BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Bid been rejected and I cant see Venkys selling him any time soon. 

Plus we don't know if Dack wants to leave either. Playing his best football under Mowbray why risk going somewhere else and risk not being the player he is here and playing for a good manager like Mowbray

Bid rejected so far yes and I hope it stays that way if they come in with 20 million too.

We will never know but wages could come into play, he would likely double his money what he earning here. He obviously loves it here but footballers are (well some) are ambitious and want to earn as much as they can from their short careers. 

Anyhow, lets hope the lad is still our player come the deadline as the good morale around the club could completely deflate.

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bid been rejected and I cant see Venkys selling him any time soon. 

Plus we don't know if Dack wants to leave either. Playing his best football under Mowbray why risk going somewhere else and risk not being the player he is here and playing for a good manager like Mowbray

Exactly, one thing moving to the Premiership, another moving to an unproven Championship team and an unproven manager full stop 

7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bid rejected so far yes and I hope it stays that way if they come in with 20 million too.

We will never know but wages could come into play, he would likely double his money what he earning here. He obviously loves it here but footballers are (well some) are ambitious and want to earn as much as they can from their short careers. 

Anyhow, lets hope the lad is still our player come the deadline as the good morale around the club could completely deflate.

I'm very relaxed and confident he will be here. 

Good point about wages but players need to playing and for a manager who bring the best out of you as a player. Look at Gallagher who is on 24k a week but not playing 1st team football and just wasting away. Young players need to be playing. 

If this 15 million pound bid is indeed West Brom I can't help but think Bradley will be thinking why the hell would I go to another championship club who are below in the league. If it was a prem team then his mindset would be different. It's not the step up he would want. It would be a sideways at best step. Sure brad can see that.

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm very relaxed and confident he will be here. 

Good point about wages but players need to playing and for a manager who bring the best out of you as a player. Look at Gallagher who is on 24k a week but not playing 1st team football and just wasting away. Young players need to be playing. 

You think they would spend 15+ on him and not play him? Even if so he would quickly show in his short spells that he should be.

I am quietly confident myself as this is completely the wrong time to be trying to steal our best player. We have no chance to reinvest and replace him. 

We are going to get this every transfer window now - just hope we are in the hunt for a playoff position come January.

Just now, lsp82 said:

If this 15 million pound bid is indeed West Brom I can't help but think Bradley will be thinking why the hell would I go to another championship club who are below in the league. If it was a prem team then his mindset would be different. It's not the step up he would want. It would be a sideways at best step. Sure brad can see that.

After just five matches played you can hardly use the table - a win can spring you halfway up the league at the moment and a loss in the other direction.

Wages, that's what it is mainly about. 

I agree JacknOry the table is pretty much insignificant after 5 games. My point was that they are no better than us so as you say it comes down to wages. My hope is he values team spirit and what TM is building over wages.

Just now, lsp82 said:

I agree JacknOry the table is pretty much insignificant after 5 games. My point was that they are no better than us so as you say it comes down to wages. My hope is he values team spirit and what TM is building over wages.

Not his decision ultimately. I trust him to say NO, its those muppets above him that I don't.

To be fair, I do not think this will unsettle Dack - he does seem happy here. Just hope his pesky agent doesnt keep on in his ear. 

I'd be utterly devastated with the club even if he went next year. What's the point shelling out 7 million for Brereton and then on the other hand letting your best player go.

Ryan Sessegnon stayed with Fulham in this same situation exactly a year ago! So proof that teams can hold onto their best players in the Championship. Bare in mind Fulham weren't even in with a automatic promotion slot last season too!

Why are we always the team who get picked off?

Just now, starscascade said:

I'd be utterly devastated with the club even if he went next year. What's the point shelling out 7 million for Brereton and then on the other hand letting your best player go.

Ryan Sessegnon stayed with Fulham in this same situation exactly a year ago! So proof that teams can hold onto their best players in the Championship. Bare in mind Fulham weren't even in with a automatic promotion slot last season too!

Why are we always the team who get picked off?

Thats football unfortunately. I still remember crying myself to sleep for a week after Shearer left. Was a mere kid then.

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

Positive news if a bid of £15m was rejected - shows Dack’s new contract doesn’t have a low minimum fee release clause.

We’ve been bitten by those before.

Or if it does - its more than 15million - which is wise.

• Like 1

I'd have taken 15m for Dack in the summer. Now, seeing the exciting team that TM is building, it would have to be 25m and a lot of reluctance too  because the lad is central to what we are doing. I honestly think we have an outside chance of going up this season, without him I'd say no chance.

• Like 3