BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR most hated Rovers player (since 1992) ..........lets have a Poll!

Your most hated Rovers player (since 1992)  

157 members have voted

1. 1. A Poll.....Who is YOUR most hated Rovers player ever? (1992 - present)

• Lorenzo Amoruso
    • Leon Best
    • Martin Dahlin
    • Christian Dailly
    • Kevin Davies
    • Shane Duffy
    • Dickson Etuhu
    • Barry Ferguson
    • David Goodwillie
    • Jason Lowe
    • Aaron Mokoena
    • Lucas Neill
    • Bradley Orr
    • Darren Peacock
    • Ashley Ward
    • Dwight Yorke
    • Keith Andrews
    • Danny Murphy
    • AN Other.....Please name and reason why in the topic

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's being a bad player but then actually hating someone, in that case it has too be Murphy or Orr all day. How is the Axe even an option though? You can't hate the Axe! Mokoena is a club legend :lol: 

I really don't like Best and I think it's a disgrace how somebody who's a pretty poor player, and on top of that has an awful attitude, has 'earned' millions by doing nothing. It was hilarious when he scored his OG at Ewood the other month.

I really don't like Murphy, especially listening to him on MOTD talking about 'application', 'commitment', etc. I don't know how he's wormed his way into the main MOTD clique.

However, I hate Bradley Orr. Ashamed he ever wore the blue and white halves.

I voted for Murphy.... biggest wage stealer at the club.

There are some poor players on that list, but when you see that wee smug c£nt on the telly, I just get so angry....talking like he was a player; never for us... c£nt.

Also agree about the previous comments about Dougan....

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Had completely forgotten about Orr. In so far as you can get annoyed by a bit of plankton floating in the water he's mildly irritating. Too insignificant and ridiculous to be a major annoyance for me.

Orr.. the lad who defended relegation on TV and blamed the fans minutes after the Wigan game?

Detest the bloke. To the coin and the piss at the same time. At least some of the others actually perspired for their wage, Orr is most famous for taking the piss out of the club through social media.

Id only choose Murphy above him since he probably took the most coin and offered the least... and now he’s paid to be a monotone MOTD two hat. 

54 minutes ago, Butty said:

There's being a bad player but then actually hating someone, in that case it has too be Murphy or Orr all day. How is the Axe even an option though? You can't hate the Axe! Mokoena is a club legend :lol: 

Spot on.

How you could look at that list and choose JL... unbelievable.

I'll put my tin hat on.

I think Danny Murphy signed for us believing he could do a good job for us.

As the season got going he found his legs had gone. Try as he might, he could no longer perform to his previous ability. 

If anyone KNOWS for definite that this isn't the case I'll hold my hand up.

Keith Andrews played his best for us as did Lowe. The fact that they weren't good enough in some fans' eyes wasn't their fault. That's why I sided with Jonnolad in the Andrews era.

That leaves Duffy, Best and Orr.

The actions of these can never be classed with the horrible, deliberate Dougan.

13 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'll put my tin hat on.

I think Danny Murphy signed for us believing he could do a good job for us.

As the season got going he found his legs had gone. Try as he might, he could no longer perform to his previous ability. 

If anyone KNOWS for definite that this isn't the case I'll hold my hand up.

Keith Andrews played his best for us as did Lowe. The fact that they weren't good enough in some fans' eyes wasn't their fault. That's why I sided with Jonnolad in the Andrews era.

That leaves Duffy, Best and Orr.

The actions of these can never be classed with the horrible, deliberate Dougan.

That leaves Duffy, Best, Orr and Stokes

Now I completely agree

Most on that list had Either poor attitude OR poor performances .. A couple had. Both and 2 stick out like a sore thumb to me Best and Orr ... I wouldn't piss on them 2 if they were on fire 

13 minutes ago, Salgado Is Still A Hero said:

Orr, closely followed by Duffy, Best and Murphy.

Pre-Venky's era, probably Chimbonda. Useless ****.

How could you hate Chimbonda? He wasn't a great player granted but Jesus the guy scored a worldie against Burnley and was the first to come over to the fans and chuck his shirt in to the crowd with Diouf at a lot of away games I went too. Strange shout that Salgado! 

3 criteria for me for this award:

1 play badly for rovers

2 have a bad attitude/poor actions

3 cause me anger and hostility towards them

Whilst we've had some absolute duffers like Andrews there was no negative attitude or actions on their part. Others like Dougan were before my time, and so there's not the same level of animosity and outrage towards them. Others have been general bad apples a la Best so annoying as it is, it was less personal to Rovers (in my head) and there's no outrage as their antics were to be expected.

This leaves 3 - Murphy, Duffy and Orr, who take third to first in respective order. Murphy at least looked bothered at times - there were interviews where you could sense his frustration at the off field antics and the negative effects it was having. Duffy until his utterly scummy way of engineering a transfer put in several decent seasons for us.

But one man, Orr, manages to have no (mildly for the other 2 it has to be said) redeeming features. Step forward Bradley Orr.

It's appropriate that my most hated player ever is the figurehead for the most hated manager ever.

For me hatred is not so much about the ability as it was not their fault they were bought - i would put that on the managers.

I dont even hate J Lowe, he tries to the best of his ability which unfortunately is not much. There are more on that list id say the same about such as Andrews and the like.

