would Marriott cost?

Taylor from Rotherham?

Nolan at Shrewsbury?

Wouldnt be overly surprised regarding Oztumer if we did, especially on a free, but hes just a number 10, so is Dack, so hed only be a sub if he joined.

Think Marriott and Nolan would be far too much, and not too sure if Taylor is even a regular at Rotherham. Maybe Adelakun at Scunthorpe, pacy, young and I think free.

• Backroom

Oztumer, McGeoch, Armstrong, Chapman in would give us a lot of depth, pace and creativity.

Raya

Nyambe  Lenihan  Mulgrew  Bell

McGeoch  Smallwood

Oztumer  Dack  Chapman

Arma

Archived