BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Fa Cup game 6.1.17

10 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Ex-leader for good reason by the way... what was it? 7%? And he just couldn't say that gays weren't sinners, nice guy.

To add on to your post, we've got Gav who has never been right in the history of anything, football or not, and who threatens to beat people up when they disagree with him, another nice guy.

Come on question of faith and morals some have them some not you can't deride someone because he doesn't believe in homosexuality 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Come on question of faith and morals some have them some not you can't deride someone because he doesn't believe in homosexuality 

I'm not going to get into a debate on this but I can think that someone isn't a nice guy because of what he believes in.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I'm not going to get into a debate on this but I can think that someone isn't a nice guy because of what he believes in.

Some people have different views I personally respect that despite what they may believe but you are right way off topic!

Was Evans injured again? If so get rid - a glue factory would be the only takers I suspect - waste of a wage. We need another midfield battler and a creative winger in asap.

Our strikers have reportedly all had bad games recently but the service from our midfield bar Dack sounds dire.  Need more make it happen type players.

Another thought is buy a good cb and move Mulgrew forward to offer more creativity and protection in midfield.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

If you thought Graham is lazy earlier this season, Samuel is the same, when it doesnt go his way he looks totally disinterested, he waves his arms around, doesnt show for the ball, hes hardly got a prolific record in his career, there are attributes there but pace isnt enough, Feeney had pace and was he at all useful? Target man or not a target man, especially when hes not prolific he needs to be able to hold the ball up, and he cant. 

Is there really a difference? Like i said, work rate/effort is not enough for a wide man in a team aiming for automatic promotion, no goals and very few assists have left our forwards feeding on scraps. I'm aware he works hard and thats all well and good but its not enough. What else bar work rate is he offering at the moment? He needs to start scoring or at least setting up more clear cut chances or he deserves to be dropped. But we have no wingers worthy of the name bar the injured Chapman. 

I thought he was an error waiting to happen but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he was played out of position and has improved lately.

A total change of formation would be senseless after a run of is it 24 points from 10 games. Main 2 urgent tweaks need to be training on defending set pieces, and some pace and creativity out wide.

I dont see Samuel being lazy at all. He gets very easy annoyed and Fraustrated. 

Samuel isnt a hold the ball up player just like many striker out..

Im happy with Bennett's performances. Just have agree to disagree.

Nyambe was our best player today from the starting 11. 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thats not a good trait to throw his toys out the pram.

As a lone striker you need to be able to retain the ball.

And fair enough i feel he needs to do much more to retain his place and we need 2 wingers asap.

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Samuel sulks. When he sulks he stops running. there were a couple of times in the  last 15 minutes where he should have done better. He is not a team player. If he grows up then there is potential he could become a good player.

Bennett puts a shift in every game. Sad to say though its 1 game in 10 he contributes something in an attacking sense. He is like Jason Lowe but on the wing. He drifts inside too much and that was before he moved to centre midfield before anyone suggests the position change.

Nyambe looked like he was playing in his true position yesterday. If someone could teach him how to head a ball then he could develop into a good centre half.

Mowbray would rather us be out of the Cup than have a chance at progressing via a replay. In fact, he wasn't bothered at all about progressing, which makes me puzzled at yesterday's relatively competitive and experienced lineup. Perhaps the gap between league matches helped.

If Mowbray wasn't bothered about progressing, it might have been a good idea to at least give more youngsters competitive first-team football yesterday (and forewarn attending supporters!).

The competition needs to evolve somehow. Replays are great for minnows who manage to get one against a giant, but I wonder if doing away with them would be a start. The cup competitions aren't what they used to be, thanks to the ever-increasing importance of league status - for both clubs and managers. I think the cup competitions will die on their arses, soon, unless the stakes somehow change.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:29, Gav said:

Mowbray out Farron in!

You heard it here first.

Who?

That said, after we roll over failing to put the sword to a Hull team who by all accounts were there for the taking and watching Shrewsbury take it to West Ham looking likre the best team on the day I fear for us next Saturday.  Mowbary just does not give me any confidence he can get things done he just doesn't.  Like him, enjoy listening to him talk football but something is just not getting on to the pitch.

Archived