BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's got a very good change of pace though, and he knows when to use it. He can slow opponents down and then go past them. That's ok when you're picking the ball up in the areas he plays in. Granted he won't win a lot of 25 yard sprints against the top defenders.

Isn't he a bit like Gascoigne? Strong, a bit tubby, takes the ball past opponents, has an eye for the pass and scores goals. Gascoigne probably had more pace but the similarities are there.  

I know it was only a friendly but the two against Everton are two of my favourite in recent memory.  First for how he made them.look foolish and then for how they just bounced off him was memorable indeed.  Loved it.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozz said:

With an option for a fourth which was taken.

You don't take up an option for the fourth year as soon as you sign the contract. Otherwise you would just sign a four year contract not three. I think you're mistaken.

If there is an option for a fourth year in the club's favour, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but it definitely won't have activated yet and I haven't seen it reported.

Absolutely delighted to see this in the Sun which means it has no substance whatsoever.

There is an anti-Rovers thing going at present in certain quarters.

Yes Dack is immense. Probably being romantically starry eyed but got a hunch Mowbray has been given the greenlight to build a Premier League promotion winning squad around Bradley over the next two seasons which is why certain people are trying to kill this in the bud.

Dack is critical in having quality way beyond what is normally needed for a promotion push.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You don't take up an option for the fourth year as soon as you sign the contract. Otherwise you would just sign a four year contract not three. I think you're mistaken.

If there is an option for a fourth year in the club's favour, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but it definitely won't have activated yet and I haven't seen it reported.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/bradley-dack/

23-year-old joins from Gillingham on a three-year deal, with the option of a fourth, for £750,000 plus add-ons

29 minutes ago, Ozz said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams/first-team/midfielder/bradley-dack/

23-year-old joins from Gillingham on a three-year deal, with the option of a fourth, for £750,000 plus add-ons

Dack is out of contract in 2021.He signed a new 3 year contract this summer in which we gave him better money 

Both right.

Dack signed a 3 + 1 year deal last Summer.

He signed an improved 3 year deal this Summer.

If he ends up leaving on a free we’ll have 4 years out of him.

He won’t. We won’t.

I could see him leaving for £10m plus add-ons next Summer - unless we are promoted - effectively buying our his two remaining years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stuart said:

Both right.

Dack signed a 3 + 1 year deal last Summer.

He signed an improved 3 year deal this Summer.

If he ends up leaving on a free we’ll have 4 years out of him.

He won’t. We won’t.

I could see him leaving for £10m plus add-ons next Summer - unless we are promoted - effectively buying our his two remaining years.

Fully expect him to go for a lot more than that. Otherwise, exactly. I was never talking about his previous deal, just his current one, which replaces it and has had no mention of an extension.

On 25/08/2018 at 23:55, chaddyrovers said:

Just seen this. Here we go........

"may" have to consider a 10m offer soon.

"could" test his and the Club's resolve.

I.e. "might not" and "may not" either

What  a load of old cobblers if Leicester were actually interested in Dack why wouldn't they steam in before Dack penned a new deal? does this Dixon dude even know Dack recently signed a new contract? More to the point is he a genuine person or Nixon using a nom De plume?

Not even we would be stupid enough to allow a 10m release clause in his contract surely. No doubt Dack would find the lure of the Premiership and the attendant wages tempting at some point but negotiations would have to be starting around the £20m mark.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon there will be £20 million bids in for him within the next 2 windows. That will be a real test for him and us 

He'd go for that. A championship club can't turn that down. Lads special, and special players are impossible to replace, but we can't hold him back nor refuse that kind of deal in a million years.

It will be summer at least though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I reckon there will be £20 million bids in for him within the next 2 windows. That will be a real test for him and us 

Yep I agree, I'd argue that as of now he is a £12 million category player if his form continues to improve at his currant rate he will end up being our record sale of that I have no doubt.

Edited by pk1875
  • Like 1

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

He'd go for that. A championship club can't turn that down. Lads special, and special players are impossible to replace, but we can't hold him back nor refuse that kind of deal in a million years.

It will be summer at least though.

Fulham and Villa turned down even larger bids for Cairney and Grealish respectively. Undoubtedly Cairney was off if they didn't go up and I would say its the same for Grealish, in fact I am surprised he is still there. We should be able to get through January without selling him, next summer will be a different story. We pretty much need to go up in the next 2 seasons to have any chance of keeping Dack I reckon. Then again if he keeps going as he is up until January, we could have some serious bids then. £20 million would be hard to turn down. It would be a sad day though, the lad is special and you don't get players like him in your team too often 

Are Premier League clubs going to bid that for someone with only a handful of games in the Championship? Think they'll wait and see myself. He's 24 and has played 3 games above League One. We can all see he's a class act but other clubs might not see it to go that high on figures.

Cairney had excelled with Fulham and done well with us and I don't recall bids going that high for him. Interesting though that Fulham resisted and kept hold of him and then reaped the rewards of that as he captained them to promotion. So it isn't the foregone conclusion that some would suggest.

12 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

If Dack keeps his form up until January, then I can easily see a number of teams battling relegation going for him. Being a native English speaker, I wonder if he's right up Dyche's street. ?

I am sure that would go down well. 

Actually, who was the last player to move directly in either direction?