BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In divisions other than League 2. I think your rating system needs tweaking, or ,actually,substance. 

Let's go back let hope he can do it and agree on that. I'm not expecting too much so no pressure there would have liked a more proven forward and permenant to take the club forward.

Loans with a view to buy I, take is this, is it ?

Just now, JAL said:

Let's go back let hope he can do it and agree on that. I'm not expecting too much so no pressure there would have liked a more proven forward and permenant to take the club forward.

Loans with a view to buy I, take is this, is it ?

I dont think it is

Just now, JAL said:

Why not ?

He is highly rated up there but splits fans opinions. Some want him in the team now others want him to pick experience on loan whiles others want shot. I doubt they are looking to sell and rather that he develops. People have been mentioning that there might possibly even be a playing clause in the contract.

Anyway ask TM, not me. I just dont think it seems like a loan with a view to a move.

I’m not usually a fan of loans from PL teams but this looks like it might be a good move for us.  He’s done it before at this level, the video of the Cov season was fantastic.  Newcastle might be thinking if he does well and they go down he could be in their squad next year, can’t see much future for him there if they stay up though.  Good signing I reckon.

Its to easy for teams to play a high line against us at the minute with Graham up top alone. Graham is still a good threat in the final third, but we have to push other teams back so he can play there. Armstrong finally offers us a threat in behind that the back four has to respect.

11 hours ago, McClarky said:

I’m not usually a fan of loans from PL teams but this looks like it might be a good move for us.  He’s done it before at this level, the video of the Cov season was fantastic.  Newcastle might be thinking if he does well and they go down he could be in their squad next year, can’t see much future for him there if they stay up though.  Good signing I reckon.

So why didn't Coventry buy him or Barnsley or even Bolton, three teams, three no's.

Plus he can't get into a poor Newcastle United team enough said.

Edited by JAL

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Its to easy for teams to play a high line against us at the minute with Graham up top alone. Graham is still a good threat in the final third, but we have to push other teams back so he can play there. Armstrong finally offers us a threat in behind that the back four has to respect.

I think we are far too easy to defend against at home. We tend to sit in deep and try to play a really sedate passing game allowing teams to get ten men behind the ball. I honestly can't see the addition of Armstrong changing this too much as his pace can only be really utilised by one of his teammates playing the correct ball. I can't see any of our available players being good enough to do this.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think we are far too easy to defend against at home. We tend to sit in deep and try to play a really sedate passing game allowing teams to get ten men behind the ball. I honestly can't see the addition of Armstrong changing this too much as his pace can only be really utilised by one of his teammates playing the correct ball. I can't see any of our available players being good enough to do this.

Passing doesnt always have to be as accurate when your hitting a guy with pace. Sometimes its just a case of lumping it into the sapce behind and run forrest run time

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JAL said:

So why didn't Coventry buy him or Barnsley or even Bolton, three teams, three no's.

Because he isnt/wasnt for sale perhaps?

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Pace is a funny thing. Sometimes players with it can make huge differences just by being on the pitch. Without doing anything they can affect the starting position of the back 4. If the full back marking him lacks pace, the centre half on that side edges over and suddnly loses his man centrally. Defenders hate pace.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Because he isnt/wasnt for sale perhaps?

The clubs he'd played for haven't done anything on the pitch and his record doesn't appear to be anything special so wheres the progression of Rovers football club with this player. 

1 minute ago, JAL said:

The clubs he'd played for haven't done anything on the pitch and his record doesn't appear to be anything special so wheres the progression of Rovers football club with this player. 

Not quite sure what you are getting at but he was brought in for a position we need filling with Antonssons injury and the not so good performance of a couple of strikers. He has a proven strike ratio in this league for someone so young and raw pace of which we have been crying out for.  If he helps us to get automatic promotion - there is the progression of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Edited by JacknOry

Just now, JacknOry said:

Not quite sure what you are getting at but he was brought in for a position we need filling with Antonssons injury and the not so good performance of a couple of strikers. He has a proven strike ratio in this league for someone so young and raw pace of which we have been crying out for.  If he helps us to get automatic promotion - there is the progression of Blackburn Rovers Football Club.

Was hoping for a more assured forward to come in to push the club over the promotion line who'd done it at a higher level on a consistant basis not some struggling rookie with a broken record. 

Venkys and wankdog agents our demise.

Just now, JAL said:

Was hoping for a more assured forward to come in to push the club over the promotion line who'd done it at a higher level on a consistant basis not some struggling rookie with a broken record. 

Venkys and wankdog agents our demise.

Like who? We need somebody that can score goals at this level and he has previously proven he can. Whether he can score goals at a higher level is irrelevant as he is a loan signing anyway.

I am open for suggestions on who this more assured forward could be that has done it at a higher level consistently but would be willing to step down to tier 3.

Edited by JacknOry

10 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Like who? We need somebody that can score goals at this level and he has previously proven he can. Whether he can score goals at a higher level is irrelevant as he is a loan signing anyway.

I am open for suggestions on who this more assured forward could be that has done it at a higher level consistently but would be willing to step down to tier 3.

Money talks if you have ambition .....invest see very little investment here though.

1 hour ago, FGS5635 said:

Passing doesnt always have to be as accurate when your hitting a guy with pace. Sometimes its just a case of lumping it into the sapce behind and run forrest run time

There has to be a element of accuracy and the right level of pace on the ball. We simply have to get defenders turning to gain any advantage from such balls. And they have to be diagonal as any long straight balls are food and drink to the big centre halves that the majority of League One clubs have.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Not for sale as yet by Newcastle they're loaning him out to gain experience then either play him or punt him..

Btw All of our ex Coventry employees were at Coventry when Adam Armstrong was.. Even Adam's goals couldn't help cov whilst the aforementioned threesome ex cov employees helped to preside over coventrys demise to league two 

Edited by Athlete

3 hours ago, JAL said:

Maybe he wasn't for sale due to his potential and was just sent for valuable game time and experience.

He scored a bag full of goals for a poor Coventry team in this league their is no reason he couldn't do it for us with dack slipping a few sexy through balls in. He did well enough to earn two more loan moves to championship clubs. Let's not write him off before he's kicked a ball. I think the lad is exactly what we need up top and a good signing by TM. Im actually quite impressed he pulled it off.

Get behind the lad FFS :lol:

Edited by Oldgregg86

2 hours ago, JAL said:

The progression is getting in the championship with the help of his goals securing more tv money and exposure to attract better players 

2 hours ago, JAL said:

You are like a broken record. You've had an explanation to what he brings but now you have reworded your question and gone again.

Armstrong scored 20 goals in 40 games last time he played at this level and under Mowbray. His record for Barnsley & Bolton, both struggling teams in the Championship, is irrelevant as he is playing in League 1 now. He has form with Mowbray and form in this league. He's also won major tournaments at international youth level.

If you are expecting us to sign league and cup winners in our current predicament then you are pissing in the wind. Your request of an assured forward that has consistently done it at a higher level shows your delusions. Who do you think will come here with that sort of record?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are like a broken record. You've had an explanation to what he brings but now you have reworded your question and gone again.

Armstrong scored 20 goals in 40 games last time he played at this level and under Mowbray. His record for Barnsley & Bolton, both struggling teams in the Championship, is irrelevant as he is playing in League 1 now. He has form with Mowbray and form in this league. He's also won major tournaments at international youth level.

If you are expecting us to sign league and cup winners in our current predicament then you are pissing in the wind. Your request of an assured forward that has consistently done it at a higher level shows your delusions. Who do you think will come here with that sort of record?

He said he won't tell us what players he would like us to sign as "he is not paid to know about players". Broken record indeed