BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Celebrity Mastermind

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

If Farron is a Rovers fan (which he isn't)

Oh dear. Despite what several others have already said in this thread, that he's been seen at Ewood, are you really suggesting he revised on Rovers just for Mastermind?!?

Following a quick Google. Here's a link to him commenting on Rovers in 2015, no doubt as part of his preparation for Wednesday nights TV appearance.  With apologies to the link to the Scum publication. https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/championship/140389/farron-fury-at-rovers-owners-venkys/

I'm looking forward to hearing May and Corbyn recounting tales of chasing burnley up Bolton Road in the coming weeks for political gain as well.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I'd have thought this board would be Farron fans, seeing as you chased anyone with a different political leaning off the board a few years ago.

If Farron is a Rovers fan (which he isn't) it makes it even worse that he's been so quiet on our plight, given his prominence.

If he’s not a Rover why would he bother with an early day motion calling for greater transparency in football?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10465054.MP___s_Commons_call_after_Blackburn_Rovers____chaos___/

Secondly why would he consistently lie about being a Rovers fan to the extent of appearing on Celebrity Mastermind?

One might want to rubbish Farron on a number of political issues but your factually incorrect on this one. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Has anyone ever seen him at Rovers? The guy is a complete pillock, as much of a Rovers supporter as Cameron was Villa. Anyone, Rovers fan or not, could have got those questions right with a few days of revising.

Tim is not a pillock

Definitely a Rover

25 minutes ago, Paul said:

If he’s not a Rover why would he bother with an early day motion calling for greater transparency in football?

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10465054.MP___s_Commons_call_after_Blackburn_Rovers____chaos___/

Secondly why would he consistently lie about being a Rovers fan to the extent of appearing on Celebrity Mastermind?

One might want to rubbish Farron on a number of political issues but your factually incorrect on this one. 

Why would he appear on Celebrity Mastermind pretending to be a Rover? Why would a politician go on BBC at primetime to show that he's 'just an ordinary bloke'? Isn't it obvious? For the same reason that Cameron pretended to be a Villa fan.

9 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Oh dear. Despite what several others have already said in this thread, that he's been seen at Ewood, are you really suggesting he revised on Rovers just for Mastermind?!?

Following a quick Google. Here's a link to him commenting on Rovers in 2015, no doubt as part of his preparation for Wednesday nights TV appearance.  With apologies to the link to the Scum publication. https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/championship/140389/farron-fury-at-rovers-owners-venkys/

I'm looking forward to hearing May and Corbyn recounting tales of chasing burnley up Bolton Road in the coming weeks for political gain as well.

He's been seen at Rovers so he's 100% factually a Rovers fan? Yeah I forgot that it was so unbelievably difficult to get tickets nowadays that only people with a long history of buying Rovers tickets can get one :rolleyes:. The last paragraph literally happened with Cameron, when he pretended to be 'just your ordinary Villa fan' and it eventually turned out that he forgot whether he was a Villa or West Ham fan. One or two comments in 7 years is pretty much meaningless. If I was in the public eye, I wouldn't have shut up about it. As much as I don't like to say it, Alastair Campbell is a good example of a true football fan in the public eye, Farron isn't.

Just now, RV Blue said:

He's been seen at Rovers so he's 100% factually a Rovers fan? Yeah I forgot that it was so unbelievably difficult to get tickets nowadays that only people with a long history of buying Rovers tickets can get one :rolleyes:. The last paragraph literally happened with Cameron, when he pretended to be 'just your ordinary Villa fan' and it eventually turned out that he forgot whether he was a Villa or West Ham fan. One or two comments in 7 years is pretty much meaningless. If I was in the public eye, I wouldn't have shut up about it. As much as I don't like to say it, Alastair Campbell is a good example of a true football fan in the public eye, Farron isn't.

I understand your cynicism, but to be honest people find him dull enough without him harping on about a northern third division team all the time. Remember he was technically running to be Prime Minister! ?

