BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Fa Cup game 6.1.17

3 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

I see you had Leutwiler playing for you today....I bet you conceded from a cross ball or corner. He's a poor keeper.

It's quite appalling for a keeper who preferred to come and sit on the bench at a proper football club than play first-team for a Cup minnow.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I suppose Lenihan is up with the worst too.

Nothing personal but when it comes to football I think a lot of what you talk is complete nonsense 

I won't lose sleep over islander!

i don't rate Lenihan. A run of the mill lower academy product. Definitely not a CB. Horrendous at marking so set pieces won't improve, not brilliant in a tackle, poor reading of the game. Though I'd give him a go in midfield over Evans.

He was part of a defence which shipped goals for fun and was relegated. Downing is far better and we lack an Andy Todd type to compliment Mulgrews lack of strength.

16 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Said it from day one Phil along with Jal over Nyambe. Simply not good enough.

I can respect your view on Nyambe, even if I disagree with it. Not saying he's fantastic at all, but I think he's OK, particularly for a youngster at our level. @JAL, however, clearly has other reasons.

25 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Sounds like he's done ok today without being tested to much. Christ Lowe had good games every now and then and many believe him to be pish.

one game wouldn't change my own mind about Nyambe, he's one of the worst players I've ever watched play for Blackburn.

Wow what do you watch? He's outstanding defensively but needs to work on the attacking side of his game.  He marked Diomande out of the game today at centre half. He's young and will only get better, it's bizarre the stick he gets on here.

15 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

No just Nyambe is terrible bar his pace he lacks every attribute to be a RB. He's a root cause every week of direct goals and mistakes. 

Tomlinson I've high hopes for but he's one of those always trying to take an extra touch, Wharton I think will be a player. 

You don't watch the games. You couldn't possibly know.

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nothing personal but when it comes to football I think a lot of what you talk is complete nonsense 

That's being kind.

Travis did really well when he came on, much better than the poor Tomlinson, don't know how he's not got a look in this season. Nyambe was motm, Mulgrew played well and so did Conway (well he tried). The rest were just awful and the first half was as bad as it gets.

16 minutes ago, STFC7-1 said:

I see you had Leutwiler playing for you today....I bet you conceded from a cross ball or corner. He's a poor keeper.

Only signed to get us postponements on International weeks.

His ability is irrelevant as Mowbray will never play him in a meaningful, to TM, game.

BBC report that we had just 1 shot on target. At home, ONE shot on target.

1 hour ago, renrag said:

Turning? It has long been a problem

Quite. That's at least six now - Southend, fleetwood, peterborough, northampton, Rotherham and hull of the top of my head. It could be the difference between promotion and staying down. 

Edit: 9 just thought of 3 more Crewe x2 and Scunthorpe. All pretty recently as well.  

Very disappointing game for those that paid to attend, had we been really trying I feel Hull were there for the taking and we really only put in any effort after Dack and Graham came on. Can't say today did anything much to dispel the notion we are a one man team. (Dack)

The reserve keeper, first time I've seen him, blimey, does he wear a pair of concrete boots which have been set into the goal line? Very poor on first impressions.

We could do with someone breaking into Ewood and setting fire to the contracts of Conway Bennett and Evans.

Conway: Superb right back for the opposition, whenever he gets the ball the ball in a dangerous position has to check back due to lack of pace and/or having no left foot and the chance is gone.

Bennett: Did he even touch the ball otber than to give it away?

Evans 32 minutes of nothingness then off injured. Fairly standard for him.

Graham: Good to see he is in such scintillating form and not missing simple chances to equalise

Samuel: What's happened to him? Has lost all his early season enthusiasm and looks like his boots are on the wrong feet.

Thought Caddis Nyambe Tomlinson and Travis did ok but why not play Wharton at CB instead of playing Nyambe out of position?

None of this will matter of course if we beat Shrewsbury and Fleetwood. Howevever I dont believe you can just turn form on and off like a tap or turn up when you feel like it so I will be very pleasantly surprised if that happens.

• Backroom

With Nyambe putting in a supposedly better show at cb, how about #MowbrayMeddles?

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew

Bennett  Smallwood  Tomlinson  Williams

Dack

Graham  Nuttall

56 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nyambe has had a decent game.Some people have just made their minds up about him no matter what he does, I take it your one of them?

I'm just saying what I saw. I went Barnsley away last season & was very impressed. He looked raw, but very athletic, thought he was going to kick on.

He looked calamitous today, just saying what I observed. I won't apologise for having an opinion.  I'm assuming your part of the 'Unless someone has the same opinion as me, their respective opinion is invalid' brigade?

Was a really poor performance, although not too bothered about the cup.

All we have going forward is Graham and Dack, and its worrying. Graham won everything when he came on, missed a sitter though. But pinned them back, and Dack was far more inventive. Bar them 2 and Chapman whose out for basically the season, we have nothing.

