BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, STFC7-1 said:

Lets get this straight, it is a big game for Blackburn Rovers, a must win as you are 5 points behind and I can see this board going into meltdown if we win........for us it is just the next game all the remaining games are important

We will have about a 1000 which wont be bad considering we have the cost of a trip to West Ham to consider next Tuesday as well.

Even your own fans disagree with you. This is a MASSIVE game for you, and us.

'this is the biggest game of the season so far.  If you can only get to one of them forget West Ham, this is a far bigger game. If we win this it will be massive'

'Massive massive game that is of such importance'

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96092/blackburn-roll-call#ixzz53rUWrH2t

I don't see your name on the 'roll call' @STFC7-1? I'm surprised. Your team could really do with a few more followers.

#madbantz

Whether or not we used to get ridiculed we are still massive in comparison to "once beat the giant Rovers in the 70s sometimes" Shrewsbury. :rolleyes:

I think they are just jealous they have never had an Uncle Jack. Legend of a man that put his beloved town and club before anything and gave us what all fans in England desire. Meanwhile they have been kicking it with the big guns of conference football while we had away days in Salzburg B)

But they did beat us 7-1 once...

10 hours ago, JacknOry said:

So do we start Armstrong or bring him on from the bench? I think we have little choice but to start him with Antonssons injury.

That's the tricky one as the way we play always calls out for an impact sub second half but i'd like to get after them from the off but that's not a classic ToMo tactic and he doesn't seem to like starting all the attacking big guns at once, within reason obviously.

Graham, Dack, Samuel and now Stretch, come on we should be having a right go at this lot !  Just a pity there isn't a real flying winger in there as well.

On paper with a bang in form Dack, coming into form Danny Graham, post-illness Samuel and newly arrived fresh Armstrong we should be able to cause all sorts of problems for anyone in this league. If we manage to get Antonsson and Chapman back in the not too distant future then something is going wrong If that bunch can't do the business to deliver top 2.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

On paper with a bang in form Dack, coming into form Danny Graham, post-illness Samuel and newly arrived fresh Armstrong we should be able to cause all sorts of problems for anyone in this league. If we manage to get Antonsson and Chapman back in the not too distant future then something is going wrong If that bunch can't do the business to deliver top 2.

Ya, Saturday is so huge though. It might be too late when we get them back if we are too far adrift.

Really looking forward to Saturday now. New heroes can be made 

Antonsson, Whittingham, Evans all out of this one. All injured. 

Chapman, Gladwin and Lenihan out. 

So my team for this would be:-

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Travis Smallwood Conway

Dack

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Wharton Caddis Nuttall Samuel Armstrong Tomlinson.

Here what Mowbray might do with the injuries we got

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Downing

Travis Smallwood Bennett Williams

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Not saying i would yet but wouldnt surprise if we went this way

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Antonsson, Whittingham, Evans all out of this one. All injured. 

Chapman, Gladwin and Lenihan out. 

So my team for this would be:-

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Travis Smallwood Conway

Dack

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Wharton Caddis Nuttall Samuel Armstrong Tomlinson.

Here what Mowbray might do with the injuries we got

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Downing

Travis Smallwood Bennett Williams

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Not saying i would yet but wouldnt surprise

He might even put Dack in midfield and play two up top. Dack primarily played CM for the Gils.

I'm not too sure if it is down to this weeks signings, but the bookies had Shrewsbury at just over 3/1 to win, but the are now out to 4/1. Obviously they don't fancy them, so lets hope they have it right.

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

'Blackburn don't find winning games as easy these days, without a Sugar Daddy owner. They've found their true level now, and will be put to the sword at the weekend'

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96074/blackburn-fans-starting-get-concerned#ixzz53rRnxZdq

I hope we smash 'em, and as rudely as possible.

Another clown fan dismisses us and probably bought into " the Rovers bought the title" bull peddled by the main stream media at the time 

8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

'Massive massive game that is of such importance'

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/96092/blackburn-roll-call#ixzz53rUWrH2t

I don't see your name on the 'roll call' @STFC7-1? I'm surprised. Your team could really do with a few more followers.

#madbantz

He is coming with me and uses a different username on B& A. 

We have sold out the initial 850 allocation with 400 more tickets arriving in the morning and with those paying on the day I think we will have between 1200 to 1500 at Ewood.

I know it's awkward what with half STs kicking in but I wish the club could have done sort of ticket deal for this it's the perfect game and perfect time of year to help people out a bit who might want to come but are budgeting.

Even if it was only one section of the ground like the BBE lower it could have made a big difference to get 13/14k home fans on.

New CEO needs to get his thinking cap on asap and sod Cheston and co in the second half of the season, all out drive for promotion. I think Bolton did it several times over the course of last season.

Took me all of 2 minutes to read that thread of one page and one post on page two.

Harping on about our last FA Cup win in 1928 but purposely skipping over our fairly recent League Cup win over Tottenham. We are at our true level apparently too - how many times have you heard that despite being the 12th most successful club of all time in England and this being just our 7th season since we were established in 1875 outside of the top two divisions.

Archived