BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

25 minutes ago, 47er said:

I was thinking of Toddy being Dack's personal"mentor"!

Oh,and by the way,. please don't rely on the Daily Mail's hatchet job

Im sure you were ..

Dont really need to rely on the Daily Mail regarding Andy Todd ,its well documented elsewhere his major failings as a professional footballer.Ask Phil Brown ..

• Like 1

Hammering Phil Brown after he insulted Todds dad is a bit different imo. Toddy was an old school hard man who was probably fine as long as no one took liberties.  Brad seems to fall under the worrying snowflake label of modern players who just want to do as they please and expect someone else to clear up the mess, in short they don't particularly care for the rules then melt when they have to face up to them.

Marshall, Jake Kean, Stokes now Dack the list is endless and the clubs should deal with serial offenders  swiftly and harshly or rip up their damn contracts.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hammering Phil Brown after he insulted Todds dad is a bit different imo. Toddy was an old school hard man who was probably fine as long as no one took liberties.  Brad seems to fall under the worrying snowflake label of modern players who just want to do as they please and expect someone else to clear up the mess, in short they don't particularly care for the rules.

Marshall, Jake Kean, Stokes now Dack the list is endless and the clubs should deal with serial offenders them swiftly and harshly or rip up their damn contracts.

Rovers fans used to go on about the whole "nice family club" thing though and then they condone somebody like Todd as "old school". While I've made no secret of a colder, more cynical edge perhaps not being an altogether bad thing (though I don't think Rovers fans are capable of keeping their guard up) you don't essentially want thugs attacking their own teammates, etc. There's "no nonsense" and then there's "non physical no nonsense" attitudes to take. Maybe he ought to have challenged Brown to a fight (as if that would have been authorised but Todd could have gloated about Brown backing off) or goad him into the first punch. I think Brown was insulting his Father but Todd's assaulted people elsewhere hasn't he? Others said Dugarry deserved that kick for his attitude, etc (it wasn't exactly extreme brutality either) but I think some of it was just anti-French sentiment. 

Really sums up how stupid and short sighted the club's marketing department is when the one player to greet Condi Rice in the eyes of the world's media was Todd. He was the one in the pictures, etc anyway. Who cares if he was the captain get somebody more notable on camera. I think Hughes and Friedel were pictured as well though...

Edited by Vinjay17

1 minute ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if the club now employed a minder to physically take him to and oversee the unpaid work after training. I have zero faith he’ll “sort his head out”, he’s got to 24 earning a bomb surrounded by hot women without doing so. Sell in Jan.

Better hope he wears protection for more than one reason.

Edited by Vinjay17

Todd battered the keeper at Charlton but like I said we don't know the in's and outs about who was winding who up about what or how long it had been going on. Training ground bust ups or any bust ups within a football aren't unusual and what goes on on the training ground or in the dressing room should stay there be sorted then on you go.

Todd was obviously a bit handier than some of those around him so they came off worst, tough shit it's the real world after all not a soap opera.

The way Dack carries on it could very well turn into one though !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

What an arrogant, entitled little arsewipe. And to think the tosser was 'open' to a move to WBA even though the club has been bending over backwards to help him. Dack owes BRFC after this and I hope the little chubster gets his head down and shows some respect for a football club that is much bigger than him. And how did he not get round to do doing his community order, it's not like he's busy after lunch. T**t.

Acting like a dickhead is one thing but I don't know many people who have attacked a copper...and then failed to do the community service order that resulted from it. I take back my flippant 'tarring and feathering' comment from earlier. It's too good for him.  

Where does that come from?

Almost think at times it's better to just look at players as tools rather than people and even refer to them by their shirt numbers.

I guess that just causes more disconnection though. It's no wonder he might feel a bit inflated though when even Rovers fans drone on about selling him and "record transfer", etc. Yeah there's this thing called inflation. I don't particularly like selling players (especially when it feels like the club has been used as a stepping stone) but people going on about tags of 20 million, etc? Is he really worth that much? I wouldn't personally hesitate to take 20 million if it's put back into the squad and the FUP scum won't be able to do anything about it. What's likely to be the pinnacle of Dack's career here unless there's some major takeover? Winning promotion? People wanted Shearer to stay and win the league, European Cup, etc it's not a similar blow to the club's ambitions even in the context of what they are now. We still don't even know for sure what Dack's peak is yet. 

