BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham V Rovers

Kamy100

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Shrewsbury game is taking on the importance of the Rovers v Plymouth  game in the 1970's. I hope it's as good with the same result.

I hope we aren't 2-0 down after half an hour:rolleyes:

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bringing on a centre back for a centre forward near the end of a game where you have a tight lead is standard. Mourinho often does it. If he left Graham on and they scored,people would be saying he should have brought on a defender with such little time remaining. 

You would say going to Wigan and playing for a point is inexcusable? You obviously haven't a clue about football. A-you don't know we did play for a point B-we went down to 10 men C-we were about 1/4 of the way into the season D-bar drawing a couple of games we should have won over Xmas,we could have passed Wigan. E- we could still very easily catch them.

You basically nullify your entire argument saying his decisions could cost us if it comes down to a point or two. I would class a point away to Wigan a good one. If we went there and lost and then missed out by a point,you would be saying we should have played for a draw at Wigan. I could go on,but won't bother. 

You mention Mourinho, well he had 3 draws over Christmas too, he must be an idiot too, just like Mowbary.

10 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

What ever decision or outcome the fact remains Rotherham were stronger team. Listening to radio Sheffield they would have taken a point at 3pm but felt 2 points lost at 440pm. 

The next game's always important in football so v Shrewsbury we'll need all 3 points to put a disappointing festive period behind us. I'm not concerned with the cup (venkys £) just want to get out of league 1. 

One disappoint for me was being told to F Off by a Rotherham security car park chap after I asked for best place to park. Poor hospitality coming from an official.

You should have reported him. I'm sure that the club would have expected him to be polite to paying visitors.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

And if we end up in the play offs you'll say 'we have a good chance of going up still no need to panic' 

Then if we bottle it and don't go up 'we were close this season we will go up next season, no need to panic'

Whilst it's not panic stations a team aiming for automatic promotion shouldn't drop 6 points from 12 we are far from out of the race but making it harder for ourselves 

Ex-flipping-actly.

It’s the same excusing all failure that took us from the PL to Div 3 and defended Kean (I kid you not) and Coyle, and to a lesser extent Bowyer, for far too long.

“Give em time FFS”.

5 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

I have said this before and will say it again. This all reminds me of last season.

TM came in and everyone felt like things had improved (me included). Except we didn't move up the table and got relegated. FACT.

That was not because of the improvement and the points we picked up. It was because of the points we threw away.

Now we have seen a great spell of wins where we should be in the top 2 by now. Except we have not moved up the table, the gap has opened back up and other teams have caught us up.

That is not because of the wins we have had. It is because of the wins we have thrown away. Same situation again.

The manager has to be blamed for Northampton. If he isn't happy with Antonnson taking the penalty, he gets his INSTRUCTION onto the pitch for someone else to take it. Poor leadership to allow that to happen.

I won't comment on his substitutions because I wasn't there but what I know is the points we have thrown away will be the reason we fail.

3rd and 6th are the same thing. 3 in 4 chance of failure = another new manager, massive cuts, accepting mid table 3rd division until we regress further and go down again.

We must be top 2 !!!!!!!!

Tony's next appraisal is end of January and so far it is looking like we will have wasted 2 months of the season and gone backwards not forwards.

I suppose Mowbary should have known Antonson was gonna miss too.  J H Christ.

4 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Lets say a team in the prem draws every game they play , the whole season UNBEATEN but they go down on 38pts. Would you as a fan be happy that your team is unbeaten?

But here's the thing, we have NOT drawn every game.  We won 6 on the bounce ffs.

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Plenty of my friends who support utd think he is anyway :)

At least ToMo isn't going around insulting club legends :)

Yeah any one who is 2nd in the prem and won the honours Mourinho has has to be a shit manager , you listen to Prawn butty brigade?  Talk about entitled fans.

20 minutes ago, Al said:

You should have reported him. I'm sure that the club would have expected him to be polite to paying visitors.

I got a bad reception from the one of the stewards when i was parking near the ground, i was a bit peed off with his attitude until a Rotherham supporter remarked that my Blue car with the reg plate of V* OWL  was not going down well with a few people ,took me a few secs to click on why....

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I won't care as long as it's 5-2 at full time.

