BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Sounds like a bit of an oversight by the club to let him miss the community service he's meant to be doing. If he goes in jail and we cancel his contract, thats £5m/£15m lost from the club. He's already had 2 court appearances already before this one for not doing the hours. 

It is his own responsibility but how has no-one at the club checked he's actually turning up?

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The club should buy the Woodlands and re-open it as the players own private bar they never seemed to get into much bother when they went in there back in the day ?

Just so long as they restore the indoor bowling to it's former glory.

10 minutes ago, Husky said:

Is that a reference to 'mosque town'?

No

9 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Sounds like a bit of an oversight by the club to let him miss the community service he's meant to be doing. If he goes in jail and we cancel his contract, thats £5m/£15m lost from the club. He's already had 2 court appearances already before this one for not doing the hours. 

It is his own responsibility but how has no-one at the club checked he's actually turning up?

Wow an oversight at Ewood. There's a surprise. Lazy staff strike again. I don't want to come across as point scoring (not that I get any likes for it anyway) saying this again but MICRO MANAGEMENT. For obvious reasons you can't fire anyone else (when it's still primarily Dack's fault) but hands on management wouldn't have let it happen. Naive stupidity is what it is and it's that what gets people burned and in some past cases the sharks circling.

Edited by Vinjay17

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Part of the problem was that he hadn't told the club from what I've been told. Now that they know TM has confirmed they will make sure he turns up!

That's the problem with footballers, yes they are adults, yes they should be responsible for themselves, however they live so far outside of the 'real world' they are in essence like children. I was watching a programme the other week with Matthew Upson and Liam Rosenior, who both speak very well, and they went into detail in respect of how footballers are looked after, i.e. their bills are sorted, their appointments are sorted, their washing and ironing is sorted (all in house) they are treat like children, so subconsciously they still act like children and that is the reason so many of them go off the rails when they retire etc. This probably has something to do with why Dack hasn't complied, if the club knew he would have completed his hours undoubtedly, but because he's in such a routine of being told what to do etc, he doesn't know what to do when he has to think for himself. I am sure the club yesterday, sorted the solicitors, told him what and what not to say, got mowbray to attend etc etc

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wish it was possible for you to move on for non event but instead you obsess with Dack posing in a pic with a woman on Saturday night whilst not in the 1st team squad due to injury

I have no way of proving this, but Mowbray has to do something to make Dack realise the seriousness of the situation he is in, and the potential repercussions on his career. 

He was rumoured to being close to fitness as long ago as the Reading game yet hasn't made the bench. I suspect he's been left out over the last two games whilst this hearing was done and dusted. 

Even with what's happened at the magistrates though, I agree with you that the picture still isn't worth getting bothered about.

Just now, Hasta said:

I have no way of proving this, but Mowbray has to do something to make Dack realise the seriousness of the situation he is in, and the potential repercussions on his career. 

He was rumoured to being close to fitness as long ago as the Reading game yet hasn't made the bench. I suspect he's been left out over the last two games whilst this hearing was done and dusted. 

Even with what's happened at the magistrates though, I agree with you that the picture still isn't worth getting bothered about.

Yup. Completely in isolation of each other. A young lad having a photo taken with friends is not, in any way shape or form, going to look detrimental to him in a court case. 

Him not turning up 3 times will. I hope it was a case of childish naivety like AAK alluded to and not a case of thinking he's above the law

4 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

What an arrogant, entitled little arsewipe. And to think the tosser was 'open' to a move to WBA even though the club has been bending over backwards to help him. Dack owes BRFC after this and I hope the little chubster gets his head down and shows some respect for a football club that is much bigger than him. And how did he not get round to do doing his community order, it's not like he's busy after lunch. T**t.

Acting like a dickhead is one thing but I don't know many people who have attacked a copper...and then failed to do the community service order that resulted from it. I take back my flippant 'tarring and feathering' comment from earlier. It's too good for him.  

How do you know this?

59 minutes ago, Husky said:

It seems those Manc chavs he's hanging around with are a very bad influence on someone that's already a bit of a 'chirpy cockney' type.

Brad should move to Blackburn, that will help keep him on the straight and narrow. There's only ice skating to tempt him.

Here’s an alternate theory: the problem isn’t due to him mixing with the wrong sort, it’s that he is the wrong sort.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Part of the problem was that he hadn't told the club from what I've been told. Now that they know TM has confirmed they will make sure he turns up!

I am sure the club must have known about the assault and his need to do community service. It was public knowledge and even mentioned on this message board a few times. 

