BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

12 minutes ago, 47er said:

I agree with much of this but let's not forget his outstanding role in getting us promoted. Even if we were to transfer him in January we would make a huge profit on the fee we paid.

So, this has been an outstanding acquisition in football terms.

However there are now problems with him of a different kind and the club has to work out its approach.

I'd put him on a very tight leash and give him one last chance. However I suspect he will blow it at some point and we will (should?) have funds to make up the loss.

Yeah I suppose in the grand scheme they'll term him worth the hassle he's not the first talent to have wayward tendencies and he won't be the last but agree the leash has to be very tight from now on otherwise there'll likely be more problems.

1 hour ago, david brent said:

I think it’s a bloody good job you’re not a magistrate then! 

The prosecution case was that he was accused of criminal damage (a charge that was ultimately dropped). When he was told by the police officer he was going to be arrested, he “shoved” the officer once and ran off, before being arrested further down the street. 

He pleaded guilty to assault pc at the earliest opportunity.

A man of no previous convictions.

Full time employment in a promising career. 

Never in a million years did it warrant an immediate term of imprisonment.

He has however subsequently taken the mickey with the Community Order and he could easily have gone down yesterday. He benefited immensely from Mowbray’s eloquence and a sensible District Judge. 

All good points David.

However, shoving an officer and running off would be classed as resisting arrest, not the more serious charge of assault on a police officer.  It is likely that some plea bargaining took place and Dack accepted the charge to avoid a costly trial, safe in the knowledge that a minor sanction would be imposed.

Police officers are just like you and I. Ordinary lads and lasses drawn from society to do the job we don't want to do.  They are Mums and Dads, our daughters etc. Not there to be assaulted. Mandatory jail is the only satisfactory outcome in my opinion when a person assaults a police officer (which Bradley admitted).

I think I would be a bloody good Magistrate! 

Edited by Colt Seavers
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

All good points David.

However, shoving an officer and running off would be classed as resisting arrest, not the more serious charge of assault on a police officer.  It is likely that some plea bargaining took place and Dack accepted the charge to avoid a costly trial, safe in the knowledge that a minor sanction would be imposed.

Police officers are just like you and I. Ordinary lads and lasses drawn from society to do the job we don't want to do.  They are Mums and Dads, our daughters etc. Not there to be assaulted. Mandatory jail is the only satisfactory outcome in my opinion when a person assaults a police officer (which Bradley admitted).

I take your points on board re the police not being there to be assaulted and accept there probably was a bit of ‘plea bargaining.’ 

Google ‘Assault PC Magistrates sentencing guidelines’ and have a quick perusal. You will then see why it wouldn’t warrant prison. You won’t like me saying this but applying the criteria in the guidelines - there is an argument he could have got away with merely a financial penalty. I guess you will say the guidelines are too soft! 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Personally, I'd not play him until the order is completed now. Keep him training, keep him travelling with the boys to games as support, but he has several weeks worth of unpaid work to do. Make him do it, but keep him in the loop.

I'm sure he could find 4 hours a day to spare in his busy schedule that he could set aside to get this work done, except of course on Rovers match days. He'll have 5 or 6 days where Rovers aren't playing, training usually only takes half a day. He could have the remaining 99 hours done and dusted within 3 or 4 weeks if he knuckled down and concentrated on doing as much as possible each day.

Seems he's got other things to do with his spare time.

On 05/09/2018 at 05:30, AllRoverAsia said:

A modern day poor man's George Best and we all know how that ended. 

Both loveable rogues with a winning cheeky smile and a liking for the 'good life'.

TM has his work cut out on this one methinks.

I hope he buckles down and behaves but do fear for him.

George Best was a raging alcoholic who stopped playing football at 27. Lets not exaggerate! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

All good points David.

Judge Jeffreys, I presume!

