• Backroom

Assuming the same injuries plus Antonsson and Graham:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Feeney

Dack

Samuel

Subs: Leutwilier, Hart, Evans, Rita, Sue, Bob Too, Tomlinson

Still a decent enough team given the mass of people unavailable, think the unbeaten run comes to an end here though sadly we looked extremely tired in parts yesterday 

2-1 to the home team 

45 minutes ago, Tom said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Still a decent enough team given the mass of people unavailable, think the unbeaten run comes to an end here though sadly we looked extremely tired in parts yesterday 

2-1 to the home team 

Too many Yorkshire people on that subs bench for my liking!

If Feeney available then surely he'd have been with Cardiff until Friday so too soon to start as no time to work on formation, probably bench for him.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are they missing anyone? It's that time of year where injuries can really come into play. 

I would start Graham if he is fit. Conway in for Antonnsson. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself at this stage. 

Graham doubtful, Conway ill

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Graham doubtful, Conway ill

I'd start Samuel, Graham on the bench if he's not 100 % fit. I can't see Feeney playing to be honest. 

Maybe

Raya

Caddis, Downing, Mulgrew, Williams

Nyambe, Smallwood, Evans, Bennett

Dack 

Samuel.( Graham ) 

or leave Nyambe at full back with Bennett and Whittingham out wide on the wings. I know Whittingham's been crap there before but we are where we are.

Mowbray said after the match that Graham could be available. Conway and Nuttall may be available.

Keefer Moore who is their top scorer, the big lump that played at Ewood and who caused us problems, is returning to Ipswich after playing his last game for Rotherham yesterday so that's a big relief. There's a few clubs L1 clubs rumoured to be in for him, hope we're one of them.

A win would be a great result. They're another in-form team. It would set up the Shrews game nicely if we were still within 3 points of them.

"2-1 to Rovers.

In isolation a point wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would mean only 1 win in 4 and most likely going from 1 point behind Shrewsbury to 5 points behind them within a couple of days. So fingers crossed we've got enough in the tank to go and nick a win. 

Moore is being recalled because Mick McCarthy wants to give him another chance to see if he can cut it in the Championship. The guy is 25 now so not exactly a youngster anymore. I read that Charlton were one of a few L1 clubs interested in him but I don't think MM will entertain a transfer right now.

All the other teams in the current top 6 have very winnable games tomorrow.

We must show high intensity, go for a win, see what happens, put it in the bag, oh and grass too and any other cliche.

Just win and get the New Year of to a good start.

In Danny Graham I trust, hope he's fit to lead the line tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

2-1 to the home team 

Good bench - maybe we should start the chant: "we're having a gang...." ?

In recent seasons Rotherham  seem to have spoilt the party at their place against us, especially the Best v Bowyer bustup a few seasons back? and despite us crossing the Pennines full of optimism we've often come away less than impressed with the sides performance in South Yorkshire.

But this season could be different, we're in decent shape, as long as the illness has subsided, and if we're fully fit I'm going for 1-3 Rovers.

How are ticket sales going? Could be a last minute buy in the home end for this one.

Ps - I once saw Lenny Johnrose score from the half way line at Millmore, about the only thing he  ever did!

43 minutes ago, Gav said:

In recent seasons Rotherham  seem to have spoilt the party at their place against us, especially the Best v Bowyer bustup a few seasons back? and despite us crossing the Pennines full of optimism we've often come away less than impressed with the sides performance in South Yorkshire.

But this season could be different, we're in decent shape, as long as the illness has subsided, and if we're fully fit I'm going for 1-3 Rovers.

How are ticket sales going? Could be a last minute buy in the home end for this one.

Ps - I once saw Lenny Johnrose score from the half way line at Millmore, about the only thing he  ever did!

Someone said 1,500 sold on close of Friday.

20 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I don't know how sales are going Gav, except that I got one after yesterday's game and it's on Row H. Rotherham are selling tickets in the away end tomorrow for a £2 supplement.

Don't think they sell in alphabetic order. Got mine a week ago on row Q.

11 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Someone said 1,500 sold on close of Friday.

Don't think they sell in alphabetic order. Got mine a week ago on row Q.

Very surprised we've not sold out, you expect as much due to the away support being outstanding so far this season.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Is there any public transport tomorrow? That will effect turnout.

There ar3 trains but it’s a bit of a pain as the line from Oxford Road to Piccadilly is shut so you have to get yourself from Victoria to Piccadilly.

I bought a ticket thinking I’d drive but forgetting I had let my son borrow my car for a party on The Wirral tonight. So I will be tangling with the train from Preston.

Happy New Year

A safe journey to the 1,000+ Rovers travelling to/from New York today.

Rotherham THE FORM team (W4 D1 L0) of the League at present- Wigan Shrewsbury and ourselves are currently W3 D2 L0 so something is going to give today.

Having said that, I'd rather be in our position- 3rd and without Graham, Antonson, Nuttall, Conway, Lenihan and Chapman- than Rotherham's 7th and just sent back the guy who has scored 15 of the team's 34 goals back to Ipswich permanently.

I am beginning to discount the complaints about quality of Rovers play for the very good reason that the fans are used to Premier and Championship football and want it back at Ewood.

We have drawn two in the last five.

Northampton because Conway missed an open goal and Antonson missed a penalty but otherwise stats suggest draw a fair result.

Scunthorpe because Raya missed two we have got used to seeing him stop and Bennett' s application of the Philipl school of hoofing a ball clear. The stats suggest we hammered them otherwise- so much for stats but...

I am not as worried as I would be if Dack or Mulgrew were unavailable but this is there to be won if Mowbray's head is in the right place.   

Archived