BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR most hated Rovers player (since 1992) ..........lets have a Poll!

Your most hated Rovers player (since 1992)  

157 members have voted

1. 1. A Poll.....Who is YOUR most hated Rovers player ever? (1992 - present)

• Lorenzo Amoruso
    • Leon Best
    • Martin Dahlin
    • Christian Dailly
    • Kevin Davies
    • Shane Duffy
    • Dickson Etuhu
    • Barry Ferguson
    • David Goodwillie
    • Jason Lowe
    • Aaron Mokoena
    • Lucas Neill
    • Bradley Orr
    • Darren Peacock
    • Ashley Ward
    • Dwight Yorke
    • Keith Andrews
    • Danny Murphy
    • AN Other.....Please name and reason why in the topic

Agree with Diouf, some of the things he did during his career were deplorable, but in a Rovers shirt, he put in some solid performances, nowhere near this list.

Happy that some of those who I put in the poll have no votes, surprised Ashley Ward doesnt have more votes (than just me! :D)

Dailly, Amoruso, Ferguson and Davies all wastes of money, but not nasty, hateful types. Wee Barry downed tools as soon as he got injured at Newcastle, went back to the safety of the SPL

Perhaps a little surprised "Lucash" hasn't been mentioned as he had an unceremonious departure (whilst he was captain IIRC) but his general performances for the club were stellar.

For me lots of the issues with Murphy can be applied to Euthu, again such a wide gap between the voting! Maybe because Murphy is on our screens we're reminded of him? Although Murphy did of course slag off the team for being ''too rough'' as well, maybe that was the start of the rot, before he'd even signed!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rog of the rovers said:

Agree with Diouf, some of the things he did during his career were deplorable, but in a Rovers shirt, he put in some solid performances, nowhere near this list.

Happy that some of those who I put in the poll have no votes, surprised Ashley Ward doesnt have more votes (than just me! :D)

Dailly, Amoruso, Ferguson and Davies all wastes of money, but not nasty, hateful types. Wee Barry downed tools as soon as he got injured at Newcastle, went back to the safety of the SPL

Perhaps a little surprised "Lucash" hasn't been mentioned as he had an unceremonious departure (whilst he was captain IIRC) but his general performances for the club were stellar.

Always think Ashley Ward gets a tough ride in retrospect. Blame Kidd for signing him and willingly paying £4.5m. Decent guy and not one to hate (even if he wasn't a great player). You couldn't fault his commitment and effort - despite his obvious lack of talent, no one gave more blood, sweat and tears to keep Rovers up in 1998/99 and he even scored five goals in half a season - unmatched by anyone else over that full season. Plus he unlucky - wasn't awarded a blatant penalty in the six-pointer at Charlton. The following year in 1999/00 he was admittedly very poor... but then so were most of the squad that season.

2 minutes ago, JC4LAB said:

Don't hate of any of em once they put on our shirt but a couple of oldies that disappointed ...John Radford flop from Arsenal after he had once partnered Ray Kennedy as the countrys best strike team  

John Omara..our Ted Macdougal Man U like signing....40 goal a season for Brentford I think it was, then bug'all for us.

Duncan Shearer too from Swindon.not much different.

.Big embarrassment ..Spending mad WOY signing Darren Peacock had my workmates laughing and takingf the p...when I worked in Manc ..

Keiths pointing and refusal to shoot when he got the chance just drove me round the twist...A what might have been player...

Nothing wrong with the Peacock signing at the time. To get an experienced 30-year-old defender who had been playing for a top-4 side on a free transfer was good business. Especially as he was only supposed to be a back-up.... but then Hendry left and he was suddenly first choice. Maybe suprised that he turned out to be such a liability, but then the whole squad was poor in 98/99. Remember him having a shocker at home to Liverpool gifting two goals. 

28 minutes ago, sasumner said:

Always think Ashley Ward gets a tough ride in retrospect. Blame Kidd for signing him and willingly paying £4.5m. Decent guy and not one to hate (even if he wasn't a great player). You couldn't fault his commitment and effort - despite his obvious lack of talent, no one gave more blood, sweat and tears to keep Rovers up in 1998/99 and he even scored five goals in half a season - unmatched by anyone else over that full season. Plus he unlucky - wasn't awarded a blatant penalty in the six-pointer at Charlton. The following year in 1999/00 he was admittedly very poor... but then so were most of the squad that season.

Agree on Ward met him a couple of times through work a few years after he'd left Rovers and nicest guy you could meet and wouldn't say a bad word about the club or fans. He knew he wasn't very popular but I think he accepted why, came at a bad time and it just didn't work out but never a lack of effort he was just a terrible striker and bad footballer who relied on his strength and effort mainly.

Rhodes despite the stick he gets was a better player than Ward in my eyes and if he'd had that physique and commitment he would have notched a few in the Prem like Ashley did.

Have to admit though I did hate seeing him leading the line at Rovers just a few short years after Shearer etc, SAS to SAD to WAB :o

2 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Duffy without a doubt.

I know we can't say anything for certain but a point at Cardiff could have kept us in the championship last year.

