BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't think I'm inclined to agree with you Jim.  The way he bamboozled the Everton centre backs in that friendly said a lot. King Kenny wasn't the quickest either but he had the strength and skill on the ball to get the better of most defenders. When I look at some of the Premier League strikers that have played for England before Kane came along, they weren't up to much.

I di think of Dalglish in relation to slow forwards (but quick thinking) - except that the game is so much faster and more athletic than when he was playing. Bobby Moore could barely run either but read the game so well he was always a yard or two ahead. 

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

I di think of Dalglish in relation to slow forwards (but quick thinking) - except that the game is so much faster and more athletic than when he was playing. Bobby Moore could barely run either but read the game so well he was always a yard or two ahead. 

Dalglish was certainly smarter than Dack. Having said that he was smarter than most players.

Realistically if any PL team comes in for him - let alone a CL club like Spurs - he's a gonner. No point deluding ourselves. Our main hope is that he does seem physically a bit off the running compared to the Premiership so maybe no one will punt the 15M+ it will take to get him. There must be a chance West Ham, Southampton etc will give it a whirl though.

We may be able to hold off other Championship clubs like WBA as he does seem very happy here.

I can't help thinking firstly it bs. Secondly if there is a whiff of Truth in it that the jump is to big at this stage. He wouldnt get anywhere near that Spurs team and that's before he finds the bright lights of London. I think if he wasn't going up with us or say a newly relegated team then a Newcastle, brighton, palace , West Ham would be the next step otherwise he risks obscurity

Its noticeable that Dack isn't dominating games like he did in Div 1. No surprises there!

So, we can assume he would have a challenge to replicate his performances of this season in the Premiership.

Not saying that he couldn't do it, he has natural ability in abundance but I could see some Premiership clubs thinking that more than 20M would be a risk.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Its noticeable that Dack isn't dominating games like he did in Div 1. No surprises there!

So, we can assume he would have a challenge to replicate his performances of this season in the Premiership.

Not saying that he couldn't do it, he has natural ability in abundance but I could see some Premiership clubs thinking that more than 20M would be a risk.

Needs some proper S&C work from what I can see.  Looks like a night out too many for bradders....even jimmy Bullard beat him in soccer am challenge ?

6 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Needs some proper S&C work from what I can see.  Looks like a night out too many for bradders....even jimmy Bullard beat him in soccer am challenge ?

BBQs can do that to a man Sparks Rover. We are better off selling him now - can't believe how damaging to team morale this man is!!!!

9 hours ago, 47er said:

He didn't 'dominate' games in League 1, he just happened to be very good when he rec'd the ball and when presented with chances. He still is.  However, recently, he's missed a few (Derby, Leeds) and so it looks like he's off the boil a bit. Although he's getting man-marked by better players this season he's still getting the chances. 

In fairness to the lad we aren't a 'FL's Derby' who will create countless chances due to having some quality ball players. We've scored very few from open play at home this season. In other teams he's get far more chances and have to do far less work defensively. IMO.

On 21/10/2018 at 18:59, 47er said:

Ditto last night. Barely looked a £2million player

18 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Ditto last night. Barely looked a £2million player

He's had two very quiet games the last two imo.  Hope the speculation isn't turning his head a bit.  Arguably he'd look a lot better the better the side he was in but performances apart you can't really quibble with his goal scoring return this term at a higher level especially considering he isn't an out and out striker.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's had two very quiet games the last two imo.  Hope the speculation isn't turning his head a bit.  Arguably he'd look a lot better the better the side he was in but performances apart you can't really quibble with his goal scoring return this term at a higher level especially considering he isn't an out and out striker.

It'll be interesting to see how he plays on Saturday. Shop window ?

13 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Suspect teams have worked him out a little bit. I think Leeds fell into the trap of thinking they take Dack out of the game you stop Rovers. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

One positive to come from playing Dack as the most advanced against WBA is that it would seem their fans are not too interested in signing him anymore. 

http://wbaunofficial.org.uk/showthread.php?tid=18541

So THAT'S why Mowbray put him up front against them.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Now they want Reed instead though...

Side note - the following exchange would not look out of place on here :)

"Just flabbergasting comments on here. Can’t wait to see what manager everyone thinks will arrive here to replace Moore and walk the league. This place has become the most incredibly negative forum."

"This past week has shown up a number of issues with the team that need addressing. If we can't offer constructive criticism and voice our opinion of them, then what is the point of even having a forum?

Supporting a team means wanting what's best for it, and sometimes that means you have to be as prepared to point out its weaknesses as praise its strengths.

I don't think I've seen one person here suggest we should be walking the league, but I think we all want to push and finish as high as possible."

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Just might be something in that although it's double edged sword, have a stormer his price goes up but have a bad'un and they might be put off.

No brainer !

Can't see that happening. I don't think he gets in the spurs team and they wouldn't pay the money to buy him even though they can. Well known for under cutting teams on prices. Think they were linked to the villa player for £25M plus. 

That's a good starting point on price demands as I think both are equal players.