Edited by Vinjay17

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Hammering Phil Brown after he insulted Todds dad is a bit different imo. Toddy was an old school hard man who was probably fine as long as no one took liberties.  Brad seems to fall under the worrying snowflake label of modern players who just want to do as they please and expect someone else to clear up the mess, in short they don't particularly care for the rules then melt when they have to face up to them.

Marshall, Jake Kean, Stokes now Dack the list is endless and the clubs should deal with serial offenders  swiftly and harshly or rip up their damn contracts.

Phil Brown had it coming as far as I can tell. It was meant to be a team building trip and Brown wouldn't leave off slagging Todd over his old man resigning from the Bolton job. Todd was one of my faves during that era of Rovers. Wouldn't mind someone like him on the books today. Could be the steel to Mulgrew's silk.

• Like 3

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

Phil Brown had it coming as far as I can tell. It was meant to be a team building trip and Brown wouldn't leave off slagging Todd over his old man resigning from the Bolton job. Todd was one of my faves during that era of Rovers. Wouldn't mind someone like him on the books today. Could be the steel to Mulgrew's silk.

...I believe he's called Lenihan.

3 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

You'll not hear many who know him say a bad word about Andy Todd, Brown on the other hand..... ?

• Like 3

Just now, Give 'Em the Axe said:

I have a lot of time for Lenihan and think he'll be a future rock for club and country, but this season the evidence is there for all to see that he's still green at times.

Of course he's a bit green. Young players show that whoever they are at times. You think he should be shunted aside a couple more seasons until he's "ready" despite being one of the club's more potentially valuable assets.

The club didn't have to stand by him after his initial offence but they did. They even covered it up for him in public. Mowbray has stuck his neck out for him and he's initially repaid that by knuckling down and taking his game to the next level .

He got off lightly with just community service (he assaulted a police officer ffs!) then he didn't do his sentence. Which he's presumably lied to the club/ Mowbray about doing. He's had numerous warnings which he's just ignored.

It's real F you to the club.

This needs to be a wake-up call for the lad. He simply has to do his community or he's going to prison next time. But more than that he's needs to sort his priorities out now before he's telling some lads in a bar in  Marbella about how he could've played in the premier league and how good he was in league 1 in the 17/18 season.

Mowbray has stuck his neck out for him again and it should be the last time. Next time he gets himself in trouble he should be on his own.

We can all guess as to why he's done this. If I was Mowbray I would be asking the lad to take a long hard look at the people around him.

Edited by BlackburnEnd75
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Vinjay17 said:

Of course he's a bit green. Young players show that whoever they are at times. You think he should be shunted aside a couple more seasons until he's "ready" despite being one of the club's more potentially valuable assets.

Simply put, Lenihan has made this season have lead to goals. Todd, of his Rovers era, most likely wouldn't have made them mistakes. With me still?

Therefore, if we had someone like that I would be starting him alongside Mulgrew with Lenihan as his understudy and future successor.

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

This needs to be a wake-up call for the lad. He simply has to do his community or he's going to prison next time. But more than that he's needs to sort his priorities out now before he's telling some lads in a bar in  Marbella about how he could've played in the premier league and how good he was in league 1 in the 17/18 season.

200%. If he makes a balls of it again after this there'll be no coming back from it, I'm sure. For Rovers at any rate.

Hopefully the daft git gets the message.

• Like 1

It seems those Manc chavs he's hanging around with are a very bad influence on someone that's already a bit of a 'chirpy cockney' type.

Brad should move to Blackburn, that will help keep him on the straight and narrow. There's only ice skating to tempt him.

5 minutes ago, Husky said:

It seems those Manc chavs he's hanging around with are a very bad influence on someone that's already a bit of a 'chirpy cockney' type.

Brad should move to Blackburn, that will help keep him on the straight and narrow. There's only ice skating to tempt him.

It's not "under the dome" you know though being around Rovers fans sometimes feels like it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wish it was possible for you to move on for non event but instead you obsess with Dack posing in a pic with a woman on Saturday night whilst not in the 1st team squad due to injury

Again, you missed the subtlety that I had actually moved the discussion on. Possibly because of the way your mind works or because you couldn’t wait to get another dig in.

And it wasn’t even that subtle. My post was nothing to do with the photo but what that photo might have meant for sorry young Bradley if the judge had been made aware of it.

His character is very important in those circumstances and Mowbray has stuck his neck out for him. Hope that loyalty is repaid when the time comes for it to be tested.

• Like 2