He should have been done for match fixing. Disgrace.

Forget even the point at Cardiff, if one of the own goals hadn't been scored, we would have stayed up on goal difference!

• Backroom

Murphy and Etuhu no different to Whittingham currently imo. Legs gone, but potentially could've worked out.

Only reason they make this list (imo) is the Kean connection.

Orr, Best, and Duffy are the worst.

As for the rest, I've no idea why they're on this list. Some incapable players, some wastes of money, but none as hateful as those 3.

41 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Murphy and Etuhu no different to Whittingham currently imo. Legs gone, but potentially could've worked out.

Whittingham has underperformed but he's doing his best. I don't know if the same can be said for Murphy at home to Peterborough and Etuhu away to Blackpool in 12/13. The fact that I still remember their 'performances' in those games 5+ years on speaks volumes!

42 minutes ago, Mike E said:

As for the rest, I've no idea why they're on this list. Some incapable players, some wastes of money, but none as hateful as those 3.

My top 3 most despicable Cs since '92 would be:

1. Orr

2. Duffy

3. Best

Oh to get them in row, locked and loaded

44 minutes ago, frosty said:

Whittingham has underperformed but he's doing his best. I don't know if the same can be said for Murphy at home to Peterborough and Etuhu away to Blackpool in 12/13. The fact that I still remember their 'performances' in those games 5+ years on speaks volumes!

I’ve walked away at half time once in 26 years of watching Rovers. Peterborough at home. Murphy wasn’t just “poor” or had lost his legs in that game, he literally strolled around.

If his shorts had pockets...! Murphy deserves every last bit of stick because he barely even broke sweat. We’ve had poor players, but Murphy offered less effort than anyone else I’ve ever seen. 

2 hours ago, rickard said:

Hey! What did we Swedes ever do to you? :P

I'm from Finland and we have this eternal (love)/hate relationship with those pesky bastards. You can lose, but you can't lose to Swede etc ;)

And yes, Shefki "The Sheriff" Kuqi was Finnish :D

Bradley Orr. The 2 main reasons are cited in this thread already; the interview and that social media image. The interview minutes after relegation, at the time, felt like being slapped in the face. He made me feel even worse, and this was after a relegation! At the time he showed zero humility, zero compassion, zero professionalism, and he spoke like an ex-player already. I'm ashamed he wore our shirt, and represented my club. 

P.s. The Axe was a cult hero. Should not be anywhere near that list, even on playing ability alone. 

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Stokes ?

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Suprised wes browns name hasn't come up anywhere. Surly worse than the likes of dailly and andrews

He definitely should've made the list just another here to bleed as much wages as possible when he should have been sat at home. The few bits I saw of him confirmed everything I feared when Boyle & his mates got him in, legs gone, not interested.

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He definitely should've made the list just another here to bleed as much wages as possible when he should have been sat at home. The few bits I saw of him confirmed everything I feared when Boyle & his mates got him in, legs gone, not interested.

Not in my “most hated” list. I watched him in the development side and he may well have contribute to some of the youth development.

A good signing? Not by a long stretch. Most hated? Not for me.

Orr is up there though.

11 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Voted for A N Other.  A N Other being the one and only Myles Anderson.  The beginning of the shafting of Blackburn Rovers. 

Was going to go on a rant but I think on reflection the name Myles Anderson says enough.

Fair point. He is up there but Orr still got my vote

Myles Anderson, Bradley Orr, Danny Murphy, Leon Best and Le Saux. That last one was basically added after the way he conducted himself after that really bad injury. As soon as he got better, he stamped his feet and demanded a move back to Chelsea and gave up like a petulant kid. Wingers beat him when they never used to because he just was not trying. Oh and wasn't he the one who got Perez sent off for being punched?

On 1/10/2018 at 21:07, Butty said:

How could you hate Chimbonda? He wasn't a great player granted but Jesus the guy scored a worldie against Burnley and was the first to come over to the fans and chuck his shirt in to the crowd with Diouf at a lot of away games I went too. Strange shout that Salgado! 

He's not on the level of the others but some of his performances were truly woeful, especially that Utd game and the 2nd leg of the Villa semi-final. And I hated how he wouldn't try to stop a cross, just stood there with his arms behind his back like a mug.

Probably harsh to call him a hated player, more that I hated seeing him on the pitch, same as Ashley Ward or Keith Andrews.

To be honest, I never hated anyone at Rovers until Venky's, Kean, Orr etc came along.

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Myles Anderson, Bradley Orr, Danny Murphy, Leon Best and Le Saux. That last one was basically added after the way he conducted himself after that really bad injury. As soon as he got better, he stamped his feet and demanded a move back to Chelsea and gave up like a petulant kid. Wingers beat him when they never used to because he just was not trying. Oh and wasn't he the one who got Perez sent off for being punched?

Yeah Le Saux really shat on the club. If he'd have never played again after that injury he'd have wanted every penny off us. We got him world class treatment to repair his ankle and as soon as he was match fit again he wanted a transfer. Tosser. 

Archived