BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

I assume they wouldn't just take him straight to court for the first breach?

Surely, he would have been reminded/warned that he better turn up to his community service or else...in which case, he must have ignored such warnings?

Hmmm..Is that why he wasn't playing at the weekend?

You go to court for every breach, the first two were probably in Manchester court.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Is community service (or whatever the new euphemism) still an alternative to custody or is it used more widely now?

It's not that simple. Unpaid work is a community order, which is a bracket below custody. So in reality no. The next bracket up is a suspended prison sentence, with or without conditions. So you could get 6- months in prison suspended for 12-months. Or that with probation or unpaid work, and a curfew/drug/drink rehabilitation orders etc. Dack got unpaid work. Every time you breach the order, the penalty is more onerous, so he has been given more hours. Ultimately if he doesn't do it, he can be imprisoned for up to the maximum sentence for the crime committed. Hope that explains?

53 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Take away the local hero status and the cheeky boy smile and this is just another entitled footballer who thinks rules don’t apply to them and is a blight on society. We’d better get our £20 million in Jan before he gets sent down

Not looking good is it? A right nutter this one. Wouldn't have thought he was the type TM wanted in the dressing room. Very disappointed.

I await the LTs account of this, no doubt to be confused even further.

Mind you they tend be a bit slow on this sort of thing.

Can't wait to hear the punishment handed down by Conway Mulgrew, who sound like a Scottish Legal firm or a Scottish prison warden played by Fulton Mackay. I think they will just do the bedsheet trick.

Thing is how did he pass our own much promoted fit and proper, right sort, good personality tests.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thing is how did he pass our own much promoted fit and proper, right sort, good personality tests.

Probably by being a fantastic footballer. Possibly makes people a bit blind to the other stuff...

Anyway, he doesn't seem like a bad apple sort in the sense of being an asshole or lacking commitment. It's his extra-curricular stuff that needs a lid putting on.

Definitely got to be wondering what TM makes of all this. Could force us into accepting a lesser offer for him than we would like.

His arse now needs kicking until it's too sore to sit down. New contract, probably a nice pay rise and a big price tag then in typical football brat style he starts playing up. Fooking idiots these lot no wonder Souness didn't fancy it anymore dealing with plebs like this.

Lets hope Mowbray puts his foot through him and we don't have another Uncle Gaz type environment brewing.

• Like 4

Said it before and I’ll say it again, there’s a big reason why we were the only club who took a punt on him. Needs to get his head down before he’s in the nick full time telling all his lag pals what a legend he was on the pitch back in the day. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

I am a bit confused, skim reading the thread to try and catch up.... My conclusion is Dack is moving to Brazil to escape going to Norwich or Prison (both are just as bad) and he accidentally turned up to Blackburn Magistrates without realising where Tony found him walking the halls and reminded him that he was injured and must not be doing anything too strenuous. 

What has he done? Can someone please give me a very brief insight! 

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Probably by being a fantastic footballer. Possibly makes people a bit blind to the other stuff...

Anyway, he doesn't seem like a bad apple sort in the sense of being an asshole or lacking commitment. It's his extra-curricular stuff that needs a lid putting on.

Definitely got to be wondering what TM makes of all this. Could force us into accepting a lesser offer for him than we would like.

A modern day poor man's George Best and we all know how that ended. 

Both loveable rogues with a winning cheeky smile and a liking for the 'good life'.

TM has his work cut out on this one methinks.

I hope he buckles down and behaves but do fear for him.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I’m glad nobody showed the judge the photo from Saturday. He didn’t look like someone who had a court hearing and potential custodial sentence hanging over him. Might have made his contrition look a little hollow.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m glad nobody showed the judge the photo from Saturday. He didn’t look like someone who had a court hearing and potential custodial sentence hanging over him. Might have made his contrition look a little hollow.

And he got a nice weekend off from working for Rovers.

Injured my arse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Still going on about that Stuart. Blimey you can go on

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still going on about that Stuart. Blimey you can go on

I wish it was possible to have a normal conversation with you, Chris.

Sadly, your are devoid of any depth of comprehension.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

I’m afraid our Bradley is simply a very immature young man and his career will be defined by having a manager that can keep him on the straight and narrow, he simply doesn’t seem capable of doing so by his own steam and the company he keeps.

I remember Bowyer encouraging Marshall to move out of Manchester to Hurst Green to keep  him away from temptation during the week and his performances peaked as a result. 

I hope he gets a huge fine for bringing the club into disrepute and finally learns from it, I have my doubts about the latter.

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Oh dear, stupid boy. In light of this I have to agree with Stuart, that picture now looks terrible. Whilst he may not have posted it on social media one of his friends has. And with friends like those...

It may or may not have been taken this weekend but it's all in the timing of it's release and the perception.

Time to grow up and get his priorities right.

• Moderation Lead

Seems like he's finally accepted what has gone on, so it's last chance saloon time, really. 

Failing that, he's out on his ear. Which fundamentally, will be a massive shame for more reasons than one, but I suppose rather selfishly as he's quite clearly the best player at the club.......

Edited by K-Hod