BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 minutes ago, starscascade said:

I'd be utterly devastated with the club even if he went next year. What's the point shelling out 7 million for Brereton and then on the other hand letting your best player go.

Ryan Sessegnon stayed with Fulham in this same situation exactly a year ago! So proof that teams can hold onto their best players in the Championship. Bare in mind Fulham weren't even in with a automatic promotion slot last season too!

Why are we always the team who get picked off?

Ultimately it comes down to how you deal with other clubs. Fulham were clearly very serious about keeping the likes of Sessegnon and Cairney and managed to do it despite apparent interest from various Premier League clubs. They probably wouldn't have got away with that indefinitely but they managed to persuade those players to hang about for a couple of seasons to see whether they could get promoted and reach their ambitions with Fulham.

Ultimately when you start entertaining interest then it becomes a snowball effect as word gets round that we are there to negotiate and a deal can be done with some persistency. Then the player begins to wonder if he's really so important if we're prepared to discuss a transfer to a league rival.

That's what happened in the dark days of 2015-16 - it began with Cairney and continued with Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall - good players who were obviously happy at the club however when the club started selling key players off the remaining ones no longer wanted to be part of it.

Word quickly spreads as to those clubs open for business and those who are determined to resist.

2 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I'd have taken 15m for Dack in the summer. Now, seeing the exciting team that TM is building, it would have to be 25m and a lot of reluctance too  because the lad is central to what we are doing. I honestly think we have an outside chance of going up this season, without him I'd say no chance.

Let’s just keep increasing it. If they offer £25m...

761C155A-F26E-4309-84D6-2846CCB45F56.jpeg

• Like 3

The rifts such a vague rumour have caused suggest that people understandably still have no faith in Venkys holding firm and doing whats best for the club rather than themselves. Im unconvinced that theyve bid 15m.

Goes without saying that we can not sell him at this point in time. 

Also not naive enough to suggest that he is unsellable as some have suggested, or that West Brom wouldnt be a step up at this moment, regardless of current League position after 5 games.

All that said, I do reckon he will be here on Sunday, but also unfit to play a part.

Edited by roversfan99

10 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

If the rumour about Albert Adomah going to Boro is correct then I think we could well be getting a 5 minute warning before 5pm

Hopefully, but you'd assume that we've already got something agreed in principle if so. Half an hour isn't a lot to get something like this signed off otherwise!

6 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hopefully, but you'd assume that we've already got something agreed in principle if so. Half an hour isn't a lot to get something like this signed off otherwise!

Like you say you'd agree that the deal is agreed at both ends its just on Boro getting bodies in first.

Not sure what the ruling is on this deadline can you sign someone subject to a medical or is it a case of everything has to be done in principal by 5

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Like you say you'd agree that the deal is agreed at both ends its just on Boro getting bodies in first.

Not sure what the ruling is on this deadline can you sign someone subject to a medical or is it a case of everything has to be done in principal by 5

Seem to remember (though I could easily be wrong) that paperwork needs to be submitted to governing bodies with evidence that it was completed prior to 5. Maybe medicals can wait, until after then if the club chooses to waive it.

There was an issue about this last year with Leicester & Adrien Silva (once almost of this parish, unless I'm getting him confused with someone else). https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/adrien-silva-relieved-finally-complete-11779732 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Ultimately it comes down to how you deal with other clubs. Fulham were clearly very serious about keeping the likes of Sessegnon and Cairney and managed to do it despite apparent interest from various Premier League clubs. They probably wouldn't have got away with that indefinitely but they managed to persuade those players to hang about for a couple of seasons to see whether they could get promoted and reach their ambitions with Fulham.

Ultimately when you start entertaining interest then it becomes a snowball effect as word gets round that we are there to negotiate and a deal can be done with some persistency. Then the player begins to wonder if he's really so important if we're prepared to discuss a transfer to a league rival.

That's what happened in the dark days of 2015-16 - it began with Cairney and continued with Rhodes, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall - good players who were obviously happy at the club however when the club started selling key players off the remaining ones no longer wanted to be part of it.

Word quickly spreads as to those clubs open for business and those who are determined to resist.

Lucky we haven't entertained selling Dack.

To turn down a deal that could have reached 15 million(if true) is quite the statement by the club.

Along with signing some exciting up and coming British talent it's been an excellent window.Surely you agree?

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Lucky we haven't entertained selling Dack.

To turn down a deal that could have reached 15 million(if true) is quite the statement by the club.

Along with signing some exciting up and coming British talent it's been an excellent window.Surely you agree?

Exceeded expectations would be my description. An excellent window would have seen us have an array of quality proven options in every position.

Just now, JHRover said:

Exceeded expectations would be my description. An excellent window would have seen us have an array of quality proven options in every position.

Which was never going to happen.

