SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Message to Venky's

philipl

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, meadows said:

I didn’t express any “affection” for any way of running a club or discuss the previous managers as that isn’t relevant to the way Wolves are currently operating, I just said it’s a relationship and situation working well and making the fans of the club quite happy at present. That doesn’t mean it will produce dividends forever. And I repeat, what Rovers fan would be unhappy at similar circumstances if it led to us being 12/13 points good for a return to the Premier League? 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/2014324-fans-parliament-minutes-march-2017/

As a barometer of how Wolves fans were feeling BEFORE a ball was kicked this season the above minutes are quite useful. 

Not like you to not "stir" things up ?, don't go changing it on how wolves fans now feel and how they're operating it well. The initial point was the practises they're operating currently and those in which venkys and Anderson conducted theirs, commenting on the parrells.

Many commented on this specifically so your appearing unable to understand the relevance. 

I digress, apologies.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

I didn’t express any “affection” for any way of running a club or discuss the previous managers as that isn’t relevant to the way Wolves are currently operating, I just said it’s a relationship and situation working well and making the fans of the club quite happy at present. That doesn’t mean it will produce dividends forever. And I repeat, what Rovers fan would be unhappy at similar circumstances if it led to us being 12/13 points good for a return to the Premier League? 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/2014324-fans-parliament-minutes-march-2017/

As a barometer of how Wolves fans were feeling BEFORE a ball was kicked this season the above minutes are quite useful. 

You held Wolves up as being some  sort of success story being agent run, but that's simply not true, it's been a disaster until the Portuguese yes man came in.

You then claim above that Rovers fans would be happy with agent ownership if that meant being 12 points clear at the top of the Championship!

Let me make this quite clear meadows:

AS A BLACKBURN ROVERS FAN I WOULD NEVER BE HAPPY WITH AGENTS RUNNING MY CLUB AGAIN, NEVER :angry:

Ridiculous comments.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You held Wolves up as being some  sort of success story being agent run, but that's simply not true, it's been a disaster until the Portuguese yes man came in.

You then claim above that Rovers fans would be happy with agent ownership if that meant being 12 points clear at the top of the Championship!

AS A BLACKBURN ROVERS FAN I WOULD NEVER BE HAPPY WITH AGENTS RUNNING MY CLUB AGAIN, NEVER :angry:

Ridiculous comments.

"again"?

Suhail, Coyle....and now talk of a return for Lowe, one of those inexperienced players, given a ridiculously fat  contract around the time, senior players were being persuaded to have their contracts paid up.....just saying!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Ridiculous comments.

If no laws, or footballing rules or regulations are being broken I really can't see the objection in principle to owners engaging agencies or individual agents to advise them. Ir's no differenr in principle to the old school managers using their favourite agents to recruit players and if you'rer using the wrong agent or agents as we appeared to be when Souness was in charge the Club is still going to be brought to its knees whilst the players and agents concerned go whistling off to the Bank.

The only thing wrong with our model is it didn 't work. The owners engaged advisors who shafted them and ripped them (and indirectly us) off at every turn.

If Wolves method of operation is permissible within the regulations then good luck to them. I'd be delighted if I was one of their fans.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

As non sequiturs go, that’s pretty fair even without the nonsense-rendering opening double negative and the neologism “parrells”

You should know better than to try and espouse common sense on here at times when if flies in the face of the prevailing opinion!

5 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Message to Venky's

Sell the club an feck off.

Yeah, right on. We are a local Club for local people. We want to be run by the the two Ian''s. (Or similar)

They've no money relatively speaking in football club ownership terms so we'll have to sell all our best players like Bradley Dack and Charlie Mulgrew and it must be highly doubtful we'll be able to meet our liabilities for long.

But that doesn't matter because they'll be Rovers fans!

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

You just need to acknowledge you got Bennett all wrong and move on. Don't let it eat away at your soul;)

Why am I wrong about Bennett when everyone is saying we need at least one or maybe even two new wingers and that he looks much better suited to playing where he played yesterday than where he 's been playing all season?

;) 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Why am I wrong about Bennett when everyone is saying we need at least one or maybe even two new wingers and that he looks much better suited to playing where he played yesterday than where he 's been playing all season?

