BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

Twas a belter everything I hoped it would be but feared it wouldn't.

Big guns stepped up today and the quality told once we matched their workrate and first goal was crucial. How many centre backs stroke home long range free kicks and penalties in any league in this country never mind the third tier ? :D

Massive win but the second half of the season hard work has only just started no peaking in this one we need more. Couple more smart signings will help the cause and if anything stops Shrewsbury it's likely to be fatigue along with injuries and suspensions whereas we should be able to cope with a few more bods in.

PS forget signing Lowe, forget Whittingham, Bennett is the man for that berth he doesn't half up the tempo instead of the others who slow it down ALL the time.

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reads like a good win for the Rovers. Wigan and Scunny not winning either makes for a good Saturday. I watched Shrewsbury in the cup last week and they looked like a decent side so taht gives me some idea as to what Rovers can offer. 

Further good news in that Burnley have no wins in 7, and with Man U next it's highly likely to be 0 in 8. 

11 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That's some statement considering the quality of goalkeeper gamst faced. 

I was going to add the keepers in this league are pretty poor on the whole and they aren't used to facing that quality either. Still great technique on Mulgrew though.

I thought the spine of the team - Mulgrew - Bennett - Graham - was outstanding today.  Three experienced players at the top of their game and looked a class above anything that Shrewsbury could offer.  A thoroughly deserved win and one which, at last, saw us stamp our authority on the opposition.  The only downside was another appalling performance from the referee.

One more point. Joe Nuttall who hasn't been mentioned yet came on and looked 100% better than of previous. He won headers and took the ball off the opposition several times.

The ref was as bad as (but not worse than) the ref versus Crewe Alex in the cup.

I thought the Shrews were a well organised side and showed why they are up there. A good team along with Scunthorpe.

Great to be at a rocking Ewood again.  Keep playing like that and we will be champions.

What was with all the trouble after the game? Shrewsbury fans and their own media giving us a right bad name on twitter, advising other clubs fans not to go to Ewood and saying our fans are a disgrace and looking for fights????? Saw a bit a of a scrap outside Darwen End

Just now, AAK said:

Shrewsbury fans and their own media giving us a right bad name on twitter, advising other clubs fans not to go to Ewood and saying our fans are a disgrace and looking for fights?????

got any links?

It got a bit heated at the Darwen End near the end of the game, fans from each side congregating at the bottom of the stand giving the verbals to each other.

Handbags when they came that night in the cup a few years ago allegedly a few Shrews tried to bite off more than they could chew.  Maybe they had revenge in mind or something today, who do they think they are Bolton  :lol:

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Handbags when they came that night in the cup a few years ago allegedly a few Shrews tried to bite off more than they could chew.  Maybe they had revenge in mind or something today, who do they think they are Bolton  :lol:

Shrowsbury, Shrowsbury, ra ra ra!!! 

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

See my earlier reply above. He might suit playing in the centre much more than out wide if he can perform medium to long term a lot more consistently than he has done since he's been at the Club.

If he can happy days.

I did see it, I think you were there and just can't nring yourself to admit he did well.  (kidding)

43 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

got any links?

It got a bit heated at the Darwen End near the end of the game, fans from each side congregating at the bottom of the stand giving the verbals to each other.

For some reason some of the others have gone, maybe they were getting grief or summet, one of them said;

Didn’t deserve that, officials were pathetic for both teams but at least @shrewsweb fans don’t throw shit at away players and fans hey @deanhenderson! Wouldn’t advice away fans for an away trip to Blackburn either ??????⚽️

and someone saying they had blackburn fans throwing cones at them after shrewsbury were mouthing off.

10 minutes ago, AAK said:

For some reason some of the others have gone, maybe they were getting grief or summet, one of them said;

Didn’t deserve that, officials were pathetic for both teams but at least @shrewsweb fans don’t throw shit at away players and fans hey @deanhenderson! Wouldn’t advice away fans for an away trip to Blackburn either ??????⚽️

and someone saying they had blackburn fans throwing cones at them after shrewsbury were mouthing off.

Do they not need to grow up?

Archived