BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Dack isn't going to Spurs and I'd be surprised if wba pay the money we would want for him. Ethan ampadu would be an excellent loan signing for any team in this league. We should be looking at him

I was just about to post similar.

Ampadu is one hell of a goodun.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Not saying Dack isn't good enough for the PL, but for Spurs? There's Alli and Eriksen at the very least ahead of him in his favoured position there and he isn't better than them. Not to mention Moura or Lamela also playing there occasionally.

Seems a very unlikely link to me.

The Spurs link keeps popping up and I am not sure where it has come from other than it probably being lazy journalism linking him to a London club. I just cannot see it happening. While I think he will play PL football at some point, I do not think he is quite ready for it yet. He is still coming to terms with the Championship for the first time and while he has done well so far, you can see that he is not finding it so easy.

Dack has not been the dominant force in the Championship that he was in L1 as of yet but this is mainly because he is singled out every game as most teams know all about him being our most dangerous player. We also play a cautious game with two defensive minded CMs most of the time that struggle to feed him - which will not suit him. Still, he shows bits of magic here and there and can always be counted on popping up with the goals.

If Spurs are willing to offer a sum which easily breaks our transfer record they have decided if he is good enough and there are aspects to his play which undoubtedly are.

I really hope he stays because clubs like Rovers need Premier League class players to sustain ambitions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, philipl said:

If Spurs are willing to offer a sum which easily breaks our transfer record they have decided if he is good enough and there are aspects to his play which undoubtedly are.

I really hope he stays because clubs like Rovers need Premier League class players to sustain ambitions. 

Levy is a notoriously difficult to extract decent transfer fees from....

Someone is pushing this link...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Levy is a notoriously difficult to extract decent transfer fees from....

Someone is pushing this link...

Spurs are not interested in Bradley, plus they've told his agent to stop pushing it, that's the 'someone'! 

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Just thinking..Does Nixon ever do the Spurs link or is it only in other papers?

No idea, sports journalist are all much the same and will gladly print snippets such as this, but it is definitely Dack's agent talking this Spurs story up, for obvious reasons.

We are heading towards December so the feelers are being put out again from somewhere, he'll probably be linked to about 5 clubs before the window but it's only likely to be West Brom who make a concrete offer again. He's gone quiet the past few weeks performance wise so they have to try and keep the numbers u somehow so what better than a non existent huge interest from Spuds..

Papers link good players to teams, that's how it is and always will be. They were linking him with Cardiff last season. The Spurs link is a good one I feel. Firstly I don't believe it, secondly it will encourage him and give him confidence that a big club are interested in him. Lastly, it will inflate his value for when/if we do sell him. 

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Papers link good players to teams, that's how it is and always will be. They were linking him with Cardiff last season. The Spurs link is a good one I feel. Firstly I don't believe it, secondly it will encourage him and give him confidence that a big club are interested in him. Lastly, it will inflate his value for when/if we do sell him. 

So you don't believe it but Bradley does believe it?

Just now, donnermeat said:

So you don't believe it but Bradley does believe it?

I would imagine reading you are being linked to a team who have made the Champions league fairly regularly in recent years is good for your confidence. I don't think it has to be true. 

As someone posted the other day, Spurs have Eriksen, Ali, Son , Lamela and Lucas Moura who can all play where Dack plays.  I can't see them forking out £20 million plus for him. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would imagine reading you are being linked to a team who have made the Champions league fairly regularly in recent years is good for your confidence. I don't think it has to be true. 

As someone posted the other day, Spurs have Eriksen, Ali, Son , Lamela and Lucas Moura who can all play where Dack plays.  I can't see them forking out £20 million plus for him. 

Ok, it's just in the next breath you said it will give him confidence that a big club are interested in him, but then go on to say they aren't.

1 minute ago, donnermeat said:

Ok, it's just in the next breath you said it will give him confidence that a big club are interested in him, but then go on to say they aren't.

Ya, I don't think their interest, if any, is enough that it will actually lead to a bid. 

I would be far more worried about a team near the relegation places in the Premier league bidding for him come January 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Ya, I don't think their interest, if any, is enough that it will actually lead to a bid. 

I would be far more worried about a team near the relegation places in the Premier league bidding for him come January 

No neither do I, his agent may as well link him to Barcelona next time to boost his client's confidence! 

Second part I agree for sure.

Just now, donnermeat said:

No neither do I, his agent may as well link him to Barcelona next time to boost his client's confidence! 

Second part I agree for sure.

He would fit in well there alright :) Could be an agent making it up. If your client is linked to Spurs, I think that is a good thing for you...and your client 

He would fit in well there alright :) Could be an agent making it up. If your client is linked to Spurs, I think that is a good thing for you...and your client 

It IS his agent making it up and Spurs have nicely asked Dack's agent to stop it.