BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

GOAL 'MUSIC'

Before someone pipes up and says ‘who cares’, ‘always need something to whinge about’ etc etc,.

Of course it doesn’t REALLY matter, but it is just completely pointless. After we’ve scored is the one time in the game you are guaranteed an atmosphere, so why bother with blaring music?

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Boaty said:

In defence to the club this has only started to happen since the atmosphere has become non existent. 

So why play it at the moment fans actually DO make noise? Counterintuitive to create noise that drowns out the only noise fans may make.

• Like 3

On the subject of atmosphere, there needs to be an improvement to the entrance music, and how the stadium speaker announces the teams’ entering the pitch. Bradford’s tannoy announcer was fantastic earlier on in the season- it really got the home fans ‘up for it’. He sounded more like a fan, rather than someone there, because it’s £9 an hour. Their music was far more dramatic too, than the rubbish we play...

I thought the tannoy announcer was a bit better against Shrewsbury. Not brilliant but he tried to whip up the crowd a bit.

On ‎17‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:35, S8 & Blue said:

I've only gone and ruddy bloody tweeted one of the media & communications guys. Got it off my chest at least.

-edit- 

Remind me to hold him to this

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 17.36.42.png

Did you get a reply?

Shut the Darwen End to Rovers fans and reloacate the few hundred to the end blocks of the DE side of the Jack Walker, like they often do if the away fans get the whole DE anyway. 

Makes much more sense than having 500 fans scattered across the Darwen End, with the singers miles away from the away fans.

The sound quality is poor on this video but this is the only goal music that I'd advocate. I watched a Feyenoord game a couple of years ago when I was in Rotterdam for the weekend with my ex Mrs and the 30 odd thousand singing a long to this sounded amazing at the time. Not sure it would go down well at Ewood though :lol: 

Edited by Butty

Well, it’s a start.

We need to put a poll up I reckon to gauge the true popularity of goal music - decent sample size on here.

I will not rest. Be the change you want to see in this world. Feel a bit like a young Mandela tbh

5505CEDD-50FD-4E07-A0C8-F52D32215478.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well, it’s a start.

We need to put a poll up I reckon to gauge the true popularity of goal music - decent sample size on here.

I will not rest. Be the change you want to see in this world. Feel a bit like a young Mandela tbh

Have I got this right?

The Rovers media & communications guy 'thinks' the music played when a goal is scored is outsourced?

Keeping well clear of how that is actually possible IT wise and why ffs.

Presumably it is handled by the same outfit who do all music and announcements at Ewood on a matchday.

How is their identity not known to M&C Dept, how is that even possible?

I am not asking for answers, just baffled why something easy is made so hard.

I think it will be Invisible Suhail with a Transitor radio including casette deck, battery operated with one casette.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Well, it’s a start.

He now thinks you want to replace '7 Nation Army' with 'I have A Dream' by Abba when we score. I'm more of a 'Dancing Queen' kind of guy.

Good on you for asking, and I'm glad others have mentioned it. There'll be a statue of you one day somewhere in the world. 'Mandela':D

MLK - what he actually said:-

I have a dream....one day right there in Blackburn little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers and sing 'e-i-e-I-e-I-o up the football league we go' instead of being aurally assaulted by some overplayed cod-blues stolen from the Mississippi Delta by the racially segregated hate group The White Stripes.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Have I got this right?

The Rovers media & communications guy 'thinks' the music played when a goal is scored is outsourced?

Keeping well clear of how that is actually possible IT wise and why ffs.

Presumably it is handled by the same outfit who do all music and announcements at Ewood on a matchday.

How is their identity not known to M&C Dept, how is that even possible?

I am not asking for answers, just baffled why something easy is made so hard.

I think it will be Invisible Suhail with a Transitor radio including casette deck, battery operated with one casette.

Outsourcing goal music. PFI gone mad. Carillion will have their hand in it somewhere.

I'm liking the idea of Suhail being involved. Will he be in the trees on the Riverside hill?

• Like 2