BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

3 hours ago, Lihamylly said:

Same team for me except Armstrong for Samuel. Now it's time to strike, when even Wigan is dropping points.

Cmon lads, keep the momentum and spirit up! COYB!

I don't know why everybody wants to drop Samuel. I thought he played pretty well in that wider role. He had the beating of the full back who constantly fouled him and should have been sent off and earned a penalty with a good flick over the keeper. Armstrong looked OK as a sub for Conway in the second half.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After yesterdays good performance, just a couple of changes and tips for training this week.

Samuel was poor yesterday so Armstrong in for him.

As we don't have an alternative for Williams he will have to play.

Heading practice for Nyambe as he is shocking in the air, but, saying that, he has made huge steps forward in most of his game this season.

We need to practice throw ins, we are clueless.

Nuttall looked a different player to the last time I saw him, good impact sub.

Keep it going Blues, been a long time since I felt this good.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

same team that started yesterday. why change team after such a good performance

I'm a firm believer in the guys wearing the shirt and playing well get to keep it. Nothing more demoralising than playing well and then getting left out. I'm also a firm believer that if you find a pattern of play that works you should keep it

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm a firm believer in the guys wearing the shirt and playing well get to keep it. Nothing more demoralising than playing well and then getting left out. I'm also a firm believer that if you find a pattern of play that works you should keep it

Yes spot on. Samuel has to start next time. I imagine he’s the type to not take getting dropped well. Armstrong didn’t do enough to earn a start so early although I expect he will end up in the team in the coming weeks.

6 hours ago, Tormund said:

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Bennett

Samuel Dack Armstrong

Graham

Agree with that. One of either Conway or Samuel will be dropped. Harsh on either based on Saturdays performance, but someone will make way for Armstrong, and it won't be either Graham or Dack.

Same team to start no ifs no buts unless someone gets injured in training.. Winning breeds confidence.. The top two are wobbling its there for the taking.. Keep our main men fit (the ones which are a cut above the division) and we'll go up.. The rest of the division don't have the quality  of Mulgrew etc it's that fact that's why we are were we are.. Shrewsbury are just a hard working plodding side whom score very few but let few in.. They'll drop.. Wigan haven't beaten anyone in the top 5 they are there for the taking they're up there due to the fact its a poor division and they've a couple of players who are a cut above most sides.. Bradford are hit and miss..scunthorpe just maybe the other club for the mix and A. N OTHER some side who may get a run together similar to barnsley two years ago whom went from bottom at Christmas time to promotion 

Fleetwood's home league form:

Lost 5 - Southend, Charlton, Bradford, Gillingham, Peterborough

Drawn 4 - Oldham, Rochdale, Doncaster, Blackpool

Won 4 - Rotherham, Wimbledon, Bury, Oxford

Last won at home in the league at the end of October.

Seems they've had difficulties at home against the 'stronger' sides - Charlton, Bradford & Posh.

A mixed bag, inconsistent side, but certainly a game we should be expecting to win.

I’d go same team but tempted to say start Armstrong over Conway, maybe give him second half.

I’m also happy to hold my hands up and say Danny Graham appears to have turned it around, he was rubbish for the first half of the season but he’s looking interested/fit again now and most importantly scoring goals. I genuinely thought he was finished due to injuries.

Weakness cannot be in our heart, it's kill or be killed, knife between the teeth, mano versus mano, unarmed football combat, we have to arrive violently and leave our opponents bleeding on the ground as we roll them over and batter the ball into the net. No mercy, no quarter given, come back with your shield or on it. Blood tears toil and sweat, graft and shaft. No retreat, no surrender. We must drive our enemies before us and hear the lamentation of the women. 

If you shirk a tackle, or I think you're shirking a tackle, I'll kill ya. If you slack off, I'll kill ya. If you concede a goal from out wide, I'll kill ya. If you play like a cream puff, I'll kill ya. Now, have you got  all that, Rove-arse? 'cos if you haven't... I'll kill ya. 

I'm going to go against the grain here. Rösler will have them fired up to get one over on us for unsettling their team in the transfer window. We'll still be hungover from the Shrewsbury win, and our unbeaten league run will end.

Cod Army 1-0 Rovers

Also, we lose an hour of sleep when the clocks go forward in March, and the nights start drawing in again less than three months later.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

I'm going to go against the grain here. Rösler will have them fired up to get one over on us for unsettling their team in the transfer window. We'll still be hungover from the Shrewsbury win, and our unbeaten league run will end.

Cod Army 1-0 Rovers

Also, we lose an hour of sleep when the clocks go forward in March, and the nights start drawing in again less than three months later.

That Slivovitz is stronger than you think.

• Backroom

Feeling like a massive game, Shrewsbury will worried about us after the weekend and we need to keep them worried, get a win here and potentially get above them and never look back!

Shrewsbury, Wigan and Fleetwood all play their cup replays against Premier League opposition tonight or tomorrow. Shrewsbury and Fleetwood away at West Ham and Leicester.

They are likely to be exerting themselves in such big games before having only 2-3 days recovery to prepare for the weekend.

We've had all week to rest, enjoy last weekend and prepare for Saturday - really need to take advantage of this.

33 minutes ago, renrag said:

I agree with Brian Clough when he said “give me midweek games before training anytime”. The only benefit from being game free midweek is injury recovery time.

I'd much sooner be in our position of having a full week to rest and prepare and hopefully get over some injuries than having to spend all day today travelling down to Leicester/London, facing Premier League opposition and not getting back home until 2am.

45 minutes ago, renrag said:

I agree with Brian Clough when he said “give me midweek games before training anytime”. The only benefit from being game free midweek is injury recovery time.

Different times. It's much better to have the week off while your opponents are playing. Look at the league results of practically every Premier league team who has been in the Europa league. 

Archived