BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shrewsbury Town - 13/1/18

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not at all, like I said I think ours is a case of Samuel engineering any contact and it was very, very soft.

Theirs, at the ground from the Darwen end I thought he might have got some of the ball, watching the replays I'm still unsure, but hes definitely got the man.

Like I said, I think he made 2 major errors, 1 each way, and was generally bad, but we won so thats what matters.

The game is about opinions - but IMO referees have been bad all season, but largely without apparent bias. For whatever reason - I felt yesterday it was different. What was very apparent - irrespective of the merits of either penalty decision - he gave their's straight away and only gave ours after the linesman signaled. Given he had roughly the same viewing angle for each - read into that what you will. 

6 hours ago, only2garners said:

Paul Hurst actually said that he didn't think that either was a penalty. You can't quote him on one decision when it fits your view and not on the other.

FWIW I agree with Hurst - I thought they were both harsh. Anyway, it made not a blind bit of difference to the result.

And we're probably safe from relegation now.........

Paul Hurst post match comments were posted yesterday. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bit of a coincidence how you seem to think every decision should have gone our way though.

If we are taking their managers opinion as gospel, as only2garners said, he thought neither was a penalty. Therefore surely you agree on both counts.

Theirs im still not sure, one thing is for sure Raya was again rash for doing what he did in the first place. Still cant make my opinion on their penalty, replays inconclusive but if he did touch the ball it was slight, whereas ours was not a penalty and if you want to look at reactions, their keeper lost the plot afterwards.

The ref was really bad in general for both teams, just generally missed so much, I think it was a fairly difficult game to officiate as there were a few key decisions and it was pretty frantic at times but thats what you get for having part time refs I suppose. Useless.

Raya did get a hand on the ball. Watched it from my seat. 

Your view is from the Darwen end isnt it? 

4 hours ago, OJRovers said:

3 major errors if you include not sending off their left back.

Still dont know how he stay on the pitch

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Paul Hurst post match comments were posted yesterday. 

Raya did get a hand on the ball. Watched it from my seat. 

Your view is from the Darwen end isnt it? 

Still dont know how he stay on the pitch

Yes, like I said I wasnt 100% seeing it live and still am not but on the replay it looks a penalty.

But if you want to quote Hurst, he said neither are penalties.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

They trolled on here. We didn't start shite threads about it.

Oh hang on, they lost:rover:

You've finally found your level, don't feel like you have to come back :D

Crowd helped encourage the Rovers through the last 20 minutes like the Premiership days.

The Riverside being open(after the morgue of the Hull Cup Match) makes a massive difference.

My Grandson really enjoyed it and never looked at his programme!

Football is so simple ,TM got this one right ,we matched them in all departments and our quality came through albeit a bit earlier than I expected .

The atmosphere was pretty good but  lets be honest the Ref certainly contributed to that...On the penalties I don't think either was a penalty in fact I am almost certain that the lino was just about to point to the corner flag when the ref just decided im in charge penalty ,awful decision as I have no idea how he could have been 100% certain from his position....

I still can't believe we were on the same pitch as such no marks, never mind competing for a top 2 spot with them. I thought the likes of Shrowsbury were consigned to history back in the seventies.

Just shows what rank bad management can 'achieve'.

Onwards and upwards Our Rovers, Fleetwood have achieved great things of late but with respect, there's no way they should be sat at the same table as us, 'thanks' Jerome, COYB!!!

2 minutes ago, Mortgagehound said:

Well it took West Ham to 112th min to tame the shrews last night with 3000 shrews fan backing the team at London stadium.

i guess we cant be as bad some of you think.

good luck for the rest of the season

How long did it take us? The was a very weakened West Ham side too.

15 minutes ago, Mortgagehound said:

Well it took West Ham to 112th min to tame the shrews last night with 3000 shrews fan backing the team at London stadium.

Nobody said you were. You're above us on merit. We just made you look shit.

@STFC7-1 seems to have gone missing since the match so send him all our love.

19 minutes ago, Mortgagehound said:

I've always liked Shrewbury town and FC. Have a sister in Whitchurch so have visted quite alot.

Best of luck in the Playoffs :rover:

Archived