BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cheap Ticket Games

How about the Club having a couple of cheap ticket games to create a better atmosphere and roar this team to promotion?

We won't get anywhere near the 29,000 that turned out during the Souness promotion year v Huddersfield but I'm sure an extra 3/4 thousand home fans would go a long way in helping the team.

How about the local games...Blackpool/Bury/Oldham and the huge one against Wigan.

There was a noticeable improvement in the atmosphere today,the feel good factor is returning (to an extent) and the club need to capitalize on it.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

How about the Club having a couple of cheap ticket games to create a better atmosphere and roar this team to promotion?

We won't get anywhere near the 29,000 that turned out during the Souness promotion year v Huddersfield but I'm sure an extra 3/4 thousand home fans would go a long way in helping the team.

How about the local games...Blackpool/Bury/Oldham and the huge one against Wigan.

There was a noticeable improvement in the atmosphere today,the feel good factor is returning (to an extent) and the club need to capitalize on it.

I agree with you but half ST's  are still on sale so they won't do it yet. Maybe in a few weeks time they might.

We don't need to discount Wigan but I'd give cheap tickets for the Northampton and Walsall games on the Saturday/Tuesday coming up at the month end and a voucher for the televised Bury game if people buy tickets for those two games combined.  

I think we'll do something near the end of the season if we're still in this position.

I like the thought of doing something with the wigan game though, £10 promotional offer for the darwen end lower. Stick the pie eaters in the upper tier and charge them full whack.

I think they should do something in February with reduced tickets as it's an expensive do travelling to Plymouth , Portsmouth and Wimbledon in the space of a few weeks especially with it being the first wage after xmas. If there is a home game sandwiched between maybe look at them for offers

4 hours ago, philipl said:

We don't need to discount Wigan but I'd give cheap tickets for the Northampton and Walsall games on the Saturday/Tuesday coming up at the month end and a voucher for the televised Bury game if people buy tickets for those two games combined.  

Still think they should try and ram the ground for Wigan it's potentially a massive one and we still owe them for their goading the night we got relegated from the Prem so a big crowd with the opposite type of atmosphere would be nice.

Good idea on the other games with the Bury voucher last thing we need is an eerie sub 10k in the ground for some fixture moved by SKY.

11 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I think we'll do something near the end of the season if we're still in this position.

I like the thought of doing something with the wigan game though, £10 promotional offer for the darwen end lower. Stick the pie eaters in the upper tier and charge them full whack.

you cant charge away fans more than home fans EFL regs 34.2.8, only thing you can do is like some teams do is have a membership scheme and give members a discount fleetwood do that home members £17.00 non members £22.00 thats how they charge us and every other visiting fans £22.00 to stand up.

14 hours ago, Beta Ray Bill said:

Wigan at home on the Sunday.  £10 a ticket in Darwen End.  Get more Rovers fans there than Pie eaters. 

£20 in rest of the ground.

And a £10 off voucher for another match.

Good idea. Stick the pie eaters up in the DE Upper Tier away from the pitch, charge them the same as they charged us at their place, they'll bring 2,500 max. 

Then open the DE lower tier fully to home fans and charge £10 a ticket and £5 for concessions and aim to match the BBE behind both goals.

1 hour ago, had.e.nuff said:

you cant charge away fans more than home fans EFL regs 34.2.8, only thing you can do is like some teams do is have a membership scheme and give members a discount fleetwood do that home members £17.00 non members £22.00 thats how they charge us and every other visiting fans £22.00 to stand up.

All about corresponding areas. Leeds and Ipswich charge away fans astronomical prices by housing them in the upper tiers along the side of the pitch so can charge them full whack, whereas behind the goals home fans are charged a fraction.

That's why I keep suggesting dumping away fans in the DE upper tier because that would enable us to charge them more without needing to increase home ticket prices. We could introduce a new pricing scheme where it is substantially more to sit in the upper tiers of the BE and DE. 

Nothing stopping us apart from Rovers don't want to do it, either because nobody has the sense to/can be bothered to or because they don't want to upset opposition clubs. 

1 hour ago, had.e.nuff said:

Also have a number of games a season that can be used as 'promotions' which enable home fans to be charged less. Birmingham and Huddersfield had £5 adult tickets in the Championship whilst Rovers fans were done at £20.

Personally think clubs should work together, like when Rovers and Bolton has that reciprocal agreement to charge each other £15.

Better than all this tit for tat stuff. I thought Saturday’s atmosphere was all the better for having 1400 Shrewsbury fans there instead of 400.

Pretty obvious why they have done it.

2 reasons...

1, They think with it being a local game and a good while since we have played them in the league that they will bring a couple of thousand (they won't).

2, They think that with our good form people won't mind paying a bit more to see a winning team, and will come regardless if it's £22, £24 or £26 (they won't).

Although as season ticket holders we do get good value, someone, somewhere is still pretty out of touch when it comes to match day ticketing prices.

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:43, MarkBRFC said:

Pretty obvious why they have done it.

2 reasons...

1, They think with it being a local game and a good while since we have played them in the league that they will bring a couple of thousand (they won't).

2, They think that with our good form people won't mind paying a bit more to see a winning team, and will come regardless if it's £22, £24 or £26 (they won't).

Although as season ticket holders we do get good value, someone, somewhere is still pretty out of touch when it comes to match day ticketing prices.

I would think the ST prices are at the upper end in this league now having been at the cheaper end in the Champ. No problem with that as they still are good value and it'll help the finances balance if matchday costs have come down a bit but yes matchday prices won't pull many extras in at the moment.

Archived