BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

A player being potentially recalled by his parent club isn't the same though is it. 

If a player is performing well anywhere, across the whole spectrum, they will be linked with moves away and I don't think Dack is any exception really.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is being linked because he is a brilliant player who is scoring regularly in the Championship. No conspiracy to see here! 

Fundamentally, the first part is true, but I've got my doubts that any locally based journalists are on the radio elsewhere putting their key players in the shop window in the same way as our Alan is......

Nixon is such an embittered goon, where we are concerned. 

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

Nixon seems to have a real downer on Rovers probably something to do with the journalistic arm he threw around Kean and Coyle in an effort to try and dupe us into believing that they were any good. Arguably they were the two worst managers in most of our times following Rovers. His own stock has fallen to such a degree that he is almost inventing stories which the majority of us think are in the realms of fantasy. I can't believe that Radio Lancashire give him airtime and that people follow/converse with him on Twitter or read his red top columns. He is a washed up hack.

Dack might be sold (as might any player for the right price) but Nixon has no more idea about this than any of us.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good on you mate, but I'm a realist and Brereton is the replacement and 13m in the Venkys back sack.....I said it the day we agreed 7m....

Well, imo Brereton is no replacement at all! I can only hope you are wrong.

56 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Nixon seems to have a real downer on Rovers probably something to do with the journalistic arm he threw around Kean and Coyle in an effort to try and dupe us into believing that they were any good. Arguably they were the two worst managers in most of our times following Rovers. His own stock has fallen to such a degree that he is almost inventing stories which the majority of us think are in the realms of fantasy. I can't believe that Radio Lancashire give him airtime and that people follow/converse with him on Twitter or read his red top columns. He is a washed up hack.

Dack might be sold (as might any player for the right price) but Nixon has no more idea about this than any of us.

I think he's in the 'I told you so' mentality. He's desperate to predict something that later comes true so he can turn around to his legion of fans and show them he knew it all along.

Thought Radio Lancashire were wide of the mark describing him as a 'football reporter'. As far as I can see his work goes as far as a couple of sentences in the transfer gossip columns in the tabloids and whipping people into a frenzy on twitter. Without the transfer window to keep him busy he'd be about as much of a 'reporter' as I am.

35 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think he's in the 'I told you so' mentality. He's desperate to predict something that later comes true so he can turn around to his legion of fans and show them he knew it all along.

Thought Radio Lancashire were wide of the mark describing him as a 'football reporter'. As far as I can see his work goes as far as a couple of sentences in the transfer gossip columns in the tabloids and whipping people into a frenzy on twitter. Without the transfer window to keep him busy he'd be about as much of a 'reporter' as I am.

I once heard a journo on Sunday Supplement that Nixon can throw a hundred darts and one might hit the bullseye. Such is the esteem his colleagues hold him in.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

True...but I am pretty sure I read a broad hint somewhere that Nixon has a bit more than mere journalistic involvement with certain er forces...

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

It's all about what happens to the money once he's sold....

West Brom though ?   Can understand them seeing him as a player who might help push them over the line to promotion if they are up there still and at 20 mill that would still be a shrewd buy.  The player himself though would probably be better hanging fire but I do think the days of the likes of Spuds and Arsenal  looking at types like him are gone.

Except arsenal recently bought Guendouzi from French league 2 team Lorient and are playing him. 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Except arsenal recently bought Guendouzi from French league 2 team Lorient and are playing him. 

Yeah, but he only cost them about £7m. Dack would probably cost double if not triple that, which is why clubs tend to look abroad for prospects rather than paying over the odds for domestic players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That kind of proves my point.

French league 2 is poor, believe me. Way below championship. If Arsenal have bought a player from there and are playing him, there's no reason why they shouldn't look at players like Dack. Of course they probably won't,  because we'd want a lot of money, but they could

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good on you mate, but I'm a realist and Brereton is the replacement and 13m in the Venkys back sack.....I said it the day we agreed 7m....

How is he a replacement if they play in different positions? 

If he was signed as a replacement, well then why didn't they take the money West Brom bid? 

You are putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 3547.  Your point makes absolutely no logical sense for many reasons. 

9 hours ago, rigger said:

For the older ones, it is very reminiscent of when Tony Field was here. Picked up reasonably cheap, proved he had fabulous skill, regular goal-scorer, fans cult hero. left for (at the time) a much bigger club. And yet we survived and prospered. Whatever happens it will not be the end of the world.  

I was devastated when Field left.

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

I was devastated when Field left.

Oh God, me too!

And I can't repeat what we were all saying about Gordon Lee at the time either. Just over a year later we were all gutted when Gordon Lee, himself, left.

I often think about Selhurst Park in '89...If anyone would have told me that a few short years later we would be 4th, 2nd and 1st in the premier league.

You never know what is around the corner.

But it has been 8 long, cold years now in Narnia.....signs of a thaw?

He will be gone sooner or later unless we have a good season challenging for the playoffs.

15 million bids rejected and now talk of 20+, the Venkies will be selling eventually while thinking TM is a genius to be able to turn 750k into such money after  1-2 years. Just hope that means they will allow him to reinvest a good chunk of that money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The thing is, for all of his flair, his tricks, his nutmegs etc, the thing that boosts his price up so high is his consistent stream of goals. Hes a poacher but from a 10 position.

That goal on Saturday perfectly illustrates your point. Bit of ping-pong in the box (no Thailand jokes, please) and who pops up at point blank to smack it in? He's a sly fox, alright.

• Like 2