BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

I know Dack's general play has been cramped lately by tight marking, but I was just thinking about how much we would want for him if Spurs do come calling, and did a little research.

In the summer, they had a £25 million bid for Jack Grealish rejected by Villa. I haven't seen Grealish play really, but he is listed as an attacking mid, so I presume he has a similar role to Dack. If he does, the stats suggest he is a lot less effective at it.

Grealish is one year younger. With experience of playing in the Premiership (which should help him at this level), as well as two seasons (plus this one) in the Championship, his goal and assists return in the two and a bit seasons he has had in this league?

9 goals, 10 assists. Bradley has (these are just league stats) 8 goals and 2 assists just this season, and it's only early November.

He's done that in 14 games, whereas Grealish's record is over 78 games! You can argue the assists difference, though we know Dack can put them on a plate too, with nearly half as many assists as goals last season, and 3 assists (and 2 goals) in the cup this season.

Obviously, they're different players, in different teams, and I haven't really seen one of them. Plus Grealish is also listed as a winger as well as attacking mid, which may explain the higher assists and less goals (although if you extrapolate the numbers Dack would get similar assists over 78 games). But it all just makes me wonder, if £25 million isn't enough for Grealish, shouldn't we be looking at that kind of figure for Dack if we were to sell?

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I 'd be pricing Dack into the 30's with a view to going higher if he continues to progress.

He has played like a drain by his high standards in recent matches yet still has scored two out of two in the last two games.

From looking on t'internet, there is a far more concerted effort going on to flog Grealish to Spuds in January including a very clearly agent produced showreel. What that reel reveals incidentally is that while Grealish has vision and a nice change of pace and direction, Dack's close ball control skills are on a much higher level while his chance taking and vision are at least as good as Grealish. I didn't see the game but checking back to Rovers v Villa comments on here, Grealish didn't make too much impression.  

I certainly wouldn't take Grealish over Dack. 

• Like 2

I would have thought our hands would be tied on this to some extent by the fact a release clause was probably written into his latest contract.

If there was such a clause, hopefully we were prudent enough to pitch it at an absolute minimum of £20m and hopefully higher. If not we can demand telephone numbers should there be any interest as philip says.

24 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

30 plus million for dack. Behave yourselves.

About what Villa wanted for Grealish. Who is better? The market has gone a bit insane these days, it's easy to forget since we've been gone from the promised land for so long.

Before looking up those stats and figures with Grealish though, I'd have been saying we should be looking at the 20-25 mill range. Of course, from his stats and the video I watched after I posted earlier, I don't see why Grealish is a 30 million quid player either. But IF he is...

Edited by bluebruce

I think £25m is a realistic fee for Dack. It’s incredible that a £500k League 1 transfer may go some way to fixing our finances. 

The value of our squad now compared to just over a year ago is ridiculous. We’ve probably got four £7m+ players in Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe & Raya. We barely had any worth £2m+ when Mowbray took over.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I think £25m is a realistic fee for Dack. It’s incredible that a £500k League 1 transfer may go some way to fixing our finances. 

The value of our squad now compared to just over a year ago is ridiculous. We’ve probably got four £7m+ players in Dack, Lenihan, Nyambe & Raya. We barely had any worth £2m+ when Mowbray took over.

Good post. However I think Nyambe would need tying down to a new big long term deal before he was worth megabucks. Not sure what his contractual situation is but if he hasn't had a suitable upgrade recently it should be a priority. Same applies to Raya.

7 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Venky's finances, not Rovers...

Same position but different players really. Grealish is more a creator than scorer while Dack is the other way around.

Grealish has done it in the PL which would be a reason as to suggest he is worth a bit more, also a year younger and probably on a fair bit more than Dack is. 

If sold you would be hoping for at least 25 mil for Dack though - just hope a release fee of 15 mil or something has not been put into his contract. 

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

About what Villa wanted for Grealish. Who is better? The market has gone a bit insane these days, it's easy to forget since we've been gone from the promised land for so long.

Before looking up those stats and figures with Grealish though, I'd have been saying we should be looking at the 20-25 mill range. Of course, from his stats and the video I watched after I posted earlier, I don't see why Grealish is a 30 million quid player either. But IF he is...

Hasnt Grealish only got 1 goal and 2 assist all.season.

Dack is smashing it this season. 

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Same position but different players really. Grealish is more a creator than scorer while Dack is the other way around.

Grealish has done it in the PL which would be a reason as to suggest he is worth a bit more, also a year younger and probably on a fair bit more than Dack is. 

If sold you would be hoping for at least 25 mil for Dack though - just hope a release fee of 15 mil or something has not been put into his contract. 

I think the only difference is that Grealish has played more in the Championship and the Premier league. Dack is far more talented. He offers far more all round than Grealish 

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think the only difference is that Grealish has played more in the Championship and the Premier league. Dack is far more talented. He offers far more all round than Grealish 

I dont think hes "far more talented" the main thing Dack has over Grealish is a constant supply of goals which is far more important than any other skill for an attacking player anyway.

I dont remember many games (if any of the top of my head) this season where Dack has dominated but his goal record is excellent.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I dont think hes "far more talented" the main thing Dack has over Grealish is a constant supply of goals which is far more important than any other skill for an attacking player anyway.

I dont remember many games (if any of the top of my head) this season where Dack has dominated but his goal record is excellent.

I have watched plenty of both and that is my opinion. Grealish is quick and direct, but Dack has more skills and flicks, is a better goal scorer and arguably better at laying on assists. Hence why I say he is more talented. The stats this year are backing that up. If we swapped players, I bet Dack would end up doing better for Villa than Grealish would for us! 

Grealish is a better all-round midfield play-maker.  Dack is another Jordan Rhodes; he scores goals even when having a poor game like against Rotherham.

Know who I'd rather have in my side.................. Sir Bradley!!

What Grealish and Dack have in common is strength. They are both incredibly difficult to knock off the ball. Neither have genuine pace so not sure that is a discussion. They are different players anyway. Grealish is a playmaker …. Dack is 30% playmaker/70% goal machine. I think Dack is a bit of phenomenon if I'm honest. There is no-one else like him in the Championship. 

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thread on their forum about him.

20% sell on fee, they reckon...

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/dacky.85515/

They are just assuming 20% as its fairly standard these days but there is nothing concrete. Funny seeing them all rubbing their hands together though - really would be a windfall for them. 

19 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

He's just said he's a united fan, gone down in my estimation ?

Me too. That makes him just another glory hunting Scum fan. Spoils it a bit for me really but he's still a cracker in this division. The Premiership is another animal altogether.