BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conway and Bennett have been tremendous for us today so far. As someone else mentioned above, Bennett has looked better than any other midfielder we've had so far this season (bar Smallwood)

Samuel has been quiet on the right wing, and I would expect Armstrong to come on for him in the second half.

Raya's decision making is fairly poor. He's cost us a few goals now this season and that has to be a bit of a worry. 

Overall we were very much on top and looking good until the penalty. We can go on and win this if the team keep believing... Armstrong to come on and score the winner!

I still think we have one or two more goal left in the locker.

For the first 30 mins we looked solid. Downing and Mulgrew hacked away almost every ball. Graham was holding the ball well up front, and linking play. Bennett and Conway worked extremely hard, putting in tackles and stopping any kind of play from Shrews.

Hopefully we see Armstrong on for Samuel on the right, taking on their left back (who's on a yellow?).

We had a good week to prepare, if we keep the momentum and energy for the 2nd half, we can win it still.

Dack hasn't score, so there's a chance!

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Lacks stature and physical presence for me. Said before the season he'd cost is quite a few goals this year

As I said, the issue is a 'mental' one for me and one of confidence. He does lack stature and physical presence, I agree. That said, if properly coached and managed, for me Raya has all the other attributes to be worth a fortune. The fact is the club and Raya's 'advisors' clearly don't see his potential nor the needs to work on them.

I personally don't believe in a goalkeeping coach unless you're Man City, United, Chelsea or Arsenal: WTF we have one who's never played in goal, you tell me...

• Backroom

Honestly think the game turned on the second yellow that wasn't given; around that time they came into it.

Play our game and not the ref and we can win this 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Classic mobray. 1 up, sit back and invite prsssure. Shit goalkeeping mind. Their left back should be on his 5th yellow by now. 

I hope that's not the case blueboy. If so there's only one end result.

Forget the opposition, just man up ffs.

Archived