BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

7 minutes ago, Give 'Em the Axe said:

That goal on Saturday perfectly illustrates your point. Bit of ping-pong in the box (no Thailand jokes, please) and who pops up at point blank to smack it in? He's a sly fox, alright.

He is great at knowing where to be in the box. The goal he got against Forest when Graham played it across he was literally on the line to tap it in 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2

I don't believe he'll go in January. I think Venkys are backing TM to achieve promotion.(not necessarily this season!).

January window will be quite illuminating. 

Will TM get the opportunity to develop a promotion squad over 3 or 4 windows?

Its been a good start.

• Like 1

Just now, 47er said:

I don't believe he'll go in January. I think Venkys are backing TM to achieve promotion.(not necessarily this season!).

January window will be quite illuminating. 

Will TM get the opportunity to develop a promotion squad over 3 or 4 windows?

Its been a good start.

I certainly hope so and then they sell the club.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is great at knowing where to be in the box. The goal he got against Forest when Graham played it across he was literally on the line to tap it in 

Yep! First day of the season versus Ipswich as well. The fella has a lot to his game. Still reckon he hasn't hit peak form yet this season, so I'm excited to see what he can from here on out.

It is his consistent goals that are getting him highlighted but I do have a wry smile when media keep saying he has got all these goals from midfield. He is effectively a second-striker though one that comes from a little deeper and the team is basically set up around him. Graham is there to hold it up and bring others in and of course, Dack is going to get more goals than the others in the 3 simply because he is more central.

He does play that position extremely well though so you cannot take it away from him. Especially when you consider that teams know he is our most dangerous player and will always setup to try and nullify him in some way. 

Like 47 said above, imagine if he was in a team that was more attack minded with many other stars for opponents to worry about - he could run havoc with all that additional space.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

It is his consistent goals that are getting him highlighted but I do have a wry smile when media keep saying he has got all these goals from midfield. He is effectively a second-striker though one that comes from a little deeper and the team is basically set up around him. Graham is there to hold it up and bring others in and of course, Dack is going to get more goals than the others in the 3 simply because he is more central.

He does play that position extremely well though so you cannot take it away from him. Especially when you consider that teams know he is our most dangerous player and will always setup to try and nullify him in some way. 

Like 47 said above, imagine if he was in a team that was more attack minded with many other stars for opponents to worry about - he could run havoc with all that additional space.

Agreed, it would be like saying Teddy Sheringham, Dennis Bergkamp and Antoine Griezemann were/are midfielders. 

I do think he partially thrives off being the main man to be fair, always in his favoured position.

8 hours ago, philipl said:

Readinig this thread is like seeing Rovers fans trying to flog off our best player!

It is actually the complete opposite with numerous posts hoping our star man is not flogged.

On 11/10/2018 at 22:37, Bigdoggsteel said:

More like between his legs

"Brains between legs" syndrome. My Dad used that one at me many years ago as I recall

Like it or not this is the world BRFC is operating, find a gem, develop and sell for huge profit. We as fans have to accept that.

I think he will go in January especially if he continues the fine form he is in. Brereton is not the player to replace him in this position and I think TM will have his eyes on another gem as a replacement.

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Like it or not this is the world BRFC is operating, find a gem, develop and sell for huge profit. We as fans have to accept that.

I think he will go in January especially if he continues the fine form he is in. Brereton is not the player to replace him in this position and I think TM will have his eyes on another gem as a replacement.

I don't see any reason why he will go in January ,barring we get an offer of £20 million plus.  Will a team bid that much? 

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see any reason why he will go in January ,barring we get an offer of £20 million plus.  Will a team bid that much? 

Possibly not WBA.

"Although Albion have a healthy relationship with their former boss, and sent Rekeem Harper on loan to Blackburn last season, Rovers won’t listen to offers under £20million. That is likely to be too much for the Baggies, who remain in an overdraft following the summer window"

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/10/10/blackburn-rovers-chief-wants-to-keep-bradley-dack/

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Possibly not WBA.

"Although Albion have a healthy relationship with their former boss, and sent Rekeem Harper on loan to Blackburn last season, Rovers won’t listen to offers under £20million. That is likely to be too much for the Baggies, who remain in an overdraft following the summer window"

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/10/10/blackburn-rovers-chief-wants-to-keep-bradley-dack/

Ya, I think £20 million plus would be a big outlay for a guy with half a season of Championship football to his name. It is inevitable that he will leave for big money, but I don't think it will happen as soon as January. Unless a team fighting relegation from the Premier league decides to roll the dice...Hopefully not. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, I think £20 million plus would be a big outlay for a guy with half a season of Championship football to his name. It is inevitable that he will leave for big money, but I don't think it will happen as soon as January. Unless a team fighting relegation from the Premier league decides to roll the dice...Hopefully not. 

He's a natural goalscorer. They are rare, especially from the No.10 role. I'd be surprised if Prem clubs didn't come in for him.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's a natural goalscorer. They are rare, especially from the No.10 role. I'd be surprised if Prem clubs didn't come in for him.

In January? Ya, that's the fear and stranger things have happened than a club bidding £20 million plus for Dack. A few very interesting transfer windows coming up for the club 

Nobody in the Championship can spend £20 million on one player unless

a) They sell someone for a huge amount to generate the funds

or

b) They are almost certain to get promoted and have one eye on next season knowing there is little to no chance they will be in the Championship.

A very small number of clubs could afford £20 million and unfortunately for them FFP rules would make that virtually impossible to do.

3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd say his physicality will put prem teams off.  How old is he? Doesn't look fit, needs to lose half a stone at least and get with a sprint coach.

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd say his physicality will put prem teams off.  How old is he? Doesn't look fit, needs to lose half a stone at least and get with a sprint coach.

Actually I think his "squat frame" is a positive for him. He's strong enough to survive the hard tackles (either he bounces off them or they bounce off him!), he has that low centre of gravity which enables him to twist and turn in close situations and, players of his shape don't seem so prone to muscular injuries (thigh strains and the like) the same as taller ones.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 47er said:

Actually I think his "squat frame" is a positive for him. He's strong enough to survive the hard tackles (either he bounces off them or they bounce off him!), he has that low centre of gravity which enables him to twist and turn in close situations and, players of his shape don't seem so prone to muscular injuries (thigh strains and the like) the same as taller ones.

I think he can get quicker plus he's breathing out his arse after an hour. I agree about his style