BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you've been playing pro football from the age of let's say 18 you're not exactly in your prime unless you've been very lucky with injuries. We've got too many on the books that struggle to play 90 minutes most weeks.

We actually haven't hat many over 30S in the starting 11. Conway,whittingham and Graham when he starts is all 

You need experience 

16 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No one here will melt down regardless. Survived 7 years of Venkys already. This season is our turning point. 

Really? This board goes in to a meltdown on a regular basis.

We’ve all seen plenty of big games, in context much bigger than Shrewsbury. This is a very big game, in terms of getting out of this league, for Rovers. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t win, possibly angry if we fail to perform and get beaten.

I can guarantee if it’s going badly during the match, let alone after the game, BRFCS.com will be melting and calling for Mowbray’s head - happens every week. 

7 hours ago, Fred in his Shed said:

He is coming with me and uses a different username on B& A. 

We have sold out the initial 850 allocation with 400 more tickets arriving in the morning and with those paying on the day I think we will have between 1200 to 1500 at Ewood.

1,200+ Shrews will be a good show!

I hope Budgetman Cheston orders enough pies.

This article quoting Mowbray extensively indicates Armstrong is likely to be used out wide. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15823196.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_still_on_the_look_out_for__players_with_a_bit_of_something_different_and_creativity_/

Rovers brought in Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle United this week, while Paul Downing’s loan move from MK Dons has been made permanent.

And Mowbray, who believes 20-year-old Armstrong can provide a spark in the final third, is still keen on a replacement for injured Middlesbrough winger Harry Chapman.

“We’re looking, we have enquiries in at a few clubs,” Mowbray said of his transfer pursuits. “I think Adam can do what Chapman can do to be honest but we’re still looking for other footballers with a bit of something different and some creativity

“For me it’s about having options. Some days we can play the Bennetts and the Conways and on others a Chapman and an Armstrong depending on the opposition and how you see the game going. It’s about having as many good players covering as many areas of the pitch

Adam can play right down the middle, just underneath, off the left, off the right but what I do know is that he wants to score goals

He travels with the ball, beats men, creates his own chances and for others."

I would say those quotes indicates the formation below. I think it's a waste personally to be playing two defensive midfielders and only one striker up top. But seems likely that is what we will be doing.

------------------------------Raya

Nyambe----Downing--------Mulgrew----WIlliams

--------------Smallwood-------Tomlinson

Bennett-------------------Dack-----------------Armstrong

------------------------------Graham

I am going to the game i live in shrewsbury (rovers fan since 1989) tell you from most people i know they are looking forward to the game and also keep saying the expect the shrewsbury run to end which i cant see but i hope it does :) just wondering if their any good bars/food places to vist as i am staying over in blackburn

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

This article quoting Mowbray extensively indicates Armstrong is likely to be used out wide. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15823196.Rovers_boss_Tony_Mowbray_still_on_the_look_out_for__players_with_a_bit_of_something_different_and_creativity_/

I would say those quotes indicates the formation below. I think it's a waste personally to be playing two defensive midfielders and only one striker up top. But seems likely that is what we will be doing.

------------------------------Raya

Nyambe----Downing--------Mulgrew----WIlliams

--------------Smallwood-------Tomlinson

Bennett-------------------Dack-----------------Armstrong

------------------------------Graham

I can see that being our line up. 

There' a line in the article below saying that Dack's goal away at Shrewsbury earlier in the season is the only goal they have conceded from open play all season.  Surely thats incorrect?  Very imprestive if true.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15823197._It_gave_me_the_confidence_to_go_on____Shrewsbury_strike_a_big_moment_for_Rovers_attacker_Bradley_Dack/?ref=mac

''Dack’s strike is the only goal from open play that Shrewsbury have conceded in the league all season. ''

32 minutes ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

There' a line in the areicle below saying that Dack's goal away at Shrewsbury earlier in the season is the only goal they have conceded from open play all season.  Surely thats incorrect?  Very imprestive if true.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15823197._It_gave_me_the_confidence_to_go_on____Shrewsbury_strike_a_big_moment_for_Rovers_attacker_Bradley_Dack/?ref=mac

''Dack’s strike is the only goal from open play that Shrewsbury have conceded in the league all season. ''

So what,we only concede from set pieces too :P

My main worry tomorrow is Mowbray , he has to get a proper performance out of his charges !!

For someone , who does not know his best   team and worries about the opposition , it will be alien to him !!

5 or 10 minutes in each half will not be enough ..,.

1 hour ago, Roboftherovers82 said:

I am going to the game i live in shrewsbury (rovers fan since 1989) tell you from most people i know they are looking forward to the game and also keep saying the expect the shrewsbury run to end which i cant see but i hope it does :) just wondering if their any good bars/food places to vist as i am staying over in blackburn

In Blackburn, bars? No, food places yes near the train station their are a few new eateries which are good, but no decent bars. Darwen if you want a few beers.

7 minutes ago, AAK said:

In Blackburn, bars? No, food places yes near the train station their are a few new eateries which are good, but no decent bars. Darwen if you want a few beers.

That's a disservice to Blackburn. There's quite a nice little walk to Ewood with a few pubs on the way. Granted not as many as years gone by.

If you want to stay around the ground the Fox & Hounds seems to be the sole survivor otherwise getting the train from Blackburn to Cherry Tree and walking that way will make a good journey. There's 4/5 pubs down that route always fairly full on match days, even now.

1 hour ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

There' a line in the areicle below saying that Dack's goal away at Shrewsbury earlier in the season is the only goal they have conceded from open play all season.  Surely thats incorrect?  Very imprestive if true.

Conceeded at Shrewsbury:

V Rovers 1-1, Dack

V Rochdale 3-2, 2 penalties

V Bradford 0-1, 1og

More importantly for tomorrow their away record is most impressive.

But I do believe their time is up, starting at 3 pm tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

My main worry tomorrow is Mowbray , he has to get a proper performance out of his charges !!

For someone , who does not know his best   team and worries about the opposition , it will be alien to him !!

5 or 10 minutes in each half will not be enough ..,.

I agree with this. If we actually score first I expect us to be on the back foot for the remainder of the game. As we have seen many times it's a dangerous game to play given our propensity to concede from balls into our box. I would really love Mowbray to get us about them from the first whistle and go for goals but I am expecting another conservative performance with Mowbray putting the emphasis on not losing.

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

That's a disservice to Blackburn. There's quite a nice little walk to Ewood with a few pubs on the way. Granted not as many as years gone by.

If you want to stay around the ground the Fox & Hounds seems to be the sole survivor otherwise getting the train from Blackburn to Cherry Tree and walking that way will make a good journey. There's 4/5 pubs down that route always fairly full on match days, even now.

There's literally no pubs if going from town centre to Ewood now is there mate? Infirmary and Aqueduct both gone, first one is fox and hounds, unless you go witton way I suppose that a nice little route. In the town centre they've a couple of them micro bars which are decent, but not much else. There's loads in Darwen, mate. When they do up the Northgate part of town, Blackburn will probably have a lot more bars.

Archived