BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

30 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Powell has done it in the Championship and has played in the Premier League (albeit 3 games) - less of a risk than going for Dack who has yet to play higher than League 1. Championship clubs are who  I worry about.

True, though Powell has a shocking injury record which will put a few off. Fingers crossed Wigan sell as he would be a big loss for them at this late stage.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we have a wealth of attacking options and would definitely stick with what we have in midfield and up front. If anything, I would love us to sign a proven, commanding, uncompromising 6 foot 3" beast of a centre half. That has been our achilles heal for years as our goals against column confirms. 

23 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I can’t see Boro being easy to deal with. They won’t want to do us any favours after the Rhodes ordeal. Didn’t Gibson say that Venkys were the worst businesspeople he’s ever had to deal with?

They might not have much say in it. If Rovers are offering cash and the player wants to come here then they either take the money now or get nothing/much less in a few months.

I'm presuming Gibson isn't an idiot (although he did sanction a £50 million splurge last summer to sit mid-table in the Championship) so as a businessman bearing a grudge might not be the best thing to do.

18 minutes ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

no  since 1989 i know stokes is trouble etc but  for this level he could be decent 

Jason decent attitude since when he bleed  rovers dry then moved on or should i say kicked out 

Stokes is a wrong 'in of the highest order but yes wasted ability however his only ambition is to be the best waster he can possibly be I hope he ends up bankrupt with no contract anywhere.

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Stokes is a wrong 'in of the highest order but yes wasted ability however his only ambition is to be the best waster he can possibly be I hope he ends up bankrupt with no contract anywhere.

Apparently he is off to Poland. Cillian Sheridan is playing out there and doing well. He is one of the few Irish players who didn't end up playing in Ireland or the UK. Played for Nicosia(I think) and CSKA Sofia in the Champions league. Never really got a look in with Ireland, which was unfair. Anyway ,I digress. Ya, Stokes is a moron. 

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apparently he is off to Poland. Cillian Sheridan is playing out there and doing well. He is one of the few Irish players who didn't end up playing in Ireland or the UK. Played for Nicosia(I think) and CSKA Sofia in the Champions league. Never really got a look in with Ireland, which was unfair. Anyway ,I digress. Ya, Stokes is a moron. 

Odds on him getting a good hiding in a bar over there will be nailed on, hope he goes :lol:

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many more strikers do we need ? I make that Graham, Samuel, Nuttall, Armstrong, and Antonnson can't be far off being fit.

I would say we need zero more strikers. You can add Dack, Conway and Payne to that list as they go into the front 3 as well, and Chapman when fit. That's 9 players for 3 slots.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I heard this is us. 

Its from a decent source

Hope not we are covered up front for the rest of this season and if we go up we can do better than Cole.

If we where to sign a striker is rather a target man being brought in a big guy who can help out in our own box when we concede corner kicks

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Hope not we are covered up front for the rest of this season and if we go up we can do better than Cole.

If we where to sign a striker is rather a target man being brought in a big guy who can help out in our own box when we concede corner kicks

I dont think we need another striker/wide striker. 

Much prefer getting Chapman sign up before the summer. He be major player for us next season aswell

Just now, JHRover said:

Nixon?

Nope!!!

I not even posted links from Nixon on anymore. Other posters do that. 

Just now, K-Hod said:

Who's the source, Chaddy?

As an aside, he doesn't exactly look prolific....

Antonsson was exactly prolific before he came here. 

A person with decent info. Not going to name him on here. Not right. You dont ask J*B or other people to name their sources. So why me? 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont think we need another striker/wide striker. 

Much prefer getting Chapman sign up before the summer. He be major player for us next season aswell

Nope!!!

I not even posted links from Nixon on anymore. Other posters do that. 

Antonsson was exactly prolific before he came here. 

A person with decent info. Not going to name him on here. Not right. You dont ask J*B or other people to name their sources. So why me? 

Why is it not right to share a source who is putting it all over social media - they want the shares?

Archived