BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He will be here till January at least let's just keep putting points on the board and see where we are when January comes around.Be a bit stupid to sell your talisman for 10 million and then go out and buy a talent but at the same time it's potential it is a gamble for 6 million just so you could pocket 4 million

Dack could be the new Jordan Rhodes for Nixon next week it will be Wigan's new owners are ready to bankroll a move for Dack

But in fairness we all know Dack won't be here forever unless we get promoted or are at least challenging if a premier league club comes in for him he prob ably will want to move 

I think we will get this season. Depending on where we finish may dictate.  If its lower end, think he'll be off.  If we are around the play offs, we may get another season.  Also have to factor in Venkys being stubborn sellers - with players they like (Rhodes).

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not sure he's at that level yet. It would be a gamble for them but £10 million is nothing these days for Premier League teams. When you look at what the Dingles have been paying for average Championship players he's got to be worth more than that. English Creative attacking game changers are rare in British Football.

43 minutes ago, Kamy100 said:

A good season for Dack (and I think he will stay at Rovers this season, barring someone offering crazy money for him in January) will see his value skyrocket to £20 million plus, as per what Leicester paid Leicester paid for James Maddison after he had good season for Norwich. 

IF Dack plays as amazing as we know he can, we could be back to the promised land of the prem ourselves. In place of that shower down the road. 

Dare to dream? 

• Like 1

Even for the Venkies it would be absolute madness to cash him in for 10 million. A season or two tearing up this league and he will fall in the 30+ bracket the way way fees have been going in recent years. Either a relegated PL team will pick him up using parachute payments in a bid to go straight back up or a mid to lower PL team will take a chance on him in the same way as that James Maddison.

Still, IF we (and the owners) were to show the ambition to get up ourselves in a season or too, he might just get there with us.

I hate a friend of a friend stories, but a colleague recently bumped into former Rover Kevin Stonehouse now a scout at Newcastle. Obviously they got chatting about all things Rovers and Dack was mentioned as one that Newcastle are keeping a close eye on (No doubt scouts of a few Premier and Upper Championship Clubs are).

I have said before and still think Dack will become our biggest outgoing transfer at some point. The lad has the natural talent that can't be taught. He looks as though the step up to Championship is going to be a smooth one. People will no doubt be looking at whether he can step up another level.

All we can do for now is enjoy watching him and hope that he can meet his ambitions at Rovers for a while longer.

35 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Even for the Venkies it would be absolute madness to cash him in for 10 million. A season or two tearing up this league and he will fall in the 30+ bracket the way way fees have been going in recent years. Either a relegated PL team will pick him up using parachute payments in a bid to go straight back up or a mid to lower PL team will take a chance on him in the same way as that James Maddison.

Still, IF we (and the owners) were to show the ambition to get up ourselves in a season or too, he might just get there with us.

It wouldn't make sense to buy a talent but unproven  in Brererton for 6 million then sell our beat player in Dack for just 4 million.If he goes it will be for more than 10 mill

One thing Dack has that a lot of others with similar technical ability don’t - that strength to hold off players using his hips. It makes it really hard to get the ball off him. Then he will take a touch and escape out the other side.

I could see him in a West Ham shirt though before a Newcastle one. He isn’t a modern top four player though as he isn’t athletic enough. Otherwise he might have been a Liverpool option. I’d hate to see him go to Leicester.

He’s a real ‘throw back’ footballer.

A3FE29DB-98FD-4300-9E62-7C0A0B9F3B4F.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

One thing Dack has that a lot of others with similar technical ability don’t - that strength to hold off players using his hips. It makes it really hard to get the ball off him. Then he will take a touch and escape out the other side.

I could see him in a West Ham shirt though before a Newcastle one. He isn’t a modern top four player though as he isn’t athletic enough. Otherwise he might have been a Liverpool option. I’d hate to see him go to Leicester.

He’s a real ‘throw back’ footballer.

Agreed Stuart. His real strength is his physical strength. He gives defenders a bit of their own and he surprises them by how difficult he is to get off the ball. Plenty of technically good footballers around, not too many with the technique and strength, particularly in the lower leagues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not sure he's at that level yet. It would be a gamble for them but £10 million is nothing these days for Premier League teams. When you look at what the Dingles have been paying for average Championship players he's got to be worth more than that. Creative attacking game changers are rare in British Football.

Agree with that.  I don't think he is at that level and have doubts he ever will be.  Don't get me wrong, he certainly has vision and can pick a pass, his ball control is very good and defenders find it difficult to rob him of the ball but the one thing he has not got is that explosive pace over the first 5 yards and that cannot be coached into him.  At premiership level against quicker and better defenders, I have my doubts.  Hope I am proved wrong for his sake.