BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

We need to be winning this, today feels like it could be pivotal it would be a dagger to go and throw it away by messing up the next game!

Wigan travel to Plymouth whilst Shrewsbury at home to Doncaster.

Both midtable teams that you would expect them to beat - however we got a total of 1 point from our home games against them. 

Not getting carried away it's trickier than some think this one and it's a pity we can't have what would be another huge following cheering them on which would help. TM will make changes regardless nothing is surer, I don't like that especially after today but he seems to get away with it so so be it.

Fleetwood 1    Rovers 1 

Armstrong.

If we don’t win at Fleetwood yesterday’s excellent result will be wasted. I’d be looking for the same team but drop Samuel for Armstrong. Samuel needs to work harder.

I can’t recall much of the home game but did see Fleetwood play Chorley. Nine games out of ten we should be winning against teams of this quality. It all depends on which Rovers side turns up. 

After yesterday, no need to fear anyone.

The challenge is to play to what we are capable of. Obviously homework has to be done on the opponents but it is now all about us rather than the team we are playing against.

Rovers to set off that 2-2 draw at home against Fleetwood with another 4-2 away win. 

51 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

A shame that all the local games with decent sized allocations were done by November.

I'm not sure about that as we pretty much sold them all out. Yesterday performance (and in upcoming games) might just tempt some Rovers fans to do the longer trips we have between now and the end of the season. I'm sure I saw somebody post yesterday that they bought Plymouth tickets after the game.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Hope so, but as an example we only took 2700 to Wigan because it was in the middle of a load of other local away games.

We’d be taking 5000 there if it was next Saturday.

From memory that was the only one we didn't sell out. There has been a novelty element for a lot to go to grounds they haven't been to. I think we'll have really good followings at the long haul games at Plymouth, Portsmouth, Wimbledon and Gillingham in the next couple of months.

It was, a load of fans would have thought I’ll miss Wigan as I’ll go Rochdale/Oldham/Bury for the novelty.

Wigan away in the run in would be a different matter, but hey ho.

Let’s hope there’s a packed out away end at Charlton as we clinch the title.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

It was, a load of fans would have thought I’ll miss Wigan as I’ll go Rochdale/Oldham/Bury for the novelty.

Wigan away in the run in would be a different matter, but hey ho.

Let’s hope there’s a packed out away end at Charlton as we clinch the title.

I sincerely hope so mate.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Paul said:

If we don’t win at Fleetwood yesterday’s excellent result will be wasted. I’d be looking for the same team but drop Samuel for Armstrong. Samuel needs to work harder.

I can’t recall much of the home game but did see Fleetwood play Chorley. Nine games out of ten we should be winning against teams of this quality. It all depends on which Rovers side turns up. 

Conway for Armstrong for me.

Samuel won the free kick for the first goal, beat his man again which should have led to a second yellow, put one on a plate that Armstrong fluffed and then got in behind to win the penalty along with a couple of decent crosses that needed some good defending to prevent easy chances for DG.

Just by having the legs to get in behind the defence makes him much more effective than Conway IMO

• J*B pinned this topic
51 minutes ago, Tom said:

Conway for Armstrong for me.

Samuel won the free kick for the first goal, beat his man again which should have led to a second yellow, put one on a plate that Armstrong fluffed and then got in behind to win the penalty along with a couple of decent crosses that needed some good defending to prevent easy chances for DG.

Just by having the legs to get in behind the defence makes him much more effective than Conway IMO

Samuels would also offer an aerial threat from that wing.   Most fullbacks aren't 7ft 3 or whatever that Beckless lad was yesterday!

Archived