BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Talk of a Norwich bid. Would you stick or twist. If the latter at what price? Can't see TM being willing to sell but will the Venkys capitulate? Be good if Dack came out and said "I'm going nowhere"

There hasn't even been talk of a Norwich bid.There was a couple of lines in the paper saying Norwich eyeing up Dack.No mention of figures.Norwich wouldn't be able to afford what we would want for him 

For it even to be slightly viable (I'd guess it's not even on the cards, and just lazy journalism) we should be talking of the lions share of the £11million they've just received.

Speculating here, but I'd wager that they'd also need to offer him the sort of contract that Pritchard was on to turn Bradley's head. Can't see it happening for this alone.

2 hours ago, dallydally said:

Talk of a Norwich bid. Would you stick or twist. If the latter at what price? Can't see TM being willing to sell but will the Venkys capitulate? Be good if Dack came out and said "I'm going nowhere"

It's just some bollux on the internet. There's not the slightest suggestion the player wants to move or we have any interest in selling.

Hypothetically, if the player was desperate to move, then we'd have to be asking Norwich to hand over the 14m they received for Pritchard.

• 3 months later...

I believe Norwich are going to have to get rid of their big earners in summer, all because of their failure to return to the Premier League. The chances are, their manager will be gone too- they’ve massively underachieved in their own eyes.

Therefore, if the Dack story is true, their current manager is unlikely to be around long enough to put in an offer. If he stays, I cant see them paying out £6-£7 million for Dack, like we did for Rhodes are those years back. 

1 hour ago, scotchrover said:

I believe Norwich are going to have to get rid of their big earners in summer, all because of their failure to return to the Premier League. The chances are, their manager will be gone too- they’ve massively underachieved in their own eyes.

Therefore, if the Dack story is true, their current manager is unlikely to be around long enough to put in an offer. If he stays, I cant see them paying out £6-£7 million for Dack, like we did for Rhodes are those years back. 

I suspect some key players will including James Maddison will be sold.  Linked with 18 million pounds move to Leicester..

I guess Norwich Director of football will decide their head coach future

I dont see Dack going there anyway..

43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't consider any offers less than 15 million. He is our main man and we are half the team without him 

Agree completely.

Only entertain the idea if:

i) The bid is big enough to mean that we can comfortably bring in 4-5 players of a good calibre 

&

ii) we actually get to spend that money.

£15 million sounds about right for that, wouldn't consider anything significantly less. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I wouldn't consider any offers less than 15 million. He is our main man and we are half the team without him 

Far better for Dack to test himself in the Championship with us who he knows than start afresh with a new Club and manager.

If he succeeds the maybe the PL bids will come, better for all.

Get promoted and give him a new contract.

• Like 1

• Backroom

One of Venky's few positives points is that they, for the most part, have insisted on getting decent market value for our players. Obviously there are some exceptions - N'Zonzi & Cairney for example - but I would expect them to demand a pretty hefty fee for Dack should any interest arise.