BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Great win against a team who were big and strong but didn't have a clue how to play football.

Bennett and Nyambe were immense in their roles.

Hope those Shrews fans keeping hold of the ball at 1-1 have a nice trip home 

Loved the formation today with a 4/3/3 today, with Dack the tip of a triangle midfield. 

Bennett with his best game of the season in the second half in centre mid with Ritchie.

Armstrong looks quick as hell, Nyambe coming on the last month or so, wish he had move confidence to shoot.

Great win, starting to play some nice stuff now, and we look reasonably solid at the back. Tony doing the business.

Our best performance of the season by some margin. If we play like that every week we will go up as champions. At last we've found our best formation.

A thoroughly good team performance, not perfect, it never will be. If anyone wants to criticise today's efforts I suggest it says more about them than the team.

A special mention for our much maligned, on here, right full back the critics don't know what they are doing, just look at their other posts :D

Well done to all concerned, seemed a great atmosphere too, onwards and upwards

16 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

How did Armstrong do if I may ask? 

With Bell coming in, Lenihan we are starting to look like having a really serious squad. Just need a back winger or playmaker and I will be happy iwth everything. Dream come true is if we can ship out Ward! :)

Armstrong did ok, could have scored with a free shot from around the penaltyarea after lay off from Samuel. Showed some good pace, and nice thouches/passes. Not sure If he can play up front alone in our system.

Just now, Josh said:

Charlie is the 7th leading goal scorer for league one, whether most of those are set-pieces is irrelevant, for a centre half that’s spectacular 

Very true handy at this level but go up we need to take the money. Too slow and not strong enough in the championship. 1/2 games missed last year, I'd get what I can out of him this year and move on in the summer.

• Backroom

Didn't see what started it and people throwing stuff is idiotic but their keeper needs reporting; the force that he threw things back into the stand was shocking, could have hit a kid

Just now, Tom said:

Didn't see what started it and people throwing stuff is idiotic but their keeper needs reporting; the force that he threw things back into the stand was shocking, could have hit a kid

Good might teach one or two. There is no place in this game for it, few tried it away. Good on the goalie

Best home game in last 5 years for me.  It had everything:

crap ref and linesman at blackburn end.

disallowed goal.

3 great goals for us.

energy.

Shouted myself hoarse.

Much needed win.

coyb 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Very true handy at this level but go up we need to take the money. Too slow and not strong enough in the championship. 1/2 games missed last year, I'd get what I can out of him this year and move on in the summer.

After a performance like that, yawn, ffs

Scotland have climbed the table to 32nd, just behind Iran :D

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/

A true Rodney if ever I saw one :D

Just now, Preben said:

After a performance like that, yawn, ffs

Scotland have climbed the table to 32nd, just behind Iran :D

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/men/

A true Rodney if ever I saw one :D

Remind me of our goals shipped record last year? Not difficult to shine at this year. Technically like most Scots good but age and injury wise I'd be strategic and let go unless DM is an option 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Yes but how many games has he missed in a more physical league? Get a life mate. Quality Championship player

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Remind me of our goals shipped record last year? Not difficult to shine at this year. Technically like most Scots good but age and injury wise I'd be strategic and let go unless DM is an option 

OK Rodders :D

I took you off ignore at Christmas but you might have to go back on, if I want tripe I go to the butchers :D Have a good night, enjoy the win

Archived