Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fleetwood

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Tony Rover said:

Table looking pretty sweet... 

96EF9E4D-CFD7-412B-829B-519FA9D28688.png

100 points and 100 goals scored a realistic target for the season now.

but before I get carried away, not long ago Scunthorpe had the tightest defence in the division and now they have let one more in than we have.

Also worth noting that at the beginning of December, Charlton were poised to take 2nd.

A bad run could yet have us nervously looking at Posh, Pompey and Rotherham results again, but I think we have had our mid season dodgy patch.

That's a really important win. Games like that we're you're well on top without actually scoring enough and then gift the opposition an equaliser can really get into your head. You start thinking " it's just not going to be our day ".  So to come back with a winner from a player who's not known for scoring goals is great.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's a really important win. Games like that we're you're well on top without actually scoring enough and then gift the opposition an equaliser can really get into your head. You start thinking " it's just not going to be our day ".  So to come back with a winner from a player who's not known for scoring goals is great.

I tried to like that post twice :D

Has to be said that for all his goal scoring prowess this season, Charlie was lacking in the assists column... until today

Seeing that picture of the lads celebrating the winner brought back my claustrophobic fear of being trapped under a pile of bodies. I am sure that held me back from being a free scoring centre forward.... 

Just got back. Didn't actually think it was a vintage performance but the three points every week are all that matters at the moment.

Once again we were hugely reliant on Dack going forward. I thought Conway, Samuel, Bennett and Graham were poor.

Terrible mistake for their goal by Charlie at a time when up to that point they hadn't really threatened.

Nyambe was sensational first half. Crucial contribution from Smallwood at a late stage when we were floundering slightly. You won't get that off a JLo.

In the top two for the first time this season? As the fans were singing: "Wigan Athletic - we're coming for you."

We can play a lot better than that (hopefully) but great result. Onwards and upwards.

Just now, renrag said:

Sounds like the Shrews goalkeeper had a mare today, slipped for one goal and carried the other over the line. Makes you wonder if last week has got to him

Made at least one really good save as well. Can't say I agree with that assessment watching the broadcast on iFollow, but no replays there and sometimes the picture is a bit choppy.

52 minutes ago, Pedro said:

It must be demoralizing for Shrewsbury. I hope it affects them for a while. Seeing a 12 point lead (or something like that) get gnawed away at, losing to us, seeing us strengthen, go out of the cup after extra time and throwing a lead away twice at home...not going to make you feel great.

They were 2-0 up and conceded two to make it 2-2. Just to make them feel even worse.

I said they were due a wobble. Let’s hope it’s a big one! 

Excellent win from one of the tougher away games in the league. We'r into second and I expect us to stay in the top two from now on. Shrewsbury just don't have the strength in depth we have. 

Sounds like our best three players were key today for different reasons - Dack was great as usual, Mulgrew made a rare mistake to cost us a goal, and Smallwood pulled out a cracker to get us the three points. 

It would have been a travesty had we not won this game as we dominated the first half and a three goal lead would not have flattered us but credit to Rosler for his positive double change at half time which saw them on the front foot a bit more after playing like the away side in the first.

Mowbray's RL interview was interesting as he blamed three players for the Fleetwood goal. Williams for hitting the pass to Mulgrew too hard, Mulgrew for under hitting the back pass and Raya for being a bit slow off his line. I didn't see it that way at all but his comments were interesting.

Some tough fixtures to come but if we keep key players fit we can carry on winning.

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Great to see

Team spirit has been evident all season, never in question, unlike the manager who was sacked several times by the experts on here, embarrassing.

Great win today, mates said Fleetwood are the best footballing side to visit Ewood this season and we dispatched them at there gaff.

Mowbray has been brilliant since he came in, to achieve what he's achieved so far this season, at a club that's been raped, plundered and pillage for the last 8 seasons is remarkable, truly remarkable.

Onward and upwards.

12 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Are Chaddy and Gav the same person? They always appear together.

Dont know but they both love enticing people, especially Gav, as for his 'embarrasing' i think hes embarraisng himself by coming on here and trying to play the childish game of 'i told you so'. Not surprising for a chap who reports posters if they dare disagree with him. 

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

Team spirit has been evident all season, never in question, unlike the manager who was sacked several times by the experts on here, embarrassing.

Great win today, mates said Fleetwood are the best footballing side to visit Ewood this season and we dispatched them at there gaff.

Mowbray has been brilliant since he came in, to achieve what he's achieved so far this season, at a club that's been raped, plundered and pillage for the last 8 seasons is remarkable, truly remarkable.

Onward and upwards.

It looks and feels like he's building the side/club up too ?

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

It must be demoralizing for Shrewsbury. I hope it affects them for a while. Seeing a 12 point lead (or something like that) get gnawed away at, losing to us, seeing us strengthen, go out of the cup after extra time and throwing a lead away twice at home...not going to make you feel great.

#Slop

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just got back. Didn't actually think it was a vintage performance but the three points every week are all that matters at the moment.

Once again we were hugely reliant on Dack going forward. I thought Conway, Samuel, Bennett and Graham were poor.

Terrible mistake for their goal by Charlie at a time when up to that point they hadn't really threatened.

Nyambe was sensational first half. Crucial contribution from Smallwood at a late stage when we were floundering slightly. You won't get that off a JLo.

In the top two for the first time this season? As the fans were singing: "Wigan Athletic - we're coming for you."

We can play a lot better than that (hopefully) but great result. Onwards and upwards.

Nyambe was a bit slower in the second half but that could be down to carrying cole round in his pocket.

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

Onward and upwards.

Team spirit has been there all season and Rovers have tweeted a pic that show their team spirit the players have. 

Mowbray has shown why I backed him completely after some fans wanted a change. Mowbray has rebuild the club playing squad and got fans being proud of the players, Manager and club again. There is a real buzz around the club again

43 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Are Chaddy and Gav the same person? They always appear together.

More insults yet again. 

Archived