Not doing the community service is a disgrace really. Absolutely no excuse for it, none at all. I second the poster who said they feel bad for Mowbray, he shouldn't have to be going to court to vouch for a player who, lets call a spade a spade here, refused to do his community service because he for some bizzare reason, thought he would get away with it. That part is a real worry. How did he not comprehend that he wouldn't get away with it? It's embarassing for the club and the manager. He needs to get his shit together and make the most of his undoubted talent and the great opportunity he has been given here. 

For those saying we have all done stupid things when younger, I would point out that Dack is 24, not 16. He needs to get the fook away from this Z list celebrity lifestyle nonsense. Will he though? Time will tell. If he doesn't do it with Mowbray as his manager, he literally never will. 

• Like 4

I hope that Rovers put in some support network now for him..

I am quite surprised that no one  in his work surroundings actualy knew he was missing these apointments ,maybe they did but he chose to ignore them.However he as now been given another chance and lets hope he  grasps it,i also hope he as apologised to all the people who have been affected by this and that includes his fans ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den9112 said:

I hope that Rovers put in some support network now for him..

I am quite surprised that no one  in his work surroundings actualy knew he was missing these apointments ,maybe they did but he chose to ignore them.However he as now been given another chance and lets hope he  grasps it,i also hope he as apologised to all the people who have been affected by this and that includes his fans ...

I presume they presumed he was actually doing it!  

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

Different world where he's from I bet even Manchester doesn't live up to it and I don't think he'll grow out of it for a while yet. Mind you they managed to sort Sutton out similar to that so there's hope yet I suppose, meanwhile he's a lot of litter to pick up !!

Sutton? East Anglia isn't exactly a metropolis don't think there's any similarity between him and Dack. OK Sutton was arrested just before he joined but I don't think he was constantly hanging around nightclubs, etc was he? Plus I think Sutton said he preferred the non city lifestyle. Dack thinks he's some playboy though if women like him maybe he is. 

Edited by Vinjay17

22 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Sutton? East Anglia isn't exactly a metropolis don't think there's any similarity between him and Dack. OK Sutton was arrested just before he joined but I don't think he was constantly hanging around nightclubs, etc was he? Plus I think Sutton said he preferred the non city lifestyle. Dack thinks he's some playboy though if women like him maybe he is. 

He clearly is a hit with the ladies, then again footballers generally are. Richie Sadlier spoke about it in an interview once, not the biggest name, best player or most handsome chap. He said women would literally be throwing themselves at him and the other Milwall players in bars. Basically out to score a footballer, pun intended. Dack is a far better player than Sadlier and even as a hetrosexual male I would say better looking. The lifestyle he is living outside football is one that most 24 year olds dream about and we can say that he should do this and that all we want, but it really is easier said than done with regards to partying and going out meeting ladies. He isn't going to sit in alone watching Netflix on a Saturday night. The best case scenario would be that he meets a girl and settles down. Fergie used to push this hard when he was united manager. Granted Giggs was still making the boldy with his brothers wife, but I think in general its a good policy. 

So, do any of ye know of any nice ladies to set Dacky up with? #finddackawife

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

• Moderation Lead

I think people are going a bit OTT about Dack's lifestyle. Let's assume he plasters it all over the internet when he's out, as many people do these days.

I follow him on Instagram and when he first signed, he did seem to be out a lot, but then it was massively reined in until the end of the season (discounting the night out the team had post Charlton away). 

He might well be out more than I give him credit for, admittedly, but if he is, I'm not sure people would have any proof of this unless they see it with their own eyes.....

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Nobody is comparing East Anglia to Essex they are however comparable characters do your research and you'll find Sutty was a bit of a lad and had a model bird as well. There's a whole story behind Sutton and it took a while for him to settle down, you've already struck up a comparison by highlighting the arrests.

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Warren Lucy Rovers media staff member

The first of a few @BradDacks40 stories to be filtered out over the weekend after I had a little chat with him... #Rovers

https://t.co/VM5ZfZjXZ9

Presume an explanation of his conduct leading to another court appearance is to come, rather than blissful ignorance.