If he genuinely, as you suggest, studied thoroughly ten years of football trivia and stats that he didn’t even care about just for a tiny bit of PR, rather than picking a subject he knew then fair dos to him - it’s all the more impressive.

Somehow I doubt it, but at the very least it’s a bit of exposure and fun for us so hey ho not all bad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S8 & Blue said:

I understand your cynicism, but to be honest people find him dull enough without him harping on about a northern third division team all the time. Remember he was technically running to be Prime Minister! ?

If he genuinely, as you suggest, studied thoroughly ten years of football trivia and stats that he didn’t even care about just for a tiny bit of PR, rather than picking a subject he knew then fair dos to him - it’s all the more impressive.

Somehow I doubt it, but at the very least it’s a bit of exposure and fun for us so hey ho not all bad.

I don't like him in the first place which makes me more cynical, but I've been very disappointed that someone who calls himself a Rovers fan in such a high profile position has been so quiet when we've been crying out for someone to help us out. Farron hasn't cut the mustard in that regard.

Just now, RV Blue said:

I don't like him in the first place which makes me more cynical, but I've been very disappointed that someone who calls himself a Rovers fan in such a high profile position has been so quiet when we've been crying out for someone to help us out. Farron hasn't cut the mustard in that regard.

Probably needs to appear as vanilla as possible and avoid as much controversy as he can - you know what their like.

Did anyone ask him what he though of Le Saux and MGP? ?

• Backroom
16 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Did you completely miss the 'Farron criticises Venky's' article posted above? He's no less vocal than Jack or Will Straw over the last few years.

Graham Jones has been more vocal ofc, but he isn't the leader of a party. Being leader of a party means you have to dilute some of your own views to ensure you have the backing of your whole party.

Look how May and Corbyn are 'presenting' more central than their respective right and left wing views.

If Farron kept talking about Rovers, it'd render his political influence even lower than it is now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did you completely miss the 'Farron criticises Venky's' article posted above? He's no less vocal than Jack or Will Straw over the last few years.

Graham Jones has been more vocal ofc, but he isn't the leader of a party. Being leader of a party means you have to dilute some of your own views to ensure you have the backing of your whole party.

Look how May and Corbyn are 'presenting' more central than their respective right and left wing views.

If Farron kept talking about Rovers, it'd render his political influence even lower than it is now.

No, one comment in 7 years makes 0 difference. Yes because if Farron was more vocal on Rovers he'd have lost of the backing from his party, because Venky's ownership of Rovers is such a controversial and contentious issue. Jack and Will Straw are both in the same boat as Farron. Graham Jones showed how it's done but obviously he doesn't have the playform that Farron did.

Just sat in Blues with Tim Farron after he bought a ticket for today’s game. He’s just bought everyone a pint, set fire to a Venkys picture and got 50 out of 50 on the hardest Rovers quiz I’ve ever heard. I’ve told him to take his Rovers shirt and scarf off and to get out. I’ve seen him off with my pitchfork. Fecking imposter. He won’t fool me.

• Like 1

Just now, bob fleming said:

Just sat in Blues with Tim Farron after he bought a ticket for today’s game. He’s just bought everyone a pint, set fire to a Venkys picture and got 50 out of 50 on the hardest Rovers quiz I’ve ever heard. I’ve told him to take his Rovers shirt and scarf off and to get out. I’ve seen him off with my pitchfork. Fecking imposter. He won’t fool me.

You did right.

24 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

What about the tattoo???

• Backroom

So despite being known as a Rovers fan amongst our politicians for several years now (even before LibDem leadership), him being regularly seen at Ewood by many different people, him speaking against Venky's, him getting full marks in a Rovers quiz (including the unbelievably specific 'points below Utd' question that many of our obsessive best on here didn't know), you think he's not a Rovers fan?

• Like 2

Tim Farron just your average bloke loves his football team, God and hates gay people. Arsehole. All for having a pop at Farron over his nonsense religious bigotry but his clear interest in football and Rovers isn’t a reason to dislike him. 

Edited by Garage Flower
  • Like 2