BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cheap Ticket Games

Bump

First game of the final 6 home games for £90 on Sunday. I've taken the plunge and delayed returning to France in order to hopefully see us go up.

It's good value and it would be great to see many of the 'away only' fans help recreate the atmosphere we've seen on the road at Ewood.

'Mowbray had a dream.....' bouncing round the ground sure as hell would be better than a muted 'Barmy Army'!

I'm well aware of the issues and the 'principles' etc but I firmly believe that WE could be the twelfth man, particularly on Sunday. An additional few thousand would make all the difference.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Bump

First game of the final 6 home games for £90 on Sunday. I've taken the plunge and delayed returning to France in order to hopefully see us go up.

It's good value and it would be great to see many of the 'away only' fans help recreate the atmosphere we've seen on the road at Ewood.

'Mowbray had a dream.....' bouncing round the ground sure as hell would be better than a muted 'Barmy Army'!

I'm well aware of the issues and the 'principles' etc but I firmly believe that WE could be the twelfth man, particularly on Sunday. An additional few thousand would make all the difference.

Make it a free bar for  two hours before kick off in all the Home ends and you ll get the fans in and bouncing and singing  like an Away game !

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Make it a free bar for  two hours before kick off in all the Home ends and you ll get the fans in and bouncing and singing  like an Away game !

I've clearly never been to the same away games as you Howie, ale's always ranged between £3 and £4 a pint wherever I've been!

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

I've clearly never been to the same away games as you Howie, ale's always ranged between £3 and £4 a pint wherever I've been!

Exactly  DR.. my point  is get everyone pi55ed up like the majority of fans who make an away game an "alldayer" and then  let themselves go and create an atmosphere ...:lol:..dont drop the price of a ticket ..give them something instead .

Free alcohol will always get the masses through the door ..keep ticket prices the same ..they ll be back in droves ..make it for select important games of course !

For the bean counters, making either Southend or Peterborough £5 games depending on how close to promotion we are when they are played is a no brainer.

Let's assume 5,000 walk-ons pay £20 less = £100K lost ie I am assuming the biggest gate of the season -more than 15,500- turning up at Ewood anyway without any new price promotion. If the gate is boosted by 5,000 = £25k then another 1,200 who decide to go to the Oxford promotion party who wouldn't have done otherwise = £35k extra plus perhaps 200 additional season tickets are sold = £30k. Add those up and the £100k is recouped.

I think those numbers are low and the £100K income forgone from walk-ons number could easily yield a return of two times on the "investment" and more if the gate is 25,000 which is my forecast.

Free alcohol will never happen- the club would open itself to all kinds of health and safety issues and potential law suits.

Archived