BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, david brent said:

I stand to be corrected but isn’t the owner of Fisherman’s Friends a Rovers fan? Someone one here will know! 

Genuinely that's the first I've heard of it but maybe so.

No reason to be apprehensive before any game between now and end of the season.

Shrewsbury showed once again we can beat anyone and we have significantly strengthened in this window with players who can really hurt the opposition.

We can beat ourselves for sure, but the opposition need to be helped.

Sticking with my 4-2 forecast.

11 minutes ago, FGS5635 said:

Lets hope this weather clears up. Dont the need the game turning into an ugly slug fest in dreadfull conditions

The forecast doesn't look too bad on Saturday. Against Shrewsbury I was content for the first time this season with the aggression from the whole team as opposed to a few individuals. The same attitude on Saturday should see us coping with any type of game Fleetwood want to play.

Payne arriving makes picking the front four players even more tricky. Graham and Dack are shoo-ins, but the other two could be any of Samuel, Armstrong, Conway or Payne.

It's a pretty good situation to be in. Only concern is out of those six only Conway is a proper wide player so we could get quite narrow.

4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Payne arriving makes picking the front four players even more tricky. Graham and Dack are shoo-ins, but the other two could be any of Samuel, Armstrong, Conway or Payne.

It's a pretty good situation to be in. Only concern is out of those six only Conway is a proper wide player so we could get quite narrow.

Bennett too if he plans on using him wide.

14 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Bennett too if he plans on using him wide.

If we have learnt anything since Bennett has been here, it's that he is a much better player in centre midfield. Keep in with Smallwood in the middle, he had his best game in a Rovers shirt last week.

28 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

If we have learnt anything since Bennett has been here, it's that he is a much better player in centre midfield. Keep in with Smallwood in the middle, he had his best game in a Rovers shirt last week.

Oh I know that - its just that straight after the last game, TM said that he still sees him as a wide player.

11 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Nick Haughton who has been on loan at Chorley and scored 13 goals from midfield has been recalled by Fleetwood

The reporter for the Blackpool Gazette said last night on Radio Lancs that he is expected to join  a non league side permanently before the end of this week.

Is there anyone else worried that now with the players we have signed, Mowbray will start messing around with the formation and we wont be able to play the simple and good football that we are playing at the moment and do you guys think that the players are actually good enough to win us games even if we are playing shit

3 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Is there anyone else worried that now with the players we have signed, Mowbray will start messing around with the formation and we wont be able to play the simple and good football that we are playing at the moment and do you guys think that the players are actually good enough to win us games even if we are playing shit

I don't think we are third due to Mowbray we are third due to Mulgrew Smallwood Graham who are a cut above anything this league has.. Then we've got Dack who the last few months has come on leaps and bounds.. We should be looking at promotion and building for the championship but we are in the hands of Venkys their cohorts and the carpet baggers so let's not get excited about signing loans or beating the mighty Shrewsbury 

Lets take it has it comes keep the run going

there's not one side we should be wary of in this division 

14 minutes ago, skous18 said:

I  have had that concern for a while. I think Lenihan is pivotal in Mowbrays  thinking to try his three at the back/wing back system. Half of our league defeats have been when playing this way so I sincerely hope he sticks to the system which has got us into a position to challenge.

45 minutes ago, skous18 said:

26 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I  have had that concern for a while. I think Lenihan is pivotal in Mowbrays  thinking to try his three at the back/wing back system. Half of our league defeats have been when playing this way so I sincerely hope he sticks to the system which has got us into a position to challenge.

Personally I don’t think we’ve been TOO convincing this season (apart from Saturday, and we certainly haven’t been bad overall) to the point where I don’t  welcome a few changes.

I’m glad Mowbray recognises that and isn’t just blinded by our results. With the signings we’ve made and what we have learned of the squad and opposition over the opening half of the season I’m sure he can make us far more incisive, dominant and clinical. 

Rovers 5 Fleetwood 0

I'm going 1-3 to us.

We seem to perform better away and I feel they will have a bit of a go at us as they need to get a move on if they have aspirations of the playoffs. Depending on who we play, we have some real pace that could be explosive on the counter attack.

Mulgrew, Dack and Armstrong will grab the goals. We will concede another sloppy goal as we always do.

Also going for Doncaster to hold the tired Shrews to 1-1 and we go second on GD.

3 hours ago, JacknOry said:

I'm going 1-3 to us.

We seem to perform better away and I feel they will have a bit of a go at us as they need to get a move on if they have aspirations of the playoffs. Depending on who we play, we have some real pace that could be explosive on the counter attack.

Mulgrew, Dack and Armstrong will grab the goals. We will concede another sloppy goal as we always do.

Also going for Doncaster to hold the tired Shrews to 1-1 and we go second on GD.

I am with you on the above plus Plymouth to take points of Wigan. A good day beckons.

Archived