We all know that the club keeps up with BRFCS!

28 minutes ago, AAK said:

That's the problem with footballers, yes they are adults, yes they should be responsible for themselves, however they live so far outside of the 'real world' they are in essence like children. I was watching a programme the other week with Matthew Upson and Liam Rosenior, who both speak very well, and they went into detail in respect of how footballers are looked after, i.e. their bills are sorted, their appointments are sorted, their washing and ironing is sorted (all in house) they are treat like children, so subconsciously they still act like children and that is the reason so many of them go off the rails when they retire etc. This probably has something to do with why Dack hasn't complied, if the club knew he would have completed his hours undoubtedly, but because he's in such a routine of being told what to do etc, he doesn't know what to do when he has to think for himself. I am sure the club yesterday, sorted the solicitors, told him what and what not to say, got mowbray to attend etc etc

Absolutely true. I'll give you a classic mate of a mate story. The lad was employed by Premiership club as a translator, however he essentially spent his week acting like the players mums; to all of them, not just the foreign ones. They'd ring him at all hours with daft questions; how do I use the washing machine? I've run out of petrol, can you come and pick me up? Can you help me set the TV up? Really basic stuff you'd expect a teenager to be able to handle. 

Dack is a clown and should be treated accordingly. If Rich Sharpe's numbers are accurate then Dack has to average 5 hours per week to get it done in time. 1 trip per week to a school should do it.

I will say though that all this will be forgotten if he comes back, knuckles down, and plays like he can, which reminds me of a quiz I read in Viz years ago; Quiz - question 4 applies here

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

But you are agreeing with me on this one just not in the details.

The only bit missing is that you think Mowbray can stop it influencing the squad. I say... we got hammered last weekend. Possibly a total coincidence.

No. I agree with you in regards to the need for professional athletes to look after themselves. The photograph and other incidents indicate Dack isn't doing this and it could lead to the situation Egyptian Pete described.

I don't believe the photograph had any influence on the team's performance at Bristol - it seems to have been a typical Rovers performance with the difference being in this league we'll get hammered. Last season we got away with wins and draws when we only turned up for one half. Nowt to do with photographs and everything to do with the mystery of why we do it!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Is this common knowledge? Just found out bout this...

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/ex-gills-player-denies-rape-31605/

That's common knowledge yes and the case was thrown out, another money hungry slag who got pissed then regretted it and cried rape. 

With regards to Dack breaching his Cs, I'm confused, I could have sworn we issued a statement last season saying he'd completed it caring for the disabled?

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

This is part of the problem, not just in this case but for footballers more generally.

It shouldn’t be the club’s responsibility - the players should take some accountability. In the modern game it seems players don’t have any, always someone else’s fault.

Dack needs to stop and think very seriously about where he goes from here - does he have the self awareness, intelligence or people around him to do that? 

He is a very very lucky boy to have the club and Tony supporting him. Let’s hope he realizes that and strives to repay some of that loyalty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

The club didn't have to stand by him after his initial offence but they did. They even covered it up for him in public. Mowbray has stuck his neck out for him and he's initially repaid that by knuckling down and taking his game to the next level (he wa

He got off lightly with community service initially (he assaulted a police officer ffs!) then didn't do his sentence. Which he's presumably lied to the club/ Mowbray about doing. He's had numerous warnings which he's just ignored.

It's real F you to the club.

This needs to be a wake-up call for the lad. He simply has to do his community or he's going to prison next time. But more than that he's needs to sort his priorities out now before he's telling some lads in a bar in  Marbella about how he could've played in the premier league and how good he was in league 1 in the 17/18 season.

Mowbray has stuck his neck out for him again and it should be the last time. Next time he gets himself in trouble he should be on his own.

We can all guess as to why he's done this. If I was Mowbray I would be asking the lad to long hard look at the people around him.

You’re absolutely right BBE.

He has got to be told that he is at a crossroads in his career. If he wants a long one then he’s got to buckle down and listen to his manager who apparently was Perry Masonesque in court on Tuesday!(showing my age).

I can’t help wondering what his agent is doing regarding his Community Service. Surely he should be advising him?

If the threat of a custodial sentence doesn’t focus his mind then he’s a lost cause.

A lot of young fans look on Dack as a hero; it’s about time he sorted his life out.

He has apologised for his conduct which is a start. Let’s hope he concentrates on his teammates and his employer Blackburn Rovers and exhibits his talents on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, tonygreenbank said:

You’re absolutely right BBE.