The ones that stick in the throat are the ones that obviously did not give a shit about the club, the fans or their performances. Were here purely for the money and their own self-interests. Yes, all players want more money, thats natural in any line of work but there still has to be a certain commitment, a will to do well for the club or have its interests at heart.

Orr was a disgrace, as was Duffy in how he forced a transfer at the expense of the club - you cannot tell me all of those OG's were unintentional. Best has somehow forged a career doing absolutely nothing. Murphy treated us like a retirement home and one last 'big' contract.

Those are the ones I have feelings of hate against.

edit* - People have voted Peacock and Barry Ferguson? Admittedly they were pretty shite but how can they be more hated than anyone else that has ever played here?

In case anyone is any way surprised with Orr romping home-

“I've got nothing but admiration and respect for him," Orr said.

"He's done everything he could to push us in the right direction and motivate us.

"The tactics, training, everything - one man who can look in the mirror and say he's given everything is the manager.

"I'll speak for the dressing room and thank him for what he's done, he's taken things on the chin that he shouldn't have had to.

The supporters voice their opinions in whatever way they want towards the owners, the players and the manager. Sometimes a line can be crossed and the way the gaffer's handled things is exemplary.

"He's certainly the best I've worked with as far as managers go.”

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

In case anyone is any way surprised with Orr romping home-

“I've got nothing but admiration and respect for him," Orr said.

"He's done everything he could to push us in the right direction and motivate us.

"The tactics, training, everything - one man who can look in the mirror and say he's given everything is the manager.

"I'll speak for the dressing room and thank him for what he's done, he's taken things on the chin that he shouldn't have had to.

The supporters voice their opinions in whatever way they want towards the owners, the players and the manager. Sometimes a line can be crossed and the way the gaffer's handled things is exemplary.

"He's certainly the best I've worked with as far as managers go.”

I suddenly feel bilious.

Has to be Orr and Best. Both horrible human beings who were very poor footballers also.

Duffy didn't do himself any favours towards the end of his time here and is probably on the next tier down from them, he did have some good games for us though and is now playing as a regular in the top flight, so you can't say he is a bad footballer.

Agree with what Bazza said further up about Murphy, probably just below Duffy for me.

Etuhu, Stokes, DJ Campbell & Barry Ferguson are other names I look at with disdain, but probably not hatred.

I also don't like Corry Evans.

Anyone saying the likes of Lowe, Andrews, Mokoena etc, have a word with yourselves.

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

F95AF174-A234-4581-A944-ADEC4E0FC306.jpeg

I think if he was posing in front of a picture of Steve Kean and his posse Orr would have an altogether different look and gesture about him.  They somehow took this lower level slower than a snail plodder into the Premier league briefly and gave him a long term contract that probably made him a guaranteed millionaire overnight at a stage in his career were he'd more likely have ended up dropping in leagues and wages.

Jobs for the boys eh but when your Kean and get TWO wages on your contract you've got to look after your pals stables.

Filth the lot of them.

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you watch the video he was obviously carrying a previous injury. He breaks down after his first serious involvement in play after about 5 mins.  After that he may as well gave come off the pitch. When you consider there were no substitutes at that time it was incredibly selfish behaviour on his part.

Of the modern players I don't hate anybody - it's a game not WW 3. Plenty on that list I've no time for though.

The" Axe " shouldn't be on that list. If he was playing on Saturday I'd be a lot more confident.

Yes Tyrone. Never hated a Rovers player in my life and surprised that anyone does. A lot of em were useless, but that’s different. 

Edit... I have hated a Rovers manager - just one. 

Murphy is an interesting one. His performances were obviously a massive disappointment, probably owing more to his legs having gone than lack of effort, but it was his whole lack of understanding about the club and our situation which made it 10 times worse.

Obviously not as bad as Orr, but you could tell that he felt that everything would've been fine if only the fans piped down and let K**n get on with it. Even now (can't remember if it was posted here or elsewhere) there are stories of Rovers fans talking to him and he still feels as if everything was going well until we started changing managers. Doesn't put him right in the top tier of horrible characters that we've had post-Venkys, but he probably best sums up why we felt disconnected with almost the whole squad until Bowyer. It seemed as if the players were on a totally different wavelength from the support base. Not nasty, just ignorant.

Elsewhere, Mokoena easily one of my irrationally favourite players. Remember him scoring a worldie against Sunderland in the cup and belly laughing instead of celebrating. Seems ridiculous now, he wasn't even that bad!

El-Hadji Diouf.  Whilst he performed moderately well for Rovers, I could still never forgive him for repeatedly spitting at fans and players in the past and also for blatantly diving to win a crucial penalty at Ewood in January 2005

Blackburn 0-1 Bolton. Bolton snatched victory in a niggly Lancashire derby after El-Hadji Diouf won a controversial penalty....

3 minutes ago, sasumner said:

El-Hadji Diouf.  Whilst he performed moderately well for Rovers, I could still never forgive him for repeatedly spitting at fans and players in the past and also for blatantly diving to win a crucial penalty at Ewood in January 2005

Blackburn 0-1 Bolton. Bolton snatched victory in a niggly Lancashire derby after El-Hadji Diouf won a controversial penalty....

Good player for us. Acted like a gurrier at some other clubs. Wouldn't be anywhere near a list of most hated Rovers players for me. 

Archived