;) 

Ah, so you thought he was a good player playing out of position?:)

14 hours ago, philipl said:

3) Thanks for continuing to put the money in now the club is on very hard times three levels below where we would have been without being destroyed by the agents. Yes you have lost money through bad advice and your own misjudgements but all credit to you for keeping us solvent now.

Oh yeah, 7 years of arrogance, ignorance and treating Blackburn Rovers like some lowly underclass. 7 years of demolishing a proud football club and ignoring the fans, flogging every saleable asset and never once apologising or communicating in any way - Thanks for that!!

58 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If no laws, or footballing rules or regulations are being broken I really can't see the objection in principle to owners engaging agencies or individual agents to advise them. Ir's no differenr in principle to the old school managers using their favourite agents to recruit players and if you'rer using the wrong agent or agents as we appeared to be when Souness was in charge the Club is still going to be brought to its knees whilst the players and agents concerned go whistling off to the Bank.

The only thing wrong with our model is it didn 't work. The owners engaged advisors who shafted them and ripped them (and indirectly us) off at every turn.

If Wolves method of operation is permissible within the regulations then good luck to them. I'd be delighted if I was one of their fans.

That post doesn't surprise me Simon, I tend to learn from mistakes, that's where we are different I guess.

13 hours ago, philipl said:

1) Hope you enjoyed yesterday's match. That is what a real football match with real fans is all about with the promise of plenty more to come over the next 20 games

2) I hope you can see why appointing an agent to run a football club doesn't work. THEY ARE USELESS! At any level of football, you have very fit athletes and experienced coaches who know what is not a terribly complicated game inside out. Margins are fine and anything less than 100% commitment results in bad results. Agents are at least 50% committed to their own pockets, not to the owners and not to the football club they are running. Been a hard lesson for you to learn and excruciating for us fans watching you learn it.

3) Thanks for continuing to put the money in now the club is on very hard times three levels below where we would have been without being destroyed by the agents. Yes you have lost money through bad advice and your own misjudgements but all credit to you for keeping us solvent now.

Well said Philip, especially para 3. Yes,the situation we are in is of the owners making but I don't think the owners get enough credit for carrying the debt and continuing to fund us. Whilst the morally correct thing to do is to put us back in the position they found us, from a purely coldhearted business perspective the thing to do would have been to acknowledge things hadn't worked, wash their hands of us, and leave us to go bust some time ago.

I would add para 4.

4) "It seems from the outside that the Club has been run on much more sensible lines since we were relegated and you seem to have found the secret to succeeding, sticking with a good manager and footballing man backing him with the funding needed to be competitive at the top of the division. You don't need agents trying to foist their clients on you, or global advisors or silver tongued Chief Executives making false claims about their prowess in the transfer market or being paid the thick end of a million quid a year to announce there's no money in the transfer kitty. Hopefully we will achieve our goal of promotion this season and the process can be repeated next although the investment required to challenge for promotion to the Premier League is likely to be far more substantial. I hope you will nevertheless see that and the sense of achievement and satisfaction that would be genetated as potentially worthwhile."

6 hours ago, Gav said:

oh yes and a message to Venkys:

The sooner you **** off the better.

Are you not being slightly duplicitous for on the one hand chastising certain posters for not enjoying the limited success which has come our way so far this season and on the other hand inviting the owners to go forth and multiply?

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are you not being slightly duplicitous for on the one hand chastising certain posters for not enjoying the limited success which has come our way so far this season and on the other hand inviting the owners to go forth and multiply?

Not sure which posters I'm chastising? 

But I'm feeling slightly incredulous that our fortunes are on the increase Simon :D and until the Indians are chased out of Dodge we'll achieve nowt!

But the current run is better than being relegated I guess.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's a little ball of confusion.

12 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yeah, right on. We are a local Club for local people. We want to be run by the the two Ian''s. (Or similar)

They've no money relatively speaking in football club ownership terms so we'll have to sell all our best players like Bradley Dack and Charlie Mulgrew and it must be highly doubtful we'll be able to meet our liabilities for long.

But that doesn't matter because they'll be Rovers fans!

Where does he say that?

Archived