17,000 on Ewood and one of the best atmospheres and matches I've seen on the old ground. 

Who is going to be the modern-day Mike Hickman? 

21 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I suppose Mowbary should have known Antonson was gonna miss too.  J H Christ.

Mowbray is responsible for team selection, substitutions,   tactics, game-management and motivation. 

But a manager cannot legislate for individual errors on the field in recent games such as Conway missing an open goal and Antonsson taking a weak penalty at Northampton or Bennett and Raya's faux pas against Scunthorpe. 

Those mistakes by the players have cost us 4 points. There's so many fine margins between success and failure in football but in the end the most successful teams are those that make the fewest errors. How much of that is down the manager? . 

44 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Yeah any one who is 2nd in the prem and won the honours Mourinho has has to be a shit manager , you listen to Prawn butty brigade?  Talk about entitled fans.

Did you read any of the posts prior to commenting? Nobody said Mourinho was shit before you did. I said he often brings on a centre half in place of a forward if defending a goal late in the game.  

As for being second in the premiership,with the money he has spent,he should be considerably closer to first. Anyway,different issue. 

• J*B unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, USABlue said:

But here's the thing, we have NOT drawn every game.  We won 6 on the bounce ffs.

your missing the point in that some fans using "Unbeaten" as if it means the same as won all games,

a team could theoretically go all season unbeaten and still be relegated.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Ex-flipping-actly.

It’s the same excusing all failure that took us from the PL to Div 3 and defended Kean (I kid you not) and Coyle, and to a lesser extent Bowyer, for far too long.

“Give em time FFS”.

Get behind the lads

Protesting does nothing for moral

We're about to turn a corner

we are outstanding on the training pitch

We dominated for most periods of the game

Who knows, when we had momentum in the second half, that might have got us a goal and the point we deserved

The balls were too bouncy

“We are not going to be able to invent 10 games where we can go on an unbeaten run because there are not enough games left.”

We've had monumental results this season, including back-to-back clean sheets

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Get behind the lads

Who knows, when we had momentum in the second half, that might have got us a goal and the point we deserved

“We are not going to be able to invent 10 games where we can go on an unbeaten run because there are not enough games left.”

Unreal that they are genuine quotes from a bloke paid by our beloved football club to run the team. :( 

3 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Get behind the lads

They need time  to gel

Shrewsbury will fall away

After a defeat - if we play like that every week, will win most of the games

WHEN we win our games in hand we are x amount behind them

The are still 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6 games to go....you lot panic too much.

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

They need time  to gel

Shrewsbury will fall away

After a defeat - if we play like that every week, will win most of the games

WHEN we win our games in hand we are x amount behind them

The are still 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6 games to go....you lot panic too much.

its a marathon not a sprint

no club has ever won the league at Xmas

other teams around us can't keep winning

we are in the play offs

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Did you read any of the posts prior to commenting? Nobody said Mourinho was shit before you did. I said he often brings on a centre half in place of a forward if defending a goal late in the game.  

As for being second in the premiership,with the money he has spent,he should be considerably closer to first. Anyway,different issue. 

Mourinho's not bringing Ward on though is he ?

Personally, I think third is fine for now, but that's a bigger debate.

I think TM, not for the first time, panicked a bit and made the decision to bring on Ward.  I was watching on TV but it was obvious it was the wrong move, and I would guess many at the game thought the same as some have mentioned.  The comparisons to Big Sam and Mourinho are incorrect in my view as if and when they do it it's effective. The problem with the substitution was the team lost shape, the players didn't seem to know where to be and we couldn't keep the ball, inviting them on and conceding what seemed to me at the time an inevitable goal.

TM has done this a few times, not always negatively, I remember thinking at the Doncaster home game what he was just putting on all the attacking players with them having a proper formation.  I don't know if he works on these plan Bs in training but it didn't look like it.  If I were him I'd be at least preparing a diamond formation for games where we want to bring on an extra striker and keep Dack on the pitch and maybe a 4-1-4-1 formation if we want to kill a game.

TM shouldn't be exempt from criticism as some would like but it should also be recognized we have taken12 from the last six games, 24 points from the last ten, and 27 from the last thirteen.  That's pretty good, hopefully with Lenihan and one or two additions in the second half of the season will get more points than the first.

Archived