BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR most hated Rovers player (since 1992) ..........lets have a Poll!

Your most hated Rovers player (since 1992)  

157 members have voted

1. 1. A Poll.....Who is YOUR most hated Rovers player ever? (1992 - present)

• Lorenzo Amoruso
    • Leon Best
    • Martin Dahlin
    • Christian Dailly
    • Kevin Davies
    • Shane Duffy
    • Dickson Etuhu
    • Barry Ferguson
    • David Goodwillie
    • Jason Lowe
    • Aaron Mokoena
    • Lucas Neill
    • Bradley Orr
    • Darren Peacock
    • Ashley Ward
    • Dwight Yorke
    • Keith Andrews
    • Danny Murphy
    • AN Other.....Please name and reason why in the topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be Leon Best or Murphy. 

Duffy was great for us in plenty of games, til things went to shit at the end. 

Keith Andrews? Come on, I think anyone who hates him needs to have a good think for themselves. The guy tried his best and whenever he is on Irish TV or radio only speaks highly of the club. I honestly think the stick he gets makes no sense and is very unfair. 

Andrews was poor for us. His attitude was different though. It's unfair to put him in the same list as Murphy, Orr, Best.

Likewise you need to take the Axe out now. He was a cult hero.

I voted Orr. Horrible little man. It's quite apt that he is related to Flanagan, a bloke just sentenced in court for beating up his girlfriend. It must run in the family......

....and on that note, put Myles Anderson up there.

Duffy shades it from Orr but it's close, I don't care what the lanky prick did for us before ( not much really tbh ) but the ending was beyond a disgrace.

Orr next for obvious reasons very closely followed by Best. Dishonourable mention for Murphy although I think you realise when you watch or listen to him now he's just thick and his legs had long departed I don't think there was any malice in him he just had great ( crooked ) agents who did us over.

JLowe & Andrews don't come into it in terms of hatred they were just annoying.

Wild card for Etuhu he was a useless shyster but similar circumstances to Murphy, pair should have been retiring under normal circumstances but for you know who's gang of thieves.

Anyone who hates the likes of Mokoena needs a slap :blink:

Can the poll go back farther than 1992 because there is a standout candidate bar none?

On the morning of the 1960 FA Cup Final,  Rovers' first appearance at Wembley since 1928, this player suddenly demanded a transfer, throwing the team's preparations for the match into chaos and presaging a disastrous day for Rovers in which Dave Whelan was carried off with a broken leg and Rovers played poorly to lose the final 3-0..

He did not get his transfer until he had played another full season for Rovers, then signed for Aston Villa. He had a reputation for reputation for backchat and defying authority and was overjoyed at leaving Ewood. "When I arrived at Aston Villa," he late wrote, "it was like joining a Guards Regiment. At first the atmosphere was overpowering. I was with a great club and it's not easy to live up to such greatness."

His name was Derek Dougan.

10 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I only included Mokoena, as he was the 'designated scape goat' in that Hughes team with Tugay, Savage etc.

There has to be one I suppose :lol:

Got a good reception on one of his visits back though to be fair.

Correct Jim.

Dougan gets my vote as the biggest C ever at Rovers.

Our perception of many others is tainted by the actions of other parties, Dougan did it all himself.

Having submitted a transfer request Dougan then  passed himself fit to play in the Final. Duggie and Ronnie both told me personally that he was carrying an injury and was no where near fit to play and it was like playing with 9 men after Whelan went off.

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Can the poll go back farther than 1992 because there is a standout candidate bar none?

On the morning of the 1960 FA Cup Final,  Rovers' first appearance at Wembley since 1928, this player suddenly demanded a transfer, throwing the team's preparations for the match into chaos and presaging a disastrous day for Rovers in which Dave Whelan was carried off with a broken leg and Rovers played poorly to lose the final 3-0..

He did not get his transfer until he had played another full season for Rovers, then signed for Aston Villa. He had a reputation for reputation for backchat and defying authority and was overjoyed at leaving Ewood. "When I arrived at Aston Villa," he late wrote, "it was like joining a Guards Regiment. At first the atmosphere was overpowering. I was with a great club and it's not easy to live up to such greatness."

His name was Derek Dougan.

I will do another if popular, I know the Dougan story too.

I'm sure there are others from the 1875-1960 time period. Just sticking to what I know.

• Backroom

Bradley Orr.

"The gaffer stood out there tonight and took a lot of stick, I've got nothing but admiration and respect for him," Orr said.

"He's done everything he could to push us in the right direction and motivate us.

"The tactics, training, everything - one man who can look in the mirror and say he's given everything is the manager.

"I'll speak for the dressing room and thank him for what he's done, he's taken things on the chin that he shouldn't have had to.

"The supporters voice their opinions in whatever way they want towards the owners, the players and the manager. Sometimes a line can be crossed and the way the gaffer's handled things is exemplary.

"He's certainly the best I've worked with as far as managers go.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Correct Jim.

Dougan gets my vote as the biggest C ever at Rovers.

Our perception of many others is tainted by the actions of other parties, Dougan did it all himself.

Having submitted a transfer request Dougan then  passed himself fit to play in the Final. Duggie and Ronnie both told me personally that he was carrying an injury and was no where near fit to play and it was like playing with 9 men after Whelan went off.

If you watch the video he was obviously carrying a previous injury. He breaks down after his first serious involvement in play after about 5 mins.  After that he may as well gave come off the pitch. When you consider there were no substitutes at that time it was incredibly selfish behaviour on his part.

Of the modern players I don't hate anybody - it's a game not WW 3. Plenty on that list I've no time for though.

The" Axe " shouldn't be on that list. If he was playing on Saturday I'd be a lot more confident.

Direct correlation between Venkys take over and the amount of absolute shysters playing in our colours?....better bloody believe it folks!

Duffy and his deliberate own goals v Cardiff(?) away,sickening to witness.

Dougan must come a close second,what a truly despicable thing to do to the club and fans on the eve of a Cup Final.:angry:

In general players aren't "hated" as such, fans just take exception to their lack of quality and/or effort on the pitch.

Occasionally though a player acts in a way off the pitch to generate genuine dislike. Dougan must be the prime example but was before my time.

I voted Duffy. Never known anyone score three own goals in two games to force a move. Close second would be Lucash refusing to sign a contract here and doing us out of a decent transfer fee just so he could earn a few more grubby quid for himself.

Just about all the others simply weren't good enough.

Archived