He has got to be told that he is at a crossroads in his career. If he wants a long one then he’s got to buckle down and listen to his manager who apparently was Perry Masonesque in court on Tuesday!(showing my age).

I can’t help wondering what his agent is doing regarding his Community Service. Surely he should be advising him?

If the threat of a custodial sentence doesn’t focus his mind then he’s a lost cause.

A lot of young fans look on Dack as a hero; it’s about time he sorted his life out.

He has apologised for his conduct which is a start. Let’s hope he concentrates on his teammates and his employer Blackburn Rovers and exhibits his talents on the pitch.

Agents only there to help sign cheques for 10%

That said, a good one would be saying his move to a premier league club has just taken a massive step back, since nobody is taking a chance on his talent if he ends up in the slammer.

One thing today again shows, how bloody good is Tony Mowbray? 

Can you imagine Hughes or Allardyce doing that? I kind of can, but in a different way - I don’t think either of those managers could’ve had the positive impact on this club that TM has in the same situation. That’s not an argument about who’s better, I’m just unsurprised to see Mowbray deal with an absolute shocking situation so well.

Has it been on SSN?

Shows a high degree of naivity if he thought his community order would just disappear if he didn't complete his UPW hours in the allotted 12 months. Two breaches, plus an increase in the total on each of those breaches would ordinarily be sufficient proof that any further breaches are ultimately not going to end well with the court, but seemingly not. The hours can be completed in a number of ways (not just hard graft these days) so I can see the club offering an arrangement whereby he pays some of his dues i.e. hours, through community work under their existing arrangements. May therefore see him do this through a combination of local school visits, hospitals etc plus trips to Witton Park wearing a high viz bib and a carrying a litter picker.

I know I should be furious about this but I'm not. I've seen it all so many times with kids at school. You misbehave you get 10 mins at break, but when the class is dismissed and you're meant to stay, you walk out with everyone else. So the teacher makes it a lunchtime detention and you fail to turn up. So it goes to a formal after school detention with notice to parents and you fail to turn up again, at which point you get the parents in and mum or dad has to guarantee they attend the detention.  At each stage the kid thinks it'll get forgotten about and their parents will never have to know. But generally, however long it takes, they have to bite the bullet and do the punishment which is always worse than the initial offence probably warranted and would have taken no time at all to complete. As someone said earlier, footballers are, in many cases, just like schoolkids. 

He needs to sort himself out and stop letting down decent honest folk who have gone out on a limb for him and to get himself back playing asap

• Like 5

‘Head in the sand attitude’. More like ‘let’s go to Marbella/Dubai/other chav hole to get f*cked up all summer while I should be doing community service’ attitude. Decent player but a cretin off it. Sort yourself out Bradley, you are in serious danger of being a what might’ve been. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Perhaps all of this nonsense is part of the reason other clubs avoided signing him before we did? He's obviously pretty immature and the adulation and money coming from football is making things worse. It could easily spiral out of control so somebody needs to have a word with him and ask him what his priorities really are. It's possible Mowbray already has and it hasn't worked. 

He's our most talented player by far so we really need his head in the game. As good as Dack has been for us nobody is irreplaceable, so if I was Tony I'd at least have one eye on who to bring in as the next Dack should he be sold or be unavailable for non-footballing reasons. We don't want to put the club's future in terms of results on the pitch in the hands of a man who clearly hasn't grown up yet. 

• Like 1

Mr Dack...you are the Clubs best player and popular with the fans.

That aside,please do not take the Pish out of the Club that pays your handsome wages and especially do not waste the time of our Manager who has better things to do than defending your sorry arse in a Court of Law.

Screw your head back on to avoid further embarrassment for all concerned.

<_<

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Husky said:

Brad should move to Blackburn, that will help keep him on the straight and narrow. There's only ice skating to tempt him.

Spot on Husky,let him see how privileged he is when he can see first hand how most working Class folk are struggling for a living.

Sorry to say I have little tolerance for wasters.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

No. I agree with you in regards to the need for professional athletes to look after themselves. The photograph and other incidents indicate Dack isn't doing this and it could lead to the situation Egyptian Pete described.

I don't believe the photograph had any influence on the team's performance at Bristol - it seems to have been a typical Rovers performance with the difference being in this league we'll get hammered. Last season we got away with wins and draws when we only turned up for one half. Nowt to do with photographs and everything to do with the mystery of why we do it!!!

Can’t remember our last tonking though Paul, can you? I’d genuinely have to google it.