- Dominic Samuel, I know he was wide most of today, which was stupid in itself, but what do people see in him? (bar pace, which Feeney had and look where that got him) @chaddyrovers i know you rate him, what am I missing? And why is his terrible attitude overlooked whereas Grahams is critically analysed?

- Joe Nuttall, got a couple of goals to his credit but hes nowhere near ready. Offers nothing, needs to get a longer contract and to be loaned to League 2.

- Elliott Bennett, is he really offering anything bar hard work? 0 goals and very few assists, not good enough all season yet hides behind a hard worker tag. Hes a winger in a team chasing promotion, he needs to do something or he doesnt deserve a place.

Evans is a waste of space, and Nyambe returned to being a total liability albeit in the wrong position. And as others have said, do we not work on set pieces?

Travis has a worryingly similar run and hairstyle to Lowe but he put in a couple of tackles so my instant fear that wed got him back in the team sneakily was unfounded.

We need to sign at least 2 pacy attacking players, if we do sign Armstrong then its more depth but Graham and Dack are not the problem, its the galling lack of support. Conway tries and wins free kicks but his legs have packed in, Chapmans injured long term, Bennett isnt doing nearly enough, Antonssons injured and was hardly pulling up trees, there are 2 obvious places on either side that no one has claimed a place in, and we need new players in this week before trying to sign sub left backs.

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

I'm just saying what I saw. I went Barnsley away last season & was very impressed. He looked raw, but very athletic, thought he was going to kick on.

He looked calamitous today, just saying what I observed. I won't apologise for having an opinion.  I'm assuming your part of the 'Unless someone has the same opinion as me, their respective opinion is invalid' brigade?

No I say it as I see it and I'm not the only poster to comment on Nyambe having a good game today if you read the comments.He did have a good game today

1 hour ago, Tom said:

How was Nuttall?

He looked genuinely lazy last time I saw him which I just can't fathom for a lad his age 

Didn’t impress to be honest. There’s something not right about him at the minute. Not lazy but lethargic. In U23 games he’d have been using his strength a lot more. Maybe Championship defenders are not as easily bullied and he needs to improve that side of his game. Didn’t do a lot wrong, just didn’t really put himself about enough. Wasn’t a surprise to see him go off but he looked like he was chewing a wasp on the bench. So he was either not happy with himself or Mowbray. I’m not sure putting him back with the U23s will do a lot for his confidence and if we loan him out there is a danger we lose him. He’s a raw talent that we aren’t currently seeing the best of.

Nyambe really shone today and looked solid next to an oddly less than assured Mulgrew today. I think CBs need to work as pairs and chopping and changing them doesn’t help either player.

Williams at left back was poor and I can see why we are looking at alternatives. Missed a great chance again, hot on the heels of his world-class triple miss last time out.

Lewis Travis was an interesting one. I was expecting Caddis to go off when Lewis was stripping off on the touch line but he did very well in the centre of midfield. Lots of energy, happy to put a tackle in and generally up-and-at-em. A bit like Tomlinson when he first broke into the first team. Tomlinson today however huffed and puffed and didn’t really stand out.

We more than matched Hull and I thought they were very fortunate to get their goal. Fortunate in that we seem to be gifting an awful lot of goals from corners in the same fashion. Downing is certainly better at heading than Nyambe but then so is my nan.

Dack and Graham were really up for it when they came on and after that it was pretty much all Rovers. We really should have got at least one goal but they just got bodies behind the ball. The old charity BRFC has probably just helped to turn around another team’s season for them.

Almost 10,000 fans less than the number that attended on Boxing Day tells you that not many really thought this game was particularly important. Walking back up Bolton Road, I felt more pleased with the performance of a number of the lads than disappointment at the result. We certainly didn’t need a draw so a narrow defeat against the run of play, with loads of our first team out and a demonstration of the quality that we have was ok with me. Maybe not ok but definitely not a disaster.

About as good a 1-0 defeat as you could hope for. No pressure and a decent run out.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

No I say it as I see it and I'm not the only poster to comment on Nyambe having a good game today if you read the comments.He did have a good game today

You can think he had a good game, I don't. I'm not going to change my opinion because you and someone else say he did. I hope he improves and nails down a place.  Football divides opinions. We left on 60 minutes as my little lad was bloody freezing so he might have had a stormer after that..  What I saw though he and the rest really were 5/6 out of 10 at best. 

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

You can think he had a good game, I don't. I'm not going to change my opinion because you and someone else say he did. I hope he improves and nails down a place.  Football divides opinions. We left on 60 minutes as my little lad was bloody freezing so he might have had a stormer after that..  What I saw though he and the rest really were 5/6 out of 10 at best. 

I'm  not asking you to change your mind but he did have a good game today in my opinion and the stick he gets on here at times is ott. You didn't miss much in having to.leave early 

1 minute ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

Yes, you missed the best part of the game.

Archived