The window has gone above exceeding expectations in my opinion. 

Would i have thought we would have turned down a 15 mill bid for any of our player's since Venkys took over?No.

The club did exactly what you wanted said "Not for sale"

Maybe give a bit of credit?I usually enjoy your posts but lately all you seem to do is slag the club off.We will be amongst the highest net spenders in the league and have kept hold of all our star men.Plenty to slag the club off over since the Venkys took over but this summer has been excellent.

• Like 6

I know where JH is coming from. We put together a quality Championship squad before and the owners sold the lot and as the final straw appointed Owen Coyle.

However, this time does feel different, the club seems to be professionally run for the first time since John Williams, they seem to have a plan from Mowbray up to the chief executive. Maybe it was because of those auditors or Waggott and Mowbray have got them bought in to this model of signing young English talent.

It all feels quite strange after a near decade of turmoil, but long may this continue, if it does who knows where it could lead...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I know where JH is coming from. We put together a quality Championship squad before and the owners sold the lot and as the final straw appointed Owen Coyle.

However, this time does feel different, the club seems to be professionally run for the first time since John Williams, they seem to have a plan from Mowbray up to the chief executive. Maybe it was because of those auditors or Waggott and Mowbray have got them bought in to this model of signing young English talent.

It all feels quite strange after a near decade of turmoil, but long may this continue, if it does who knows where it could lead...

We have been burned by signing foreign players under Venkys,(stating the obvious) but I suspect like you that the emphasis on young, British talent is clear and deliberate.

The auditors probably produced figures to show the rate of return on local players is much higher and that there is an optimum age to sign them.

I'm happy with that. At least we have a plan these days.

16 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Thats football unfortunately. I still remember crying myself to sleep for a week after Shearer left. Was a mere kid then.

And £15m then was quite different from £15m now.

More evidence the club is being better run too.

PS I remember where I was when he heard Shearer had gone; rather like people remember where they were when we beat Burnley 5-0 (?) and JFK and Diana died.

i was walking past the fitter’s workshop in the factory where I worked. Sun was shining through the roof lights. Gutted yet perversely proud that our name was attached to the world record fee. Still would rather he’d stayed. No single player has ever given me such confidence just by seeing his name on the team sheet. Legend.

• Like 2

We were on holiday in the Cotswolds. I'd just popped into a local supermarket leaving our friends in the car with the radio on.

When I came back my pal who was a Darlington fan said - " What do you want first, the good news or the bad news ? "

I said " The bad news " . He said " It's just been on the radio, Shearer's gone, but the good news is he hasn't gone to United ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They could probably double what we are paying him comfortably. Especially if they've got rid of that Chadli, he'd have been on big bucks.

Yup 30k a week would be just about double what Dack is probably on. I think any player/person would be 'open' to doubling their salary.

Just cannot see how we are going to hang on to this kid for long unless we get him on a similar wage and can show we can offer just much chance as any other in this league to get to the PL. Can see 20+ bids coming in January.

Edited by JacknOry

6 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Yup 30k a week would be just about double what Dack is probably on. I think any player/person would be 'open' to doubling their salary.

Just cannot see how we are going to hang on to this kid for long unless we get him on a similar wage and can show we can offer just much chance as any other in this league to get to the PL. Can see 20+ bids coming in January.

I'm afraid you're right. Let's just hope he doesn't get distracted by all the attention.

On 01/09/2018 at 11:28, JacknOry said:

Not any more mate. Ruled out of today’s game last week, as you may have seen he was pictured in someone’s garden with a woman who appeared, and I do apologise, appeared to be dancing. This at a point in time unspecified.

I know, the utter bastard.

I expect the club are paying his contract up as we speak. Dack will be forced to flee the country, will be leaving for Brazil this evening, assuming a new identity (shave his beard off) and will never be heard of again. If he’s lucky. World in Action will no doubt track him down in a couple of years, and demand answers to just what went wrong that fateful night.

I just hope we can all summon the courage to keep going after this news and today’s defeat. I read earlier in the other thread that another poster has not only smashed his keyboard up but has taken a bath. 

It really has been quite a day.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Not any more mate. Ruled out of today’s game last week, as you may have seen he was pictured in someone’s garden with a woman who appeared, and I do apologise, appeared to be dancing. This at a point in time unspecified.

I know, the utter bastard.

I expect the club are paying his contract up as we speak. Dack will be forced to flee the country, will be leaving for Brazil this evening, assuming a new identity (shave his beard off) and will never be heard of again. If he’s lucky. World in Action will no doubt track him down in a couple of years, and demand answers to just what went wrong that fateful night.

I just hope we can all summon the courage to keep going after this news and today’s defeat. I read earlier in the other thread that another poster has not only smashed his keyboard up but has taken a bath. 

It really has been quite a day.

He was with Teresa May?

• Like 1