BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] YOUR most hated Rovers player (since 1992) ..........lets have a Poll!

Your most hated Rovers player (since 1992)  

157 members have voted

1. 1. A Poll.....Who is YOUR most hated Rovers player ever? (1992 - present)

• Lorenzo Amoruso
    • Leon Best
    • Martin Dahlin
    • Christian Dailly
    • Kevin Davies
    • Shane Duffy
    • Dickson Etuhu
    • Barry Ferguson
    • David Goodwillie
    • Jason Lowe
    • Aaron Mokoena
    • Lucas Neill
    • Bradley Orr
    • Darren Peacock
    • Ashley Ward
    • Dwight Yorke
    • Keith Andrews
    • Danny Murphy
    • AN Other.....Please name and reason why in the topic

Just now, benhben said:

Orr and Best are two that came to mind first. Best just bled the club of a few million and never gave us any effort. 

Barry Ferguson was also a bit of an arse. Came as a big signing but pretty much said he regretted leaving rangers straight away. 

Fergusson was a pawn just to fleece money out of Rovers to save Rangers.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danny Murphy made my blood boil... his totally inept performances but more than that his total arrogance with comments made during and just after Rovers on various media outlets.. many on this list were rubbish but that's more the managers fault in my view.. Murphy didn't try at all whilst here and thought he was above everyone 

Surprised not to see Myles Anderson on that list. Possibly because he never did anything apart from THAT TACKLE in a practice session!

However, that was the most cynical, up-yours fans signing in Rover's history.

He must have known he was stealing a wage.

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Danny Murphy made my blood boil... his totally inept performances but more than that his total arrogance with comments made during and just after Rovers on various media outlets.. many on this list were rubbish but that's more the managers fault in my view.. Murphy didn't try at all whilst here and thought he was above everyone 

He was on talksport just these last few weeks giving his "advice" to any player that was on the pitch and things weren't going their way - you know, a bad slump in form - and he said "Just run around a lot. Just run around all over the place and eventually something will start happening for you. " 

Said it was something a mentor taught him and he swore by it all through his career. I couldn't believe my ears.

Despite his awful performances for us, the thing that boiled my piss the most was his post match on field interview after Appleton had been appointed. When asked he cockily stated " I've never heard of him, I don' know who he is. "

Now, even if that was true- and I don't for one second believe him - that is not something you say on live tv as captain of a club that is deep up the creek and needs some solidarity.

The unprofessionalism of that action by a seasoned player who had a wealth of experience is something I can never forgive, and to me shows he was actively trying to undermine and destabilise the club from within. 

That, and his wife's comments after the Millwall cup game ensure I always consider the Murphy clan a bunch of see you next Tuesday's.  

On 4/2/2018 at 00:09, 47er said:

Surprised not to see Myles Anderson on that list. Possibly because he never did anything apart from THAT TACKLE in a practice session!

However, that was the most cynical, up-yours fans signing in Rover's history.

He must have known he was stealing a wage.

Probably quite telling about his impact within the team that most of us forget he was ever at Rovers. Despite being the son the the guy running the club at the time.

Archived