BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

Posted this in Twitter earlier...a note from a Shrewsbury supporting colleague...

BTW….just in case Rovers fans were wondering how little ‘ol Shrewsbury are still above them in the table…

We’re over half way through the season, we’ve played 14 games at home in the 3 major comps. We’ve kept 11 clean sheets. We’ve only conceded 4 goals at home -  2 pens in a 3-2 win over Rochdale and an unfortunate own goal against Bradford. Which means that your very own Bradley Dack is the only visiting player to score against us at our place so far this season, from open play.

Bizarre isn’t it?

He has also shared that Shrewsbury are yet to concede more than two in a game this season...

”Hello...football fates...is that you ? Yeah, got a little job for you later this month...” ?

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mortgagehound said:

Dack at Rovers, Powell at Wigan and Nolan at Shrews are all targets for big clubs in this transfer window........everyone except Loots

Mortgagehound created Blackburn game thread on blue and amber so this is another one

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

They do seem quite bitter about 'Loots'. Probably not had many internationals down there on the Welsh border.

Not bitter, but delighted to see the back of him. Noted that he isn’t getting a kick at Ewood

S8 & Blue here, I’ve only just joined up today and thought it would be normal to have other fans pop in?

He’s only trying to create a bit of niggle, it’s fun.

Really though, I’m babbling myself about this game, it’s huge for us.

Every single time in recent history we’ve cracked in the big ones, hopefully we’ve turned a corner on this.

We really need a positive result here, but a draw wouldn’t be too bad.

Surprise package or not, they are there on merit and certainly have my respect.

Really, though we should both be focusing on catching Wigan.

So many people have them winning at a canter and I just don’t buy it.

Hell of a lot of games still to play.

In terms of bants, it’s all good fun, we know our place now.

Try not to be too gobby or offensive when you come on a Rovers board and I’m sure we’ll all get along fine.

Everyone wants to get promoted, so best of luck for the game, and may the best team win.

23 minutes ago, Fred in his Shed said:

I actually feel even sorrier for you all now than I did.

Knocking on 50 years ago and still your biggest achievement. ??????

I hope at least one of you that have signed up actually went to that match.

Have we been invaded ?

Fair play if so I don't think that's ever happened on here before aside from odd lone visitors. Proper clubs and fans in this league.

Tense game this I reckon with honours ending even, said a few days ago I was worried TM might adopt a lets hold on to third place mentality now so i'm not expecting the open game some might be. I pray we get some attacking flair in soon and go on the front foot from the beginning of games.

Rovers 2   Shrews  2

To be fair, if it wasn’t for the fact it’s affecting Blackburn I’d be all for shrews continuing their form, without meaning to sound patronising it’s a massive achievement for a club of that size to be where they are and playing the football they are, very impressed with their whole set up. If I could choose I’d have us and them go up however I don’t see Wigan slowing so for our gain I need them to slip up

Anyone remember that game they came and beat us one nil on a freezing cold snowy night at Ewood ?

Think we were going ok under MacKay and expected a routine win but one of theirs possibly a defender scored a pile driver from 30 yards or so.

1 hour ago, Fred in his Shed said:

I was watching Rovers ressies at Ewood that day, in the days when score updates were put on those old ABCDEFG type scoreboards....most people assumed that it was an error until word went round that Roger Jones had gone off. 

This back in September brought all the memories flooding back...

2C6CF523-4619-489F-80EE-B3FDD11A17A8.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I actually feel even sorrier for you all now than I did.

Knocking on 50 years ago and still your biggest achievement. ??????

I hope at least one of you that have signed up actually went to that match.

We were both there lol. Two wide eyed 10 yr olds.  God bless old Alf Wood with five goals. Sadly suffering from dementia now and does not remember playing for shrewsbury.

When your a little club these days stick in the mind

Archived