BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Adam Armstrong

1 hour ago, philipl said:

From the video evidence he has a bit of a swagger about him.

Unless he scores 10 minutes before making his debut, he is a total set up to be a target of the Blackburn moaners.

Not  sure that's true. Only seems to be JAL that's moaning about him. Everyone else seems cautiously optimistic.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2018 at 04:12, JAL said:

Outside the top two fully justified though Dack and Chapman have done well and become crowd favourites. 

So not yours since you are never part of the crowd, preferring to sit on your duff and criticise all signings and all youth players.

TM has commented about Adam bringing same as Harry. I'm afraid he's gonna play Adam out wide and thus minimizing the contribution he could have for this club.

If I'm not wrong Bolton, where he failed, did just that. Coventry, where he shined, didn't.

Also my magpie friend said he just can't play out wide.

Interesting to see how TM is going to use the lad.

Correctly used I truly believe we he can be a big factor on our survey towards promotion.

20 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

You are like a broken record. You've had an explanation to what he brings but now you have reworded your question and gone again.

Armstrong scored 20 goals in 40 games last time he played at this level and under Mowbray. His record for Barnsley & Bolton, both struggling teams in the Championship, is irrelevant as he is playing in League 1 now. He has form with Mowbray and form in this league. He's also won major tournaments at international youth level.

If you are expecting us to sign league and cup winners in our current predicament then you are pissing in the wind. Your request of an assured forward that has consistently done it at a higher level shows your delusions. Who do you think will come here with that sort of record?

Up to the people running the club to show their commitment by investing in these types of lads instead of short term hire with no intent on building a good team for the future.

20 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

The progression is getting in the championship with the help of his goals securing more tv money and exposure to attract better players 

He could toss it off for next few months like Joao did. He's no commitment to Rovers yet you guys seem to fall, for it.

Only foolish fans buy into this nonsense.

Edited by JAL

50 minutes ago, Lihamylly said:

TM has commented about Adam bringing same as Harry. I'm afraid he's gonna play Adam out wide and thus minimizing the contribution he could have for this club.

If I'm not wrong Bolton, where he failed, did just that. Coventry, where he shined, didn't.

Also my magpie friend said he just can't play out wide.

Interesting to see how TM is going to use the lad.

Correctly used I truly believe we he can be a big factor on our survey towards promotion.

So what you are saying is that when TM last managed him, he shone. So TM knows how to play him. 

Edited by rigger

He could toss it off for next few months like Joao did. He's no commitment to Rovers yet you guys seem to fall, for it.

Only foolish fans buy into this nonsense.

I understand where your coming from to a point. Alot of players come and give minimal effort and only join for self serving reasons but for every joao there is a Sam Gallagher. We've had some fabulous loans over the years. I recall Eyal berkovic and Alan mahon helping us get promoted last time around. He was on loan at Coventry and didn't seem to have commitment issues. By that logic we shouldn't play players in the last 6 month of their contracts if they aren't re signing. He's a young English lad with alot of potential. Lets help him get his career started and I'm sure he will repay us with commitment and goals

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

• Backroom

Are we rewriting history about Joao now? Sure there was a photo of him and Emnes sat like naughty schoolboys for turning up late but he was decent for us, got a couple of late goals that could have been vital had things been ever so slightly different.

Armstrong played out wide at least initially today, I think it's where he's most likely to feature and thought so since he signed 

Edited by Tom

To be fair Armstrong looked comfortable playing their, more so than Samuel. Whilst I believe he would be far more effective down the middle we have Graham up top and hopefully Bennett in the middle their is no one else to play their who could do a job as well as he could so for the team as a whole can see the logic of playing him their

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray said after the match that Armstrong will sometimes be used as the lone frontman and sometimes out wide.

Sounds reasonable. Partially covering Chapman and still partially letting him play in his natural position where he imo has the most to give for the club.

TM is probably doing here a 2 in 1 -package, and saving the transfer money to other positions of the field.

This ofcourse eats little from width of the team, but gives us more flexibility to play against diffderent kind of teams.

No complaints here, if that's he plan.

I'm pretty excited about the lad. Loan player yes, but hopefully with a point to prove after failure in Bolton.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray said after the match that Armstrong will sometimes be used as the lone frontman and sometimes out wide.

He's wrong, I was explicitly told on here that he won't be used out wide.

He looks well suited to that role for me, yesterday it almost felt like we had Chapman back when he came on, really useful to be able to stretch the opposition with some pace.

On 12/01/2018 at 19:01, BiggusMickus said:

Not  sure that's true. Only seems to be JAL that's moaning about him. Everyone else seems cautiously optimistic.

He's not a Rovers player if he was or to become then yeah great news. 

Edited by JAL

3 hours ago, Tom said:

He's wrong, I was explicitly told on here that he won't be used out wide.

He looks well suited to that role for me, yesterday it almost felt like we had Chapman back when he came on, really useful to be able to stretch the opposition with some pace.

He looked quicker than Chapman. Got to be concerned about his hammies though!

45 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, what was the half time subs warm up like ?

Don’t remember seeing Armstrong on the pitch at half time. Maybe he was on a bike.

He was certainly on his bike for the first chase he had!

• 1 month later...