BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

I try and think about who I would rather have to give me an idea of his potential ability and value...

I might be deluded, but there’s some pretty average-ish players up there in his position... plus he’s English, so...

Lallana? Nah...

Loftus-Cheek? Nah...

3 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Agree with that.  I don't think he is at that level and have doubts he ever will be.  Don't get me wrong, he certainly has vision and can pick a pass, his ball control is very good and defenders find it difficult to rob him of the ball but the one thing he has not got is that explosive pace over the first 5 yards and that cannot be coached into him.  At premiership level against quicker and better defenders, I have my doubts.  Hope I am proved wrong for his sake.

He's got a very good change of pace though, and he knows when to use it. He can slow opponents down and then go past them. That's ok when you're picking the ball up in the areas he plays in. Granted he won't win a lot of 25 yard sprints against the top defenders.

Why Leicester would want him I am not so sure. One of their main summer signings was Maddison and he is younger, had a proven Championship goalscoring pedigree in that position and is on the fringes of the England squad. Dack would see his path blocked by him.

Obviously goes without saying that we shouldnt sell soon and not in general until if and when he downs tools and digs his heels in.

Hope hes back fit soon.

8 minutes ago, 4000Holes said:

Agree with that.  I don't think he is at that level and have doubts he ever will be.  Don't get me wrong, he certainly has vision and can pick a pass, his ball control is very good and defenders find it difficult to rob him of the ball but the one thing he has not got is that explosive pace over the first 5 yards and that cannot be coached into him.  At premiership level against quicker and better defenders, I have my doubts.  Hope I am proved wrong for his sake.

Yes and that’s why I’ve said he’ll get his chance in the PL. That stops short of saying he’ll do well in that league because he doesn’t have real pace.. 

Why would we sell him as a proven footballer for £10 million when we are spending over £6 million on Brereton who is largely unproven.

If Dack goes for anywhere under £17 million then the club may as well remain where it is right now. Ie: The Championship.

A previous comment said that they could see Dack in the Premier League in 2020. Wouldn't it be nice if he was in a Blackburn Rovers shirt.

Show some ambition and retain players of good quality. Sometimes it is better to deprive yourself of a few transfers to peak the excitement and hold on to a good proven footballer who makes the world of difference.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

So apart from being strong, great technique, scores goals, good passing, makes players around him look better

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Going back around 13 / 14 years ago i sat with a ex England player watching a player in League 1 the player was a out and out striker and had a simalar style as Dack in holding the ball and creating chances ..

One of his comments were he lacked pace for the prem ,not long after he was a prem player and scored a lot of goals ...Also roughly around the same time i sat with Tony Parkes watching another player in League 1 once again doubts were just about his pace and weight ,not long after this player was playing for a prem club and had eventualy got a England cap ..These ex  players scouted the old fashioned way and niether went to the clubs the ex pros were scouting for at the time ...I personaly have not seen enough of Dack yet in the championship to make my mind up and at the moment for a prem club to take him would be a gamble...PS the other ex pro was a left back and Tony was obviously a midfielder

Edited by den9112

Nobody wants him sold fella. We are just talking if it happens it needs to be for massive moolah. Look at Cairney, King and other players the Venkies let go for peanuts that are now worth a shed ton more.

I hope Dacky boy loves it here so much, the commeraderie and the dressing room that he would rather stick with us and take us to the promised land. Unfortunately, it does not work that way most of the time and its those above his head that might accept bids.

Ideal scenario, sell him for 120 mil so the Venksters can do one.

50 minutes ago, AdamRochina said:

id not sell him for any price, i would say to him if we are not in the prem in 2 years time you can be sold to a prem club, but hes starting something special with us here, i feel we will be promoted within a season or 2

In 2 years time he will only have 1 year left on his deal and we will get our trousers taken down. This is why I was critical of the length of term of the new deal. Hope we get him on a new, longer deal next year.