BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Fair enough. You've done your time. 

Yep, I think so. Matches on nice, dry warm days are a different matter.

I spent years traveling from Oxford, Sheffield and Birmingham to the vast majority of home matches, few of which were in the Premiership. :)

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Looks like Dack partnering Smallwood in 4-4-2.  Attacking line up IMO. 

Maybe Bennett has been dropped into centre mid and Samuel will start wide right, that wouldn't surprise me. Dont care how we set up I just bloody hope we win today at all costs. COYB

Just now, clarkycan said:

ROVERS: Raya, Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew (c), Williams, Smallwood, Bennett, Conway, Dack, Samuel, Graham.

SUBSTITUTES: Leutwiler, Ward, Caddis, Armstrong, Tomlinson, Nuttall, Travis.

Well I didn't see that coming. It'll  either be a master stroke were we play them off the park or a disaster were we get over run in midfield. I would gave gone with the formation we've been playing with Tomlinson in midfield and Armstrong in Antonnson's role on the left. Dack behind Graham and Conway on the bench.

It's a brave line up the manager has chosen let's hope it works.

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Maybe Bennett has been dropped into centre mid and Samuel will start wide right, that wouldn't surprise me. Dont care how we set up I just bloody hope we win today at all costs. COYB

When I saw the lineup. I thought it would be Bennett next to Smallwood and Samuel out wide.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Of course it’s not strictly true, it’s my opinion.

8 points is a massive gap at this stage of the season. We would be relying on a total capitulation by either Wigan or Shrewsbury. Just don’t see it happening.

Today is a must win for me. Anything else and we are fighting for a play-off final place.

It's a must win game today for me too but the fact is we have already pulled back an apparently insurmountable points deficit on the top 2.

We'd walk to the top if we actually started playing well consistently and could defend set plays.

Just now, Preben said:

Strange how views differ, I think that's a decent line up.

Smallwood, Dack, Bennett and Samuel chasing to get possession back ......

I agree that it's a decent line up. You've got to hope that Samuel is up for it today. If he isn't, he won't be chasing anything.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Exactly the reason the atmosphere is dire. 

Nonsense

The worst part of our home matches is "fans" whinging and moaning, criticising at every opportunity, exactly when the team needs encouragement, drives me nuts.

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I agree that it's a decent line up. You've got to hope that Samuel is up for it today. If he isn't, he won't be chasing anything.

Get him angry, he's easily lost his composure with all this chop and change dropping and selected policy of Mowbray. 

Kid needs a good game now and a run in the side, maybe Armstrong might push him.

Just now, Preben said:

Nonsense

The worst part of our home matches is "fans" whinging and moaning, criticising at every opportunity, exactly when the team needs encouragement, drives me nuts.

Getting behind the lads no? Certainly our away fans rank highly with atmosphere and I know a few boycotting who'd be very loud in the bburn end. Shame

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Getting behind the lads no? Certainly our away fans rank highly with atmosphere and I know a few boycotting who'd be very loud in the bburn end. Shame

Yep, away matches, as ever are terrific

Just now, JacknOry said:

We so need an out and out winger, it might be a 442 but it is going to be a pretty narrow one.

442 when in possession and 451 when not?

We must match their intensity.

Nerves have already started and will double at every corner and wide free kick they get

Just now, Preben said:

442 when in possession and 451 when not?

We must match their intensity.

Nerves have already started and will double at every corner and wide free kick they get

Guess so - we can only wee with the willy we got so I hope they find a way to break this lot down. Think they will come for a draw personally.

Archived