SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Message to Venky's

philipl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, philipl said:

Hey guys that was not a judgemental post.

But it is factually correct.

Perhaps you could explain why it is factually correct?

I had always thought you were 'In the know' with respect to the Anderson era and the early events of Venky's ownership.

Now you are thanking Venky's in this thread's opening post and claiming the snowball is significant in their subsequent behavior .   What's up?

19 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

The Venky bus of ruin and neglect was well on the road long before the snowball.  

The snowball forced it to crash over the cliff.

It caused two of the four owners to turn their back on the club and withdraw funding.

Just my opinion of events of course.

44 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

It caused two of the four owners to turn their back on the club and withdraw funding.

The sales of a multitude of players and the appointment of Coyle pushed it finally over the cliff. That seemed to coincide with the pending end of the borrowed against up front parachute payments and it was a good while after that minor incident.

I think it's as simple as  their source of funding with whatever financial institution was running dry so they probably had to plug some holes then restructure it. There was things going on in the VH empire at the same time as Dunnfc pointed out when he posted some financial stuff, other investors in the parent company getting brassed off possibly because too much was being spewed on the football club with little return.

Also i think some evidence that they personally were paying the wages or something like that at one point , for me it all simply points to the BOI or whoever getting the jitters and slamming the brakes on before it went bang. With that in mind i think the last set of VH accounts said they were looking to spend a period cutting debt and bringing finances into line across the group so the audit here might tally with that.

I genuinely think if that snowball had the effect some try to make out there would have been a hell of a knee jerk reaction. They held onto Rhodes ss long as poss, sacked the guy who was making them players to sell and appointed Lambert and an experienced and probably expensive back room staff so it was a hell of a delayed reaction to that bit of snow.

2 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

But they didn't withdraw funding. After the 'snowball incident' (January 2013) there was a period of 2.5 years in which they supported Gary Bowyer, retained Jordan Rhodes, continued to allow the debt to mount up at £20-30 million a year.

The turning point was the summer of 2015 - the evidence for that is a number of rumours and events which indicated a fundamental change in approach.

- Bowyer not being invited out to India for his end of season chat

- Claims that the only staff member to go to India was Cheston for a financial discussion

- The sudden and unexpected sale of Tom Cairney to a rival (strong sources tell me that Bowyer was completely unaware of the sale until it was too late)

- Talk of Shadow Man Suhail lurking in the background (this was the first I had heard of the bloke and don't recall any previous mention of him being involved at the club)

-Early season speculation of Bowyer being on thin ice having previously been popular with Madame - rumours of him being sacked following the Brighton away game

-Eventual sacking of Bowyer by persons unknown despite Bowyer making them millions in player sales

-Surprise appointment of Paul Lambert, Alan Irvine and Rob Kelly in stark contrast to 5 years of Kean, Berg, Appleton and Bowyer

-Departures of Derek Shaw and Alan Myers leaving Cheston the money man as the only one left

Forget the snow ball incident. Things changed during 2015.

Reason for this was one of two things -

1) Madame and her hubby had got fed up by this point and were cutting back their involvement/investment and leaving it to others (Balaji and his boys) to run - hence the arrival of Balaji's buddy to do his bidding.

2) Lenders , mainly the Bank of India, were getting fed up with chucking £20 million in every year and applied pressure on them in India to change track - hence the arrival of a trusted henchman to oversee the operation and report directly back to them on what was happening.

It seems whoever is calling the shots these days at the very least has the sense to understand the importance of appointing experienced managers. No coincidence that Lambert, Coyle and Mowbray have all had promotions during their careers whilst Warnock and Jokanovic were also heavily linked. Ironic really that the change in track we've seen following the severe belt tightening has also come with a run of appointing experienced managers rather than unnecessary gambles on rookies seen earlier on.

• Moderation Lead

Looking at the title of the thread I just had The Specials- A message to you Rudy going around my head. So with that in mind, 'stop your messing around, time to think of OUR future' (slight amendment).

48 minutes ago, JHRover said:

2) Lenders , mainly the Bank of India, were getting fed up with chucking £20 million in every year and applied pressure on them in India to change track - hence the arrival of a trusted henchman to oversee the operation and report directly back to them on what was happening.

Key part is this. The Snowball thing didn’t impact anything for me, not that I didn’t think it was a stupid act. If it did have one impact it probably told them not to come and watch matches.

In terms of finance - I think you make a key point about the change of tact summer 15 relating to finance as opposed to an ice ball.

By summer 15, the “chickens came home to roost” (how I hate poultry analogies) as debt was spiralling out of control, income had dropped to new lows and our monthly deficit was likely eye watering. Not that I absolve them of blame, I can understand a decision to say “whoa, this needs to stop”.. either for their own personal reasons or on the advice of lenders.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Never trust a Venky.

One of the world’s antibiotics of last resort is being sold to bulk up chickens by the Indian company that owns Blackburn Rovers:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/last-ditch-antibiotic-colistin-used-by-venky-s-to-make-poultry-grow-quicker-bdgzthgp9

They want to inject it into our back four and keeper..

15 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

Never trust a Venky.

One of the world’s antibiotics of last resort is being sold to bulk up chickens by the Indian company that owns Blackburn Rovers:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/last-ditch-antibiotic-colistin-used-by-venky-s-to-make-poultry-grow-quicker-bdgzthgp9

"Like the medicated battery hens on a Venky's chicken train-

Oh this stinking, chicken train!"  May 2012

Just saying haha

On 2/3/2018 at 05:36, Crimpshrine said:

Never trust a Venky.

Won't be the slumdogs fault that they are manufacturing and selling it, they will probably blame it on not understanding English in a contract after being approached with an idea from a just like a family member

Archived