BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are after Jorge Grant from Nottingham Forest apparently, on loan at Notts County, but Forest have option to recall in January, so maybe that could allow us to sign him if a deal can be agreed? Midfielder with 16 goals and 5 assists this season

14 minutes ago, AAK said:

We are after Jorge Grant from Nottingham Forest apparently, on loan at Notts County, but Forest have option to recall in January, so maybe that could allow us to sign him if a deal can be agreed? Midfielder with 16 goals and 5 assists this season

Where have you heard that?

Forget Byrne he's failed here before. I'd take Kenny Mclean from Aberdeen, box to box type and good in possession. Available for free in the summer or we could pay 200k now. Capped by Scotland recently too so Mulgrew would be aware of him I imagine.

In my view, not much needed as we are now ripping up all before us just as I expected us to earlier in the season - let's be blunt, this is a cr@p league and we should have been ten points clear by now. 

We also have a couple of 'key' players to come back from injury though I reckon it could take Chapman most of the remaining season to find his legs again - his once decent pace might be a thing of the past with the terrible hamstring injury he suffered.

Too early to think of offering likes of Antonnson and Downing permanent deals.  If we fail to go up then they haven't been good enough for us.  If we do go up, I doubt either is good enough for the Championship.

Would try and make one stonking signing who would make a big difference.  That for me would be a pacey winger with a real goal threat.

Happy New Year to all.  It should be as unless Mowbray gets it sadly wrong, we are certs for automatic promotion.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-peterborough-figure-confirms-2m-bids-launched-for-impressive-duo-leeds-united-linked/

I think we can forget about Maddison and Marriot from P'boro. £2m bids turned down for each.

Wow - I have mentioned him a couple of times but two mil is far too much for him - if he is worth that Dack must be a 5 mil player by now. 

2 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Forget Byrne he's failed here before. I'd take Kenny Mclean from Aberdeen, box to box type and good in possession. Available for free in the summer or we could pay 200k now. Capped by Scotland recently too so Mulgrew would be aware of him I imagine.

Good shout.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I’d like to see us strengthen from players that look good in our current division, graham Carey and Ellis Harrison were two I liked what I saw. Also please get somebody decent in for rb, nyambe is hopeless

He is the weakest link at the moment. Hope he improves but teams have been targeting him all season.

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-peterborough-figure-confirms-2m-bids-launched-for-impressive-duo-leeds-united-linked/

I think we can forget about Maddison and Marriot from P'boro. £2m bids turned down for each.

That’s probably  Barry Fry trying to get interest in them .

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gwoin Edwards from Peterbrough United is a pacey winger isnt? 

Nolan from Shrewsbury would be a good signing. 

I'd definitely prefer Jon Taylor from Rotherham over those two. Was there stand out player in the championship last season and is good at this level, still young enough to get better also. 

A few I'd like to see join us in January;

Right back - James Tavernier from Rangers. Wants to return to England. Interest from Sunderland. Rangers willing to listen to offers. 

Pacey winger - Jordan Jones from Kilmarnock. Much needed pace. 18 months left on contract. 

Defender - A long shot, but I'd be calling Steven Caulker's agent to see if he fancies a promotion, and a chance to become a mainstay of our Championship side. Released by QPR yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Butty said:

I'd definitely prefer Jon Taylor from Rotherham over those two. Was there stand out player in the championship last season and is good at this level, still young enough to get better also. 

Isnt Nolan a centre midfielder anyway? 

Werent we linked with Taylor before? He is a pacey winger?

I would like to see us sign Josh Morris for left wing. 

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Make your mind up.

Im suggesting potential signings. 

Maybe try it instead of complain..

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Caulkers got big gambling and alcohol problems.

Yes he has but he has talent. Just need the right manager to guide him..

Archived