BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

Just now, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Yes but how many games has he missed in a more physical league? Get a life mate. Quality Championship player

Technically as I've said very good but a league higher with strength and pace in ambundance since we were there last time in which he hardly shone? 

Ok mate ?

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
5 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Good might teach one or two. There is no place in this game for it, few tried it away. Good on the goalie

Did you see the incident? He should be banned you can't react like that, also whoever has been seen throwing from the stand needs a ban as well

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This.  He was excellent all game. His style really suits that role. He was snapping at their players all game. 

And his passing was excellent, he started many of our attacks, if not simply giving it to Dack (who again was excellent) then finding a winger, round a corner. 

Smallwood and Dack are big players for us. I have confidence TM will find more of these individuals to really make us unbeatable in this league.

Genuinely buzzing tonight.

Great result today and seemed a few more on Ewood also.

Special mentions for Graham, Dack, Bennett, Smallwood, Mulgrew and I also like the look of Armstrong.

Thought Conway played well today. looks like he and Graham have lost a few pounds.

Could easily have been one or two up in the first ten minutes.

Well done Blues, lets build on this good performance.

Just now, funny-old-game said:

Don't tell Revidgeblue, he'll have a meltdown.

Nice to see the team hunt in packs, just how it should be!

Unfortunately missed the game today due to a combination of working until 9a.m. this morning and starting with the lurgy . Absolutely gutted about that but absolutely made up with the result.

Strange how everyone claims how Bennett's brilliant when I'm not there and when I am there he barely lifts a finger.:huh:

Nevertheless if he can do a good job in central midfield it kills two birds with one stone. It gets him off the wing where he's useless and gives us more in central midfield where apart from Smallwood we've been a bit lacking this season.

Well done Tony and the lads. Game well and truly on.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Great win but we move on, more fish to fry. Means 3 points that's it. Got to replicate it over the foreseeable and have a steeled mind set

Ho hum no big deal then, why do I feel had.we.lost.the 3 points would have been massive, apocalyptic like.

Terrific performance. Mulgrew, Dack and Graham are the 3 players we have that are a class above the division.

Bennett and Smallwood were like bloodhounds and set the tone, we always play so much better when we are on the front foot, pressing, aggressive, good to watch too.

Nyambe has improved in recent weeks and was good again today too, Conway was part of our pressing and worked hard too even though his sole intention is to win fouls when he gets it.

Raya again a bit of a liability at times, Downing had one or two shaky moments, Williams with one horrendous backpass and Samuel is clearly not a winger, his anticipation was poor but he did work hard to be fair to him today and he did win a couple of crucial fouls of course.

Think we still need a couple of quick wingers in this week still, Bennett looked at home in the centre with both his engine and some decent passing, with him and Smallwood in there and Dack off Graham there are two vacanies either side. 

Keep up those levels and we should not only go up automatically (Shrewsbury are a limited team) but challenge Wigan.

I've been waiting since August for that performance when finally we had eight or nine players really at it. I was worried pre match that we might succumb to Shrewsbury's physicality but we went toe to toe with them and aside from a ten minute spell after they scored were massively better. Credit to Mowbray for his game plan too. It felt great coming home after such a good performance and hearing the other results was the icing on the cake.

The challenge now is to perform like that every game now.

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

I thought we would bottle it but instead we dominated them.. If they are second then this league is piss poor as apart from a penalty they were shocking 

I did too.  No more so than after they got to keep on a man who should have walked and then were gifted a penalty.

I have complained all season about our mentality, not being strong enough.  Today they proved me wrong.  Playing against 12 and after those two events our heads could have dropped but we rolled up our sleeves and stuck it to em.  Proud of the lads today, today I feel good about my team again.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Elliott Bennett my MOM, screw Evans and Whittingham, he suits the role next to Richie.

Rev, what did you make of him, waste of space, worst player on the pitch?  Commentators thought he suited his role today.  What'd you think.

1 minute ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The standard has been set for EVERY game from now until Promotion.

NO excuses NO let up.

:brfc:

Mowbray should be telling the players this. They showed what they were capable of today. 

• Backroom
Just now, perthblue02 said:

Not sure about our penalty, more of a penalty than theirs but really probably neither were. Seems petty to mention the free kick for the first, if anything the only debate was yellow or red, I think Samuel was clever with it but obviously a foul.

Get in! Great result. Fully deserved victory. If we play like that each week we'll go up automatically, the bar has been set now.

There were plenty of very good performances, but special mention to Mulgrew for a great free kick and penalty, Dack for a perfectly weighted ball to Samuel to win the free kick for our first and a great effort which hit the post for our 2nd, and Bennett - I've been critical of him this season but he was impressive today and looks so much better in the middle, he should make that place next to Smallwood his own as others have said.

Samuel has been poor lately but fair play to him today, playing out of position but still won the free kick for our first, won the penalty for our third, and did other decent bits too like the pull back when Armstrong almost scored. 

Loved Nyambe's Roulette at the end B)

Archived