BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

Where does he fit in? How does it effect Dack? Does it effect Dack? How many will he score as we secure the title? 

5 points for anyone who can name 5 other Geordies that have been successful at Ewood. Bonus point if you can do it without Shearer. 

Armstrong is a good signing for you at League 1, quick and has good movement at this level to get into goal scoring positions. If he gets good service he will get you goals against most teams. 

I was surprised he has struggled to score at Barnsley and Bolton though, but that is the Championship I suppose.

Edited by STFC7-1

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

And where will he fit in when we sign Gally?;)

He'll score 9 goals and we'll finish 2nd.

Anyway here are all his Coventry goals for those that haven't seen them yet.

Mixed bag there , some good finishes some very flukey finishes and some awful defending , what impressed me though is his ability to finish with both feet

• Backroom
2 hours ago, STFC7-1 said:

Armstrong is a good signing for you at League 1, quick and has good movement at this level to get into goal scoring positions. If he gets good service he will get you goals against most teams. 

I was surprised he has struggled to score at Barnsley and Bolton though, but that is the Championship I suppose.

Rumour is he was shoved out wide there, hence we've been able to sign him.

7 hours ago, AJW said:

Mixed bag there , some good finishes some very flukey finishes and some awful defending , what impressed me though is his ability to finish with both feet

Flukey? I won't complain if every goal we score for the rest of the season looks like those. He seems to be able to score from reasonable distance, something which is missing from our game.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Where does he fit in? How does it effect Dack? Does it effect Dack? How many will he score as we secure the title? 

5 points for anyone who can name 5 other Geordies that have been successful at Ewood. Bonus point if you can do it without Shearer. 

Graham Fenton

Danny Graham

Howard Kendall

Martin Taylor

Billy Wilson

• Like 1

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

And where will he fit in when we sign Gally?;)

He'll score 9 goals and we'll finish 2nd.

Anyway here are all his Coventry goals for those that haven't seen them yet.

Interesting compilation. He has pace and a good finisher with both feet. Often played in with a good through ball, out paces defenders and finishes with a strong low shot. All good, including the excellent through balls!!

Good to see a striker take penalties.

Not a single headed goal, not altogether suprising as he's not the tallest and we are, currently, past useless on crossing the ball.

At his height no point in pulling him back to assist in defending set plays so a real reason to keep him upfield and with his pace keep a few of the oppos defenders occupied and out of our area. Defend from the front!

Looks like he could be a great addition/ improvement to the team/ squad.

• Like 1

Barnsley fan at work really rates him, and would have him back in a heartbeat in their current predicament.

Although the stats from his time there aren't amazing, reckons he's more than good enough for this league and didn't get enough of a chance.

4 minutes ago, JAL said:

Looking at his stats shows league two is his level .......let's hope hes ready for a step up !

:lol: 20 goals in league one is now league two level :lol:

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Barnsley fan at work really rates him, and would have him back in a heartbeat in their current predicament.

Although the stats from his time there aren't amazing, reckons he's more than good enough for this league and didn't get enough of a chance.

:lol: 20 goals in league one is now league two level :lol:

Not convinced but hey we've seen enough shyte over the past seven years to be not convinced.

Who the ferk is Adam Armstrong ??????

Adam step into my pocket for next ninety ?

Just now, JAL said:

Not convinced but hey we've seen enough shyte over the past seven years to be not convinced.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer to make informed decisions on signings based on performances in a Rovers shirt and by watching in depth, regularly.

Each to their own, hopefully for you he's shite. :P 

2 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I prefer to make informed decisions on signings based on performances in a Rovers shirt and by watching in depth, regularly.

Each to their own, hopefully for you he's shite. :P 

All to prove can't say I'm rushing out to buy a ticket on this one nor will many thousands of others and no he better not be shyte.

Edited by JAL

Just now, JAL said:

All to prove can't say I'm rushing out to buy a ticket on this one nor will many thousands of others.

Who would? Genuine question, I have no idea of names that would come to us at the moment, at the right price. Interested to see who it would take to get you to watch.

18 minutes ago, JAL said:

A @#/? World Cup winner, that's who :)

Edit: Adding ING to FERK makes it a banned word. Odd.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1