BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Fa Cup game 6.1.17

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, philipl said:

I would have Smallwood on the bench but otherwise play the strongest side possible.

Really good benchmark of how we would do in the Championship. 

Hull won't be playing full-strength, either, and the underdog is normally more fired up for a cup match than a league match. Cup matches are a poor gauge for how well you'd do in the opposition's league.

18 hours ago, Roverthechimp said:

More interesting would be do we push for an equalizer if a goal behind with 10 minutes left? :blink:

Of course. We could get a money spinning round 4.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray seems happy to chuck the game so why risk Mulgrew if resting our other aces.

Throwing the game?? Nothing like going over the top is there. If he had put out 6 or 7 of the youth squad I would agree but they are all first team regulars with the exeption of two.

Tedious reactions to the lineup every week. Think that's a nicely balanced lineup considering our priorities, and surprised not to see one or two more youngsters in the first XI.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Was going to put a bet on us winning today, not anymore after looking at that team.

I get the whole not wanting to get injuries but if your going to start Mulgrew then why not start our in form player Dack, who is absolutely tearing it up at the moment?

I'm happy Dack isn't starting he is our only creative outlet at the moment and if he was to get injured I could see us struggling.

Also if Dack did start and had a good game it might lead to more interest from Championship clubs and end up with him leaving the club in this window.

Next weeks game is massive pick up 3 points and we are right in the mix for automatic promotion, lose and a big gap starts to appear

9 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Starting eleven would include Raya, Dack, Downing, Graham. Not Smallwood

I'd include them all and play our strongest side, we shouldn't piss our pants against Shrewsbury if Smallwood gets suspended. We should have enough about us regardless to worry them

20 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Tedious reactions to the lineup every week. Think that's a nicely balanced lineup considering our priorities, and surprised not to see one or two more youngsters in the first XI.

Agreed. Not sure that dropping Raya benefits us but at least it shows that our international “joker” is actually part of the squad.

Aside from that, a decent mix. Hoping that Tomlinson and Nuttall can stand out today.

Hopefully we can give a struggling Hull side a test.

5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I'd include them all and play our strongest side, we shouldn't piss our pants against Shrewsbury if Smallwood gets suspended. We should have enough about us regardless to worry them

Can't fault your logic re Smallwood.

For the rest there is a full week before Shrewsbury for recovery from any knocks, which are just as common in training anyway.

It seems fashionable now for even lower league teams, which we currently are, to play weakened teams in Cups and pretend that we have a squad capable to do it.

May well be a draw if Hull do the same.

Archived