BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

On 05/09/2018 at 18:56, OnePhilT said:

Maybe Mowbray will have something to better to do when he gets his £15m in January.

Problem is clubs do  character checks on their purchases. This little episode  is hardly a resume builder. Maybe 15 million wasn’t too bad to cash in our chips, before the luck runs out. 

Been a way for a bit but thought i would comment on this.

Youngster get themselves in trouble in all walks of life - I myself had a community service order when I was 19 more than twenty years ago. Will not go into details ha-ha

What i cannot understand is how he somehow cannot find the time to do it.

When i had mine, it was 160 hours similar to him (no I did not assault a police officer) but at the time I was working 6 days a week which meant I had to do my CS on my only day off. This meant it took me a bloody age to get through, 6 or 7 hours each day i would go, so it was only 22 - 25 days in total. The issue was I could only go once a week, so it basically meant I did not get a day of rest for six months.

I cannot fathom how Dack somehow decides in his head that he cannot do it for whatever reason. He has plenty of time after training and on his days off, he really should be able to have it done in less than a month if he wanted to.

• Like 2

I hope Mowbray and the bosses at the club have read him the riot act instead of tiptoeing around him as pointed out In real life you're held accountable for your actions and have zero choice but to accept the punishment.

Hit them hard in the pocket it's probably the only thing some of these lot understand, give it to charity.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, JAL said:

How the he'll does Nixon know what Venkys plans are or is it through the agents still doing Venkys deed here.

I think It's more a case that he's a time-served bullshitter.  He has one of the easiest jobs in the world. Pluck an idea from thin air, type it up and reply to a few tweets in a cryptic, non-committal manner. 

What a life.

Edited by Pedro

• 4 weeks later...

I see the dark forces are busy at work already. Barely out of September and they're already 'linking' our best player with a move away to a rival. Usually they leave it until December at least.

Nixon was on Radio Lancashire last night and they allowed him to spend most of the segment on Rovers talking about Dack's future and attempts to keep hold of him.

Dark forces.

Fairly sure I haven't seen any media frenzy linking Sheffield United players with moves away this week, or Norwich, or Forest, so why are we so popular in the press all of a sudden?

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Surely 20 million is madness, but will get the Loons juices flowing. Dack will be sold at their right price.

I wouldn't even be selling him for that anyway. If they are advised well (hahahahahaha), they will know that the more he shines int his division, the more he is worth.

Under contract, still fairly young, English and could be worth so much more to a promotion candidate (in terms of ultimate prize). 

I still do not even think we have seen close to the best of him yet this season either. 

Love the attitude of those West From fans! They simply assume that Dack is their's so long as they cough up the right money. Like Dack doesn't have a contract wit another club!

If I were Dack I'd stay where I was until a much bigger team came along.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

I see the dark forces are busy at work already. Barely out of September and they're already 'linking' our best player with a move away to a rival. Usually they leave it until December at least.

Nixon was on Radio Lancashire last night and they allowed him to spend most of the segment on Rovers talking about Dack's future and attempts to keep hold of him.

Dark forces.

Fairly sure I haven't seen any media frenzy linking Sheffield United players with moves away this week, or Norwich, or Forest, so why are we so popular in the press all of a sudden?

Even Liam rosenier spent the whole of the after match analysis ignoring the game and just showing dack reels in slow mo saying he's ready for the premiership

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is being linked because he is a brilliant player who is scoring regularly in the Championship. No conspiracy to see here! 

Plenty of players playing well and scoring regularly in the Championship. Certain individuals seem to enjoy or benefit from throwing stories out into the press at every opportunity.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Plenty of players playing well and scoring regularly in the Championship. Certain individuals seem to enjoy or benefit from throwing stories out into the press at every opportunity.

Not true. You just notice it more with Dack

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/10/07/tt-report-huddersfield-plot-eight-figure-bid-for-brentfords-neal/ 

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/leicester-plan-to-recall-harvey-barnes-from-loan-spell-at-west-brom-874753.html 

https://readceltic.com/2018/10/08/celtic-target-nick-powell-turns-down-wigan-contract/

https://en.onefootball.com/three-premier-league-clubs-eyeing-move-for-leeds-striker-kemar-roofe/ 

Most players who started the season well will be linked with moves

• Like 1

For the older ones, it is very reminiscent of when Tony Field was here. Picked up reasonably cheap, proved he had fabulous skill, regular goal-scorer, fans cult hero. left for (at the time) a much bigger club. And yet we survived and prospered. Whatever happens it will not be the end of the world.  

• Like 2

It's all about what happens to the money once he's sold....

West Brom though ?   Can understand them seeing him as a player who might help push them over the line to promotion if they are up there still and at 20 mill that would still be a shrewd buy.  The player himself though would probably be better hanging fire but I do think the days of the likes of Spuds and Arsenal  looking at types like him are gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JHRover said:

Dark forces.

Nixon is the advertising mouthpiece for certain people so he's just making sure everyone is aware of Dack and that there might be clubs ready to jump in Jan, he's akin to an auctioneer all he's missing is his wooden hammer !

He'll have a nice drink out of it